PDA

View Full Version : Besides the Sox Offense, Our Mascot seems to be missing...

Hangar18
09-03-2004, 10:46 AM
Wasnt there some hoopla about us having a Mascot? He looked pretty
cool actually. But Like the Sox Payroll, and our Offense, He seems
to have disappeared. Did he go on the DL?

Jerko
09-03-2004, 10:47 AM
I saw him/it yesterday.

Hangar18
09-03-2004, 10:55 AM
I saw him/it yesterday.
Really? the 2 times ive been to the park since He was Introduced ......
Ive NEVER seen him. The people I was sitting near in the RF Bleachers
on Tuesday all were asking the same question ..........

SOXSINCE'70
09-03-2004, 11:03 AM
My nieces would love SouthPaw.Myself,I can do without
the Ribbie/Roobarb combo plate.:D: :D: :D:

Jerko
09-03-2004, 11:18 AM
He was in RF concourse yesterday taking a picture with 2 adults as a bunch of kids bypassed him to run thru the rain room.

Foulke You
09-03-2004, 11:24 AM
A friend of mine got free tix in a luxury box to the debacle a couple weeks ago against the Tigers where Garland got shelled and blamed his teammates for poor defense. Anyway, "Southpaw" was roaming the halls and randomly visiting the boxes to take pictures with some of the guests. I like the free food and drinks up in the boxes (and the nice bathroom) but the "fans" up there are terrible. Just businessmen and yuppies there to schmooze, drink, rub elbows, and the ballgame is just a backdrop to their outing. Kinda like a slice of Wrigley Field in our ballpark.

kittle42
09-03-2004, 11:26 AM
A friend of mine got free tix in a luxury box to the debacle a couple weeks ago against the Tigers where Garland got shelled and blamed his teammates for poor defense. Anyway, "Southpaw" was roaming the halls and randomly visiting the boxes to take pictures with some of the guests. I like the free food and drinks up in the boxes (and the nice bathroom) but the "fans" up there are terrible. Just businessmen and yuppies there to schmooze, drink, rub elbows, and the ballgame is just a backdrop to their outing. Kinda like a slice of Wrigley Field in our ballpark.
That's what every skybox everywhere is like.

pinwheels3530
09-03-2004, 11:32 AM

That's JR's type of crowd, people who spend big money on his busineess, don't be suprised if these are the type of fans:rolleyes: you will see behind homeplate in the new scout seats. :sellreinsy
"baseball is a passion I never got in it to make money"

npdempse
09-03-2004, 11:36 AM
I see Southpaw almost every time I go to the park. But maybe that's just from too many stops at Beers of the World...:?:

SomebodyToldMe
09-03-2004, 01:11 PM
I saw him before I entered the park on Tuesday.

I didn't know what to do.

I was nervous.

:redface:

thepaulbowski
09-03-2004, 01:34 PM
That's JR's type of crowd, people who spend big money on his busineess, don't be suprised if these are the type of fans:rolleyes: you will see behind homeplate in the new scout seats. :sellreinsy
"baseball is a passion I never got in it to make money"
Ah yes, knocking people who have money and enjoy watching the Sox play while in a plush environment. Real classy. I sure hate those people who sit in first class on the airplanes, too.

thepaulbowski
09-03-2004, 01:36 PM
I thought they said he would be at the ballpark some and spend most his time at events, charity functions, etc. I could be wrong though.

Hangar18
09-03-2004, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE=pinwheels3530]That's JR's type of crowd, people who spend big money on his busineessQUOTE]

:reinsy " I wouldnt have it any other way ...... baaa haaaahaaaaa"

SaltyPretzel
09-03-2004, 02:10 PM
Ah yes, knocking people who have money and enjoy watching the Sox play while in a plush environment. Real classy. I sure hate those people who sit in first class on the airplanes, too.
I don't have a problem with people with money watching from a skybox, but every time I'm up there it seems like I'm the only one paying attention to the game.

OurBitchinMinny
09-03-2004, 02:13 PM
Word is he got sick watching this team play baseball and may not make it. Word per bruce levine is the sox are not going to tender him an offer for next year. Slashing payroll. They might give him an incentive laden deal to play RF though. Might not see a 500 ft HR every month, but you will see a BA over .140

Hangar18
09-03-2004, 02:39 PM
Slashing payroll. They might give him an incentive laden deal to play RF though

:reinsy "Ok, you people are getting to me here. Im gonna offer Maggs a 2 year deal with incentives for $30 Million. Satisfied? sheesh, some people cant take a joke. Oh, the Deal is for $1 million in 2005 & $29 Million in 2006 "

petekat
09-03-2004, 02:49 PM
Hi fived him at yesterday;'s matinee. I think he was drawn out by $1 franks

pinwheels3530
09-03-2004, 04:06 PM

Nope just weeding out your average Sox fans who love their team!

steff
09-03-2004, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE=pinwheels3530]That's JR's type of crowd, people who spend big money on his busineessQUOTE]

:reinsy " I wouldnt have it any other way ...... baaa haaaahaaaaa"

You poor jealous thing...

joe250
09-03-2004, 04:29 PM
Hi fived him at yesterday;'s matinee. I think he was drawn out by $1 franksI saw him for the first time back on bobblehead day against Boston. I was walking down the concourse and he came running towards me with his hand down, as if to give me a low-five. I was so surprised to see him I didn't even think of putting my hand out, so he just ran by and ended up slapping me in the crotch area. :o: Don't let your guard down when he's around, guys. :D:

HomeFish
09-03-2004, 05:02 PM
I was on my way to the bathroom at Tuesday's game when, over the radio, Ed Farmer made it known to me that I could make my next event a big hit by hiring Southpaw for it.