PDA

View Full Version : Schoew

gobears1987
09-02-2004, 05:37 PM
Do you think Scott Schoenweiss should be the 5th starter next year? I say yes. If we sign another pitcher and say bye bye to Judy, then we can get a healthy 5th starter. I remind you all that he was 4-1 with a 3.33 ERA (and too many good starts where he got no run support.) His ERA and record only got bad when he started having arm problems which if corrected by the surgery make me say that Schoenweiss will be a solid member of the starting rotation.

Evman5
09-02-2004, 06:12 PM
Schoe started to suck before he had the arm thing. He had a nice start but was just horrible after. Again I am not sure how much can be attributed to his arm.

gobears1987
09-02-2004, 06:18 PM
Schoe started to suck before he had the arm thing. He had a nice start but was just horrible after. Again I am not sure how much can be attributed to his arm.
He started sucking before the DL stint, but was having problems that weren't publicized before hand. I read that he had problems beginning in late May.

daveeym
09-02-2004, 06:20 PM
He started sucking before the DL stint, but was having problems that weren't publicized before hand. I read that he had problems beginning in late May. His attitude sucks though regardless of the problems.

santo=dorf
09-02-2004, 08:12 PM
Bad attitude + injuries= no chance.

Did you know the Yanks were interested in giving us Scott Proctor for Schoe in the Contreras deal? They didn't do it because they felt Scott would be unhappy in the pen. HIS EGO WAS TOO BIG FOR NY! :angry: At least Scott Proctor has a future.

MRKARNO
09-02-2004, 08:21 PM
He should not be in the rotation is Kenny Williams is serious about upgrading our pitching staff

SomebodyToldMe
09-02-2004, 10:38 PM
"I Say No to Shoe"

There should be campaign buttons and bumper stickers that say that.

OurBitchinMinny
09-02-2004, 11:51 PM
If he is healthy and the other options are the crap they have brought up from their dreadful farm system than yes. He was this teams best pitcher for 2 months and than his arm started to have trouble. But Id rather see them sign a top of the line guy, make contreas the 4 and judy the 5

SSN721
09-03-2004, 05:55 AM
If he stays with the team next year I would feel much better with him coming out of the pen as opposed to into the rotation. But with his attitude problem I dont know if I want him at all next year in any capacity.

starboy0
09-03-2004, 05:56 AM
I think he would be fine as a bullpen guy. Seems like his arm just isn't suited for all the innings a starter will throw. The same thing happened to him in Anaheim... tried him as a starter for a time but it didn't pan out.

SOXSINCE'70
09-03-2004, 07:16 AM
If "The Shoe" doesn't fit,don't wear it.Schoeneweis is a size 8 shoe trying to fit on an 11 1/2 EE width foot.In other words,THE SHOE DON'T FIT!!:angry: :angry:

PatK
09-03-2004, 10:25 AM
I say keep him and move him to the pen.

balke
09-03-2004, 11:08 AM
I have more faith in Schoe than Grili or Diaz.

Ozzie talks about pitching tough, yada yada. I don't think Schoe really had the right stuff to be a full time starter this season, but he "whines" to get that starter spot constantly, that's why he agreed to come here. I see his whining as someone with desire to do something. If this guy wants to be a starter he's going to give his all to get that spot, and keep it.

He was having trouble before the DL. One start before he went on the DL the first time. I think they rushed Shoe back off the dL because he was a better option than Diaz or Cotts at the time. Then you saw a completely different pitcher, with ZERO movement on his fastball, and rapidly declining velocity.

He pitched through that, until he finallly went on the DL. That's enough for me to give the guy another chance. Especially if he has a good outing coming back this season.

THAT BEING SAID: I now wouldn't mind too much if payroll insisted we start the season by getting one lights out starter, trading Garland, and keeping Schoe, with Grili and Cotts and Diaz as Backup plans (or just Grili and Cotts). Grili has already had a couple decent outings. You can tell he's giving his all out there. Cotts MIGHT be ready next season to make some starts a quarter way through the season or so. It sounds like bad news, like deja vu in the 5th spot, but Cotts and Grili are turning me into an optimist about some of these scrubs being able to contribute to the club.