PDA

View Full Version : Bonds predicts homer...

Aidan
09-04-2004, 12:38 AM
"Bonds calls his shot for homer 697"
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20040903&content_id=846860&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp

fquaye149
09-04-2004, 10:34 AM
"Bonds calls his shot for homer 697"
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20040903&content_id=846860&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp
haha, bonds saying he has a feeling he'll hit a homer on any given day is akin to robbie saying he has a feeling he'll get a hit.

Aidan
09-04-2004, 12:39 PM
haha, bonds saying he has a feeling he'll hit a homer on any given day is akin to robbie saying he has a feeling he'll get a hit.If that was true, Bonds would be going out on a HUGE LIMB! :tongue:

balke
09-04-2004, 01:40 PM
I really wouldn't be surprised if he matched Ruth this season. IT would be great if he called it to the cove.

he'd have to hit 17 more, but he might have the playoffs to help his chances. IF he gets in the chase, I'll bet the teams that don't have a shot at the post season, start pitching to him.

My cousin is a huge BB fan, and mentioned he's called another HR in his career. He came on the field tied in the bottom of the ninth and said something to the effect "time to go home, I don't get paid for workin overtime."

THis would all be a lot more fun without balco :(:

voodoochile
09-04-2004, 01:47 PM
Haven't been paying much attention to what is going on this season beyond the Sox, but it is amazing he has done this well at all. With 191 walks already and a .607 OBP, it is bluntly obvious that he just isn't seeing anything to hit at all.

I assume he has already broken the all time single season walk record. Will that .600+ OBP also be a record?

balke
09-04-2004, 01:54 PM
Haven't been paying much attention to what is going on this season beyond the Sox, but it is amazing he has done this well at all. With 191 walks already and a .607 OBP, it is bluntly obvious that he just isn't seeing anything to hit at all.

I assume he has already broken the all time single season walk record. Will that .600+ OBP also be a record?
Yeah, he'll be breaking his own (of course) of .582 (2002). Ted williams was closest .551 (1941)

MRKARNO
09-04-2004, 04:54 PM
The OBP indeed would be a record as Balke has noted, but he has not yet broken the single season walks record of 198, the record he set in 2002. He will break that record this week.

bobj4400
09-04-2004, 04:55 PM

And he will also be breaking his own walks record. Probably get there in 3 more games. 198 is the magic number...he set that mark in 2002.

balke
09-04-2004, 05:18 PM
I can't believe there's a player so dangerous in this league, you feel sorry for him when he gets walked.

I hope for Bonds' sake, the pitchers become hesitant to being the guy who gave up #199 or #200. I'd like to see how well he can do at this point in his career, as if he were a normal baseball player that pitchers tried to strike out. It would be a great story if he got the Giants in the playoffs again. Without him, that team has a considerable amount less talent on the field than we do right now.

I gotta take back my Rolen for MVP vote. Barry can't play D so well anymore, and may sit out games here and there, but... it's just sick what he does with that bat.

Balco, creatine, LSD... whatever. That's crazy.

Johnny Mostil
09-04-2004, 05:22 PM
he'd have to hit 17 more, but he might have the playoffs to help his chances.
Picayune point in context of larger post, but I'm nearly certain postseason play doesn't count toward career totals (e.g., Ruth had 714 regular season home runs and an additional 15 postseason HRs).

balke
09-04-2004, 05:57 PM
Picayune point in context of larger post, but I'm nearly certain postseason play doesn't count toward career totals (e.g., Ruth had 714 regular season home runs and an additional 15 postseason HRs).
ooops. did not know that.

munchman33
09-06-2004, 10:38 AM
But if the Giants end up tied for the Wild Card, any playoffs to determine the Wild Card winner does count towards those totals though. If three teams end up tied, that could mean two extra games for Barry to tack on some dingers.

voodoochile
09-06-2004, 11:13 AM
But if the Giants end up tied for the Wild Card, any playoffs to determine the Wild Card winner does count towards those totals though. If three teams end up tied, that could mean two extra games for Barry to tack on some dingers.Don't kid yourself. That will merely tack onto his walk total. Unless I miss my guess, he would end up with 8-10 more...:?:

SOXSINCE'70
09-06-2004, 05:04 PM
There was a question on the scoreboard this weekend:

"Who would you pitch to with the game on the line,Bonds or Ichiro?".

Too bad "none of the above" was not an option.:D: :cool: