PDA

View Full Version : Regime Change pt 1. SOX to get Equal Coverage Mornings ... Finally!

Hangar18
09-03-2004, 09:09 AM
Today is Mike Murphys last Cubby Morning Show (going to nites unfortuneately)
and its about time. This morning ......... from 6am to 8:15 right now.....
theyve Talked about Cub Advertising on the bricks, whats wrong w cub offense, todd walker (played his soundbyte 3 times already) and now
have George Offman "cubs" reporter on to talk more cub. Brutal and GOOD RIDDANCE

voodoochile
09-03-2004, 09:18 AM
I understand why someone might have been upset by the coverage in June and even early July, but why would anyone expect coverage to be equal presently?

The Sox are playing out the string with a bunch of kids getting PT to prepare for next year.

The flubbies are in the middle of a WC race.

Which team SHOULD get more coverage?

Hangar18
09-03-2004, 09:41 AM
I understand why someone might have been upset by the coverage in June and even early July, but why would anyone expect coverage to be equal presently?

The Sox are playing out the string with a bunch of kids getting PT to prepare for next year.

Which team SHOULD get more coverage?
This much is true. But as I look back in the annals of history, I remember a certain team from Chicagos South Side marching to the playoffs, and the other team up north Getting Dominant coverage in the mornings ....... What was wrong with them, why arent they better, baylor has to go, etc etc. Using that season as a yardstick, WE should be getting 90% of the coverage....... but arent. As of 8:45 am, the Score STILL HASNT MENTIONED the words WHITE SOX. its been all cub from the 6am hour til 8:30am at which time they went to Bears talk

hose
09-03-2004, 09:43 AM
The Sox have been given a free ride by the media this season.

I would just as soon not see the emphasis on the Sox and there ineptitude to compete.

soxnut
09-03-2004, 09:53 AM
The Sox have been given a free ride by the media this season.

I would just as soon not see the emphasis on the Sox and there ineptitude to compete.

Agreed, let's just fly under the radar the rest of the year.

Dick Allen
09-03-2004, 09:54 AM

Which team SHOULD get more coverage?Your point is well taken. However, that was not the case when the situation was reversed. That morning show has become a travesty, even with alleged Sox fan Fred Huebner.

SoxFan78
09-03-2004, 10:16 AM
Back when the Sox were in first place, and the Scrubs were in third, the coverage was the same from that cubbie loving Murph. His excuse? Sox fans never called, so he shouldnt talk about them. Reality? Sox fans couldn't get on because they were ALWAYS talking scrubs. Thank god Murph is gone after today. He's horrible. He was on some rant today saying that if they move the Marlins/Cubs game to Wrigley that should of been played in Miami, the Cubs should still be the home team. What a tool!

Murph, HE GAWN!!

Hangar18
09-03-2004, 10:26 AM
Back when the Sox were in first place, and the Scrubs were in third, the coverage was the same from that cubbie loving Murph. His excuse? Sox fans never called, so he shouldnt talk about them. Reality? Sox fans couldn't get on because they were ALWAYS talking scrubs. Thank god Murph is gone after today. He's horrible. He was on some rant today saying that if they move the Marlins/Cubs game to Wrigley that should of been played in Miami, the Cubs should still be the home team. What a tool!

Murph, HE GAWN!!
Amen ........... murphy ........... HE GAWN !!!!!!!
for the 5th Time this morning ........... he just played a Soundbite from Todd Walker. its 9:30am and they havnt mentioned the WHITE SOX ONCE!!!
its been all cub since 5:50am ..............

Hangar18
09-03-2004, 10:38 AM
Murph is currently using the last 45 minutes of the show, in a symbolic
F U to White Sox Fans in Chicago, to have a Gratuitious Love Fest, Pandering
to callers about how much hes enjoyed the mornings, and the good times blah blah. I shouldveknown Murph to be as Unprofessional as he is, to do what
hes doing now. They havnt once mentioned the WhiteSox

ode to veeck
09-03-2004, 10:48 AM
Hangar, you've got to have a cast iron stomach to sit through such broadcasts. I'd have flipped the switch in two minutes ...

duke of dorwood
09-03-2004, 11:26 AM
Murphy was the Last person I listened to on 670-and I bailed on that early this year. I am SCORE FREE-and had no after effects and dont ever miss it.

Getting rid of him in AM for a bigger jerk will not get me back.

