PDA

View Full Version : Fan on Field Incident Last Night?

Viva Magglio
09-04-2004, 09:30 AM
Note to mods: I did not see this posted anywhere else.

I did not see or hear the game last night except for the 9th inning because of work. Watching CNN this morning, I saw a crawl that said someone was arrested for running onto the field? Did this happen?

DrCrawdad
09-04-2004, 09:34 AM
Note to mods: I did not see this posted anywhere else.

I did not see or hear the game last night except for the 9th inning because of work. Watching CNN this morning, I saw a crawl that said someone was arrested for running onto the field? Did this happen?

Unfortunately, yes.

NOTES: The game was delayed after Juan Uribe's sixth-inning home run when a fan ran across the outfield. Michael Tremberth, 26, of Carol Stream, was tackled and taken away in handcuffs after leading 11 security guards on a chase from right field to left-center. He deked one guard but was quickly controlled.

Tremberth was charged with criminal trespass, a misdemeanor, police said.

Seattle's Ichiro Suzuki was in right field when the fan ran by.

''It kind of scared me because he came from a place I couldn't see him,'' Suzuki said.

SSN721
09-04-2004, 09:45 AM
I was sitting in the 12th row in sect. 111 and it looked like the guy just jumped over the bullpen bar into the corner in right. There were about 12 security guys on the field in an instant after him and her ran to left center and after juking one security guard and making him slip, he then fell and was mobbed by security and dragged out. What an idiot. I hope he gets a little jail time for that stupid stunt.

TommyJohn
09-04-2004, 09:54 AM
Unfortunately, yes.
:moron

HELLHOLE!! HELLHOLE!!! HELLHOLE!!! What is wrong with you morons? Why do
all of you run out onto the field? What is it about the confines of the approp-
riately nicknamed "Cell"? As if this team didn't have enough problems with the
Ligue and Dybas incidents, the couple that got beat up, falling out of the
pennant race, Foghorn Leghorn picking fights with innocent little me, Magglio
going to my Cubbies, a poorly-conceived, ill-designed stadium in a less-than-
desirable neighborhood, throwing the World Series, my Cubbies winning the
World Series, and just plain existing in my Cubbies town, now comes THIS???
Another Public Relations Black Eye!! Will the madness ever stop? This is the
death knell of the franchise!! Contraction is just around the corner!! Will Uncle
Jerry seek a buyout from his buddy Bud Lite? He should, for the good of the
game!!! For the good of the city!! I'm so totally embarrassed and ashamed to
be a Chicagoan right now!! The entire nation is laughing at us!!

Look for all or most of these comments to be in Mariotti's column on the
subject. And you know he'll take time out from his Cubbies and the wildcard
chase to address it.

My own non-moron take is that anyone who does it now will simply be doing
it because it'll be a way to get on TV. What better way to get attention than
to run out onto the field at USCF? After all, we are all a bunch of thugs sitting
in the worst ballpark in the worst neighborhood in America, right? So anyone
who does it now will be news. Not to mention they'll earn for themselves a
permanent spot on the pages of chicagosports.com.

Brian26
09-04-2004, 10:01 AM
Here's what went down on tv...

(silence)

:hawk

"1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11. 11 security guards on the field, in a HURRY. You don't want to do that."

:DJ

"And you forgot to count the other two that have already returned to their super-secret locations. 13 guards. A BIG no-no."

daveeym
09-04-2004, 11:22 AM
Big ****ing whoop, no one should give a crap about this it happens at every stadium. Unfortunately because of the ligue and dybas incidents this now is news. This has happened at wrigley countless times and it's never reported because there were no "on-field" attacks.

On a side note, weren't the last two morons that jumped the off duty cop in the stands also from Carol Stream? Maybe they should check id's and not allow those from Carol Stream into the stadium.

duke of dorwood
09-04-2004, 11:52 AM
Unfortunatly, we have

who will interpret this as an act of terrorism

Rocklive99
09-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Geez it was on CNN? They should get worried when someone is hurt or attacked. Sure it's an issue, but like someone said above it happens everywhere, just watch one soccer game lol. But typical media, sure they don't care when the fans of another Chicago team throw things onto their own beloved field or throw beer onto an opposing player (which I hate to see).

hellenicsoxfan
09-04-2004, 12:26 PM
A guy ran on the field at the Super Bowl and no one made this much of a commotion about it. Of course, at that time, everyone was too worried about Janet Jackson's breast.

hsnterprize
09-04-2004, 12:34 PM
A guy ran on the field at the Super Bowl and no one made this much of a commotion about it. Of course, at that time, everyone was too worried about Janet Jackson's breast.That guy had a reputation for running on fields and causing trouble. And it's not like Reliant Stadium is known for fans running on the field and attacking referees.

