PDA

View Full Version : Places to eat

jake27
09-04-2004, 03:58 PM
I'm wondering wgere some good places that are in walking distance that I could go to before or after Sox games. I usually go to O'Mally's, which is great, but I want to try other places.

santo=dorf
09-04-2004, 04:01 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1730&stc=1&thumb=1
Schaller's Pump at 37th and Halsted. Very affordable and tasty. :gulp:

Rudy Law
09-04-2004, 04:02 PM
Go to Connies Pizza on Archer and Canal......Vert Good and affordable!!

pinwheels3530
09-04-2004, 04:51 PM
Go to Connies Pizza on Archer and Canal......Vert Good and affordable!!
:bandance: Connie's is the best!!!!

HomeFish
09-04-2004, 05:06 PM
What I'd like to see is a map of the area around US Cellular Field that shows streets such as Archer, Halsted, and others that are well-known but not immediately visible from the park, yet within walking distance.

My pre-game explorations of the area have revealed much for me, but I still don't have a complete picture.

DumpJerry
09-04-2004, 05:23 PM
Mapquest or Randmcnally.com can show the area around Comiskey in detail. Plug in the address and then zoom in and out the views as necessary. Also, the CTA maps show the major streets since the busses are on them.

Just don't ask a Flub fan to show you around. You'll wind up in Iowa.:?:

You also have Chinatown just north of the park......22nd (Cermak) and Wentworth.....

npdempse
09-05-2004, 12:02 AM
We recently found out about Gio's, 2724 South Lowe. Not quite walking distance, but incredible Italian food in a restaurant/deli.

For take-out, you can't beat the prices at Maxwell St. Polish on 31st between Shield's and Wallace, or the seafood from the Southside Shrimp House at 31st and Shields. I like to get a bag of takeout from one of these places and eat it in the park.

Of course there's Jimbo's, at 34th and Shields, for beer and a burger.

I like the food at Healthy Food cafe (Lithuanian, iirc), on Halsted a bit south of 31st, but the ambiance leaves something to be desired.

Parrothead
09-05-2004, 12:42 AM
I'm wondering wgere some good places that are in walking distance that I could go to before or after Sox games. I usually go to O'Mally's, which is great, but I want to try other places.
Cobblestones 38th and Parnell. The muffuleta is awesome.