Hangar18
09-03-2004, 11:49 AM
His final farewell to Mornings, He was defiant as ever, and
Not once....... talked about the Chicago White Sox. I listened painfully
from 5:50am til 10am. Todays show was a Special Uplifted Single Fingered Hand Gesture to SOX FANS everywhere ........ something to remember should you ever see him on the streets of our fair city ...........

SOXSINCE'70
09-03-2004, 11:59 AM
Hangar, you've got to have a cast iron stomach to sit through such broadcasts. I'd have flipped the switch in two minutes ...Thank God for Howard Stern,WDRV and WXRT ( except when sCrUBS puke artist Lin Bramer is on.I refuse to listen.).I am a mail courier who has a ton of time on my hands between deliveries and a van with an AM/FM radio with no CD player.
I cannot listen to the SNORE or 'MVP anymore.Other than Wills after that raritiy of rarities,A SOX WIN STREAK, sports radio has lost me.
Good Riddance to all sportsblab!!!

"Burns and Borestein,who the hell are they??"
Sox play by play joke Ken "Hawk" Harrelson a few weeks ago on a broadcast. I think it was the game the Sox beat the Tribe 4-3 at home on Ben Davis' double.

maurice
09-03-2004, 05:41 PM
If the 'Stros stay hot, the cubs will end the season out of the playoffs, in third place, and 20+ games out of 1st in a crappy division (one great team, two disappointing teams, and three really bad teams). In retrospect, the cub-gasm that was the 2004 media coverage will look pretty damn stupid. Already, the "inevitable cubbie WS" crap has backfired, creating a very angry fanbase that previously was quite content being lovable losers.

batmanZoSo
09-03-2004, 05:50 PM
Agreed, let's just fly under the radar the rest of the year.

That's horrible. I want the media to pound it into the ground how we've never won a world series in JR's regime and how we were favorites to win the division but didn't and all that. The media needs to display how the Sox org. has failed for the 4th straight year to just get a measly stinking division title. And watch JR get all mad like he's getting a raw deal. The douche bag. I want the city pissed off and demanding change like in New York. We're too damn laid back in Chicago. I'm sick of JR sitting in the shadows, getting nothing accomplished with this team, hurting its reputation with fans and never facing up to the media.

That's the only way you get change--demand it. Make the Sox look bad, tell it like it is..we DO suck. And I'm sick of it. Even the cubs are spending money now. We still aren't. Not only are they far more popular nationally, they're BETTER. This is not time to sit on your hands and do nothing. We can't get beat by the f----ing Twins while the cubs make the playoffs every year. We'll fade out of existence.

batmanZoSo
09-03-2004, 05:52 PM
from 5:50am til 10am. Todays show was a Special Uplifted Single Fingered Hand Gesture to SOX FANS everywhere ........ something to remember should you ever see him on the streets of our fair city ...........

I never listen in the evenings, so I'm glad I won't have to hear his annoying, congested, nasal-y voice every morning on the way to work.

LauraJ14
09-03-2004, 06:15 PM

Are you sure he didn't have George Offman on talking about Thursday's Sox game, I am pretty sure I heard that about 8am but maybe I was hearing things.

HaroMaster87
09-03-2004, 06:32 PM
oh yeah, the hotdog man will be soooooooo much better...

the only people i listen on there are b&b and hood. And now i cant listen to hood anymore cuz he's STUCK will buffoon.....

Mac, jurko and harry are great....IMHO

BigEdWalsh
09-03-2004, 06:46 PM
AMF! Now if only this loser and Mike North were GAWN for good. THAT would be sweet.

:supernana:

Soxfest
09-03-2004, 08:25 PM
Good riddance to Murph and Fred in Mornings they were horrid

OzzieBall2004
09-03-2004, 08:30 PM
While I understand some peoples displeasure to a certain extent, I'd translate White Sox media coverage from friggin' Arabic if it meant we could be in any kind of race right now.

DumpJerry
09-03-2004, 08:37 PM
That's horrible. I want the media to pound it into the ground how we've never won a world series in JR's regime and how we were favorites to win the division but didn't and all that. The media needs to display how the Sox org. has failed for the 4th straight year to just get a measly stinking division title. And watch JR get all mad like he's getting a raw deal. The douche bag. I want the city pissed off and demanding change like in New York. We're too damn laid back in Chicago. I'm sick of JR sitting in the shadows, getting nothing accomplished with this team, hurting its reputation with fans and never facing up to the media.

