PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Sox beat a pitcher they never saw before postgame thread

Daver
09-03-2004, 10:01 PM
Waddya know?

chisoxt
09-03-2004, 10:03 PM
I dunno...Shingo is making me more and more nervous. Mayber Coop is right.

OurBitchinMinny
09-03-2004, 10:14 PM
If you just stay back on shingo he is very hittable. He did an admirable job this year and can still be an asset to get 1 or 2 guys out and maybe a spot save, but next year they better have someone else who can close.

balke
09-03-2004, 10:19 PM
If you just stay back on shingo he is very hittable. He did an admirable job this year and can still be an asset to get 1 or 2 guys out and maybe a spot save, but next year they better have someone else who can close.

I agree. Idealistically I would love to see a bullpen where the weakest link is Adkins. And the strongest link is acquired in the offseason. This team can't hold 3run leads with 2 innings left. I thought we were toast for sure going into the 8th, but I forgot we released Jackson, and Cliff is injured, heh.

I hope Marte regains his form next season.

MRKARNO
09-03-2004, 10:21 PM
Adkins looked the best I've seen him all year out there tonight. I hope he can build on that outing so that he isn't the pitcher with the 1.5 WHIP anymore

South Side
09-03-2004, 10:32 PM
Any people home from the game yet? What happened with the guy on the field? Where did he come from? They didn't show him at all on tv. What a moron... Why do people have to be so dumb and ignorant? If he's a Sox fan he should be ashamed, he's only hurting them.

Soxzilla
09-03-2004, 11:08 PM
Ok, drastic times call for drastic measures. It's time to get superstitious. And for like the past week, every game i have not been able to watch, the sox have won. And for every game I have watched....they have lost.

Hell, I haven't seen them win...since i dunno, a while ago.

So I'm not watching anymore....until we are completely out of it.

As much as it pains me, it must be done.:(:

DumpJerry
09-03-2004, 11:15 PM
Any people home from the game yet? What happened with the guy on the field? Where did he come from? They didn't show him at all on tv. What a moron... Why do people have to be so dumb and ignorant? If he's a Sox fan he should be ashamed, he's only hurting them.I was watching on tv, so I did not see how he jumped from the 500 level without getting hurt.

I was on the 500 level Weds night, tried to visit a friend who on 300, but there was too much of a risk I would run on the field, so I was barred from 300.

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-03-2004, 11:20 PM
Adkins looked the best I've seen him all year out there tonight. I hope he can build on that outing so that he isn't the pitcher with the 1.5 WHIP anymore
yea what the hell, adkins was awsome tonight

as for the game-- not bad! ill take it :cool:

WSox8404
09-03-2004, 11:24 PM
Judy had himself a night too....only one home run allowed today.

hose
09-03-2004, 11:26 PM
Not only did the Sox beat a pitcher they never seen before , but he was also left handed which it makes the win even that more surprising.

soxtalker
09-03-2004, 11:32 PM
Any people home from the game yet? What happened with the guy on the field? Where did he come from? They didn't show him at all on tv. What a moron... Why do people have to be so dumb and ignorant? If he's a Sox fan he should be ashamed, he's only hurting them.
It seemed like he burst onto the field from the stands in the right-field corner. He didn't appear to be heading toward anywhere or anyone in particular; I don't think that he came anywhere close to any of the players. He was well into right field before the security personnel started going after him. I don't mean that they were slow at reacting. In fact, they immediately swarmed out from the right-field and left-field sidelines. It was just so unexpected. The game was moving along, though not very intensely. The crowd was in a pretty good mood.

soxtalker
09-03-2004, 11:35 PM
Why was Valentin playing instead of Harris? I also didn't see the point of R. Alomar playing dh, though none of the youngsters that could have played come to mind.

soxtalker
09-03-2004, 11:38 PM
I dunno...Shingo is making me more and more nervous. Mayber Coop is right.
He seemed to be getting behind in the count a lot. That's when they were able to hit him. Someone pointed out in a previous thread this week that he has pitched more innings that is normal in Japan. I wonder if he's simply getting tired.

Nard
09-04-2004, 12:05 AM
As has been said, Shingo's fine.

He's just not hitting those fastballs that usually paint the corners for strikes.

When he gets behind in the count, he'll walk or serve up meatballs.

"If you just stay back on Shingo he is very hittable" sounds like "Just sit on Contreras's split finger early and it's over." :D:

JB98
09-04-2004, 12:07 AM
He seemed to be getting behind in the count a lot. That's when they were able to hit him. Someone pointed out in a previous thread this week that he has pitched more innings that is normal in Japan. I wonder if he's simply getting tired.
It's certainly possible. With our lack of bullpen depth, Ozzie has asked a lot of both Takatsu and Marte this season. I wouldn't be surprised if both are fighting fatigue.

With us out of the race, we have seen more of Adkins and Cotts lately. Surprisingly, both are pitching pretty well right now. I'm looking forward to seeing Bajenaru pitch as well.

OurBitchinMinny
09-04-2004, 12:27 AM
As has been said, Shingo's fine.

He's just not hitting those fastballs that usually paint the corners for strikes.

When he gets behind in the count, he'll walk or serve up meatballs.

"If you just stay back on Shingo he is very hittable" sounds like "Just sit on Contreras's split finger early and it's over." :D:
well since he has given up at least one run in pretty much all his latest outings I think the staying back idea is working just fine

Frankfan4life
09-04-2004, 12:34 AM
Not only did the Sox beat a pitcher they never seen before , but he was also left handed which it makes the win even that more surprising.Fortunately, we had some help from Miggy who made two huge mistakes in the second inning (and the balk didn't help him either).

misty60481
09-04-2004, 08:00 AM
I think they are trying to showcase Jose is why he is playing hoping he ll get into one of his home run runs, as far as seeing Harris I dont care if they never play him again he is the poorest excuse I have ever seen for a ballplayer

mcfish
09-04-2004, 09:08 AM
I was watching on tv, so I did not see how he jumped from the 500 level without getting hurt.

I was on the 500 level Weds night, tried to visit a friend who on 300, but there was too much of a risk I would run on the field, so I was barred from 300.Everyone without a Club Level ticket was refused entry to the 300 Level well before any restrictions came to the 100 level. Those seats cost $40 a game for a reason.

soxtalker
09-04-2004, 09:21 AM
I think they are trying to showcase Jose is why he is playing hoping he ll get into one of his home run runs, as far as seeing Harris I dont care if they never play him again he is the poorest excuse I have ever seen for a ballplayer I don't understand what good showcasing does any more. Aren't the post-season rosters fixed as of Sept. 1? So, any team acquiring Jose would have him only for the remaining games in the regular season unless someone on their play-off squad were to get injured.

As far as your comment on Willie Harris is concerned, many would disagree with you. Perhaps the management is tending to agree with you, though I don't recall any statements that would indicate that.

Soxzilla
09-04-2004, 01:59 PM
I don't understand what good showcasing does any more. Aren't the post-season rosters fixed as of Sept. 1? So, any team acquiring Jose would have him only for the remaining games in the regular season unless someone on their play-off squad were to get injured.

As far as your comment on Willie Harris is concerned, many would disagree with you. Perhaps the management is tending to agree with you, though I don't recall any statements that would indicate that.
If i remember right. You can only acquire a player off waivers until aug 31st or sept 1st.