PDA

View Full Version : Hawks losin' it....or it's already lost

OzzieBall2004
09-03-2004, 07:27 PM
I like hawk....I like his hawkism, I think he's forgotten more about the game than I'll ever know, I like the relationship he seems to have with the players/managers....

But what the hell is up lately? It seems like since the ASB, He cant tell if balls hit hard are going to the warning track, or leaving the yard. I remember few times earlier this year and in seasons past, where he got so excited only to have the ball land in the opposing outfielders glove (except for a few Torii ****er steals).

So is he going senile or what? Its becoming all to Harry Caray if you ask me....

ndgt10
09-03-2004, 07:50 PM
I like hawk.... I think he's forgotten more about the game than I'll ever know, .
After 10 minutes, I'm still trying to make sense of this line.

batmanZoSo
09-03-2004, 08:34 PM
After 10 minutes, I'm still trying to make sense of this line.
After 3 minutes, I'm debating whether this is a joke because "I've forgotten more than you know..." is a common expression.

:?:

kitekrazy
09-03-2004, 08:45 PM
It's probably difficult to be an announcer for this team. You have to BS more than a political convention.

Maybe he's afraid the players will pay attention to what going on in the booth instead of the field (Like some other team I know) and complain.

JoseCanseco6969
09-03-2004, 08:52 PM
I like hawk....I like his hawkism, I think he's forgotten more about the game than I'll ever know, I like the relationship he seems to have with the players/managers....

But what the hell is up lately? It seems like since the ASB, He cant tell if balls hit hard are going to the warning track, or leaving the yard. I remember few times earlier this year and in seasons past, where he got so excited only to have the ball land in the opposing outfielders glove (except for a few Torii ****er steals).

So is he going senile or what? Its becoming all to Harry Caray if you ask me....
lets STOP complaining about our announcers, are we the freakin crybaby Cubs???

OzzieBall2004
09-03-2004, 09:46 PM

Lets STOP interpreting things wrong.....Theres a clear difference between complaining about what your announcers say about your team (which is not what I complained about, nor do I think the Flubs should be whining) and throwing out the possibility that Hawk might be "losin' it". So relax.

BarbG
09-03-2004, 09:52 PM
I've noticed the same thing about the long fly ball calls, however I don't think Hawk is losing it.

Part wishful thinking perhaps, part because these games have been ssoooo boring he has to work up some excitement about something.

When he starts his "way back" calls on pop-ups behind home plate, I'll worry.

Soxzilla
09-03-2004, 11:14 PM
I've noticed the same thing about the long fly ball calls, however I don't think Hawk is losing it.

Part wishful thinking perhaps, part because these games have been ssoooo boring he has to work up some excitement about something.

When he starts his "way back" calls on pop-ups behind home plate, I'll worry.
Yeah, when he does those chip carray "scalded ball" calls, that are in reality dribblers to the pitcher, than we can proclaim hawks insanity.

Until then, I think he's just trying to give us something to be excited about. I bet noone is more upset about the sox losing this season than hawk, he bleeds this team.:(:

hose
09-03-2004, 11:22 PM
Hawk did have cataract surgery on both his eyes this week . He had one eye done on Tuesday morning and the other eye done earlier today.

May be the cataracts were effecting his depth perception.....hey does Crede have cataracts?:tongue:

Dan H
09-04-2004, 10:04 AM
A fan complaining about an announcer is not the same as a player looking for an alibi. As far as Hawk goes, he lost credibility with me a long time ago even though I feel for him in this case. Any loss of vision is no joke.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-04-2004, 11:20 AM
Don't forget Hawk flatly stated at SoxFest 2004 he was going to start "speaking up" and "telling it like it is." Apparently what Hawk meant was to start calling out the biggest of Chicago's media trolls (we all know who that is), and adopt a calling style even more homerish than his old persona. All that wishful thinking about long flyballs becoming home runs is just the most obvious manifestation of Hawk "telling it like it is."

Hawk knows damn well those are nothing but outs. He simply wants to make it more exciting for the lemmings who might be tuning in. There are quite a few of them out there, you know.

:chimp
"ROCKET SHOT! SCALDED TO DEEP LEFT FIELD! CAUGHT BY THE SECOND BASEMEN! WOW!!!"