That's the only way you get change--demand it. Make the Sox look bad, tell it like it is..we DO suck. And I'm sick of it. Even the cubs are spending money now. We still aren't. Not only are they far more popular nationally, they're BETTER. This is not time to sit on your hands and do nothing. We can't get beat by the f----ing Twins while the cubs make the playoffs every year. We'll fade out of existence.Batman, I could not say it better. JR would not last 5 minutes in New York. The only way, other than death, we can be rid of that vermin JR is to shame him out of town. If the media took off after him, he would leave the heat of the kitchen.

But, alas, the Chicago sports media are a herd of sheep. This is not a White Sox thing, he also has shown his ineptitude with the Bulls. It make you wonder what is going on, why the sports media won't take the hard line on the jerks who run our town's teams into the ground (Wirtz is still worse than JR).

One owner who does not have to worry is the guy who owns the Flubs.....not a real person!

JR, make yourself accountable!!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :mad:

kitekrazy
09-03-2004, 09:56 PM
Was this why last night on the Score I heard Todd Walker defending the Cub nursery? (even Cubs fans are sick of their team whining)

Nellie_Fox
09-04-2004, 01:35 AM
The only way, other than death, we can be rid of that vermin JR is to shame him out of town. If the media took off after him, he would leave the heat of the kitchen.Yeah, sure. That's how he became a multi-multi millionaire, by worrying about what people think about him. Reinsdorf will sell when he feels like selling, not when the press or the fans want him to. You reference New York; do you think that Steinbrenner cares what the press thinks of him?

You guys have to get over expecting someone to come in and spend like Steinbrenner. It simply isn't going to happen, no matter who owns the team. This isn't New York, and these aren't the Yankees. They'll never have that kind of revenue, no matter what. Learn to live with it.

voodoochile
09-04-2004, 01:42 AM
Yeah, sure. That's how he became a multi-multi millionaire, by worrying about what people think about him. Reinsdorf will sell when he feels like selling, not when the press or the fans want him to. You reference New York; do you think that Steinbrenner cares what the press thinks of him?

You guys have to get over expecting someone to come in and spend like Steinbrenner. It simply isn't going to happen, no matter who owns the team. This isn't New York, and these aren't the Yankees. They'll never have that kind of revenue, no matter what. Learn to live with it.
Yeah, but there's no excuse for this team not to be able to afford an 85-100M payroll and still make a nice profit. There are 7M potential fans to draw from and that's before we count the tourists.

Shoddy management has cost this team plenty...

:selljerry

pinwheels3530
09-04-2004, 02:42 AM
Yeah, but there's no excuse for this team not to be able to afford an 85-100M payroll and still make a nice profit. There are 7M potential fans to draw from and that's before we count the tourists.

:cheers:

TornLabrum
09-04-2004, 08:43 AM

Voodoo, the problem is that Jerry's already driven away 6 million of them. (Okay, I know I'm exaggerating, but you get my point.)

DumpJerry
09-04-2004, 09:28 AM
Voodoo, the problem is that Jerry's already driven away 6 million of them. (Okay, I know I'm exaggerating, but you get my point.)That is not an exaggeration, Torn. JR's complete inability to market the team has driven away millions of fans over the years. Sure, we can blame Gallas, but who kept him employed all these years? Who did the things to turn off the general public (SportsChannel, sending Harry north, etc.)? It was not Gallas, it was JR. Who allowed the Flubs to develop the image of being Chicago's team without offering the Sox as a viable alternative or at least creating our own cache? JR.

Now, time for me to actually say something good about the jerk. The White Sox are number one in the country, yes the country!, in working with kids with disabilities get into baseball as participants, not just as spectators. But you would never know that. That is something the Sox management could use to shame the Flubs into showing their true self-centered side.

We have to keep in mind the fact that JR made his millions investing money for other people and then got lucky by selling his business at huge, huge profit to American Express which gave him the capital to buy the Sox and then Bulls. The type of business which gave JR his riches does not require tremendous mass marketing skills, just a nose for money. This person is not qualified to manage a professional sports team. Plain and simple.

Jerome
09-04-2004, 02:14 PM
I would make Murph my tool of the week.

HomeFish
09-04-2004, 02:33 PM
How do you know that the Sox would get "equal coverage" under his sucessor?