I hope whoever that dillrod running on the field like that gets everything he deserves. Stuff like that really makes me sick, and it's a shame that had to put a spot on what was otherwise a good game. I and my family were there, and that was not something I'd dreamed about when it came to taking my sons to their very first White Sox game.

dpbyron
09-04-2004, 12:41 PM
I was watching the Red Sox game last night and the same thing happened in the ninth inning. The game was being broadcast on NESN and Sean McDonagh said the guy got "creamed" by security.

This stuff happens everywhere!

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-04-2004, 12:49 PM
last time this happened, a cubs fan ran out on our field right?

DumpJerry
09-04-2004, 03:32 PM
"I was just trying to get an interview with Ichiro"

DumpJerry
09-04-2004, 03:37 PM
So he came out of the BPB? I guess that is the end of 500 ticketholders being allowed in there..........

misty60481
09-04-2004, 06:53 PM
Whatever happened to Morganna???

WSox8404
09-04-2004, 11:37 PM
I was watching the Red Sox game last night and the same thing happened in the ninth inning. The game was being broadcast on NESN and Sean McDonagh said the guy got "creamed" by security.

Hey dpbyron, who is that chick in your sig? She is mighty fine.

Clembasbal
09-05-2004, 08:17 AM

Are they barred by MLB from showing that on TV because it gives people ideas?

Anyway, the guy ran on the field, juked a bunch of security guards (which I thought was funny), then bit it hard. Then got beat hard - maybe brutality, but nobody is going to say a thing.

Maybe five years ago I would have run on the field in a drunken stuper only to be dragged out by security, sent to a holding cell and gotten a court date if I was lucky. It is just too damn risky now, all the fun has been taken out of it.

steff
09-05-2004, 09:12 AM
So he came out of the BPB? I guess that is the end of 500 ticketholders being allowed in there..........

He came from the seats next to the patio, not the patio itself.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-05-2004, 09:27 AM
He came from the seats next to the patio, not the patio itself.
I was wondering about this. Isn't the entire Bullpen Bar area separated from playing field by the 8-foot outfield wall and the 10-foot moat? Meanwhile the right field foul line seats only have a short 3-foot fence between them and the playing field.

Entering the field from the BPB makes no sense at all.

nasox
09-05-2004, 10:56 AM
"I was just trying to get an interview with Ichiro"

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! *****!:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Wsoxmike59
09-05-2004, 11:05 AM
Whatever happened to Morganna???http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/pr/subs/siexclusive/07/09/flashback.morganna/

SI caught up with MTKB about a year ago. Here's the article that appeared in their magazine.

Baby Fisk
09-05-2004, 01:13 PM
Big ****ing whoop, no one should give a crap about this it happens at every stadium. Unfortunately because of the ligue and dybas incidents this now is news. This has happened at wrigley countless times and it's never reported because there were no "on-field" attacks.
There was a butt-nekkid streaker who somehow got over the CF wall onto the field at Skydome back in June (I was at the game). Toronto media buried it.

SaltyPretzel
09-05-2004, 01:32 PM
There was a butt-nekkid streaker who somehow got over the CF wall onto the field at Skydome back in June (I was at the game). Toronto media buried it.
A couple of years ago, a naked guy jumped on the ice at a Calgary Flames hockey game. When he hit the ice, he slipped and hit his head, knocking himself unconscious.

Baby Fisk
09-05-2004, 01:48 PM
A couple of years ago, a naked guy jumped on the ice at a Calgary Flames hockey game. When he hit the ice, he slipped and hit his head, knocking himself unconscious.I remember that one too. Fill a young Canuck with beer and watch him whip off his clothes lickedy split! :redface: