PDA

View Full Version : who will give up #71?

cheeses_h_rice
10-05-2001, 11:46 AM
The Giants have 3 home games remaining against the Dodgers. The Dodgers are out of the playoff race, so they have no reason except spite not to pitch to him.

Today's starter is Chan Ho Park. Park's agent is Scott Boras, who also happens to be Bonds' agent. Hmmm.

Tomorrow is JB. We all know JB loves the long ball.

And Sunday is Terry Mulholland, a good guy but an ex-Cub. And we all know who McGwire belted #62 off of.

I'm going to predict that it's JB that gives up the gravy. Just a gut feeling.

PANFIRECRACKER
10-05-2001, 12:12 PM
It's gotta be JB!

FarWestChicago
10-05-2001, 12:17 PM
JB has enough guts to pitch to him. I vote for JB!!

GASHWOUND
10-05-2001, 12:19 PM
It's either gonna be Baldwin or Alan Embree. Although Embree pitches for the Sox, I don't think thats not gonna stop him.

But I hope Baldwin gets knocked around. After he was traded he slightly bad mouthed the Sox in an interview with the guys at Fox Saturday baseball. Bonds is gonna be salivating when he sees Baldwin.

Chisox353014
10-05-2001, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
It's either gonna be Baldwin or Alan Embree. Although Embree pitches for the Sox, I don't think thats not gonna stop him.

LMAO!

If I know JB at all it will be him and it will be in the 1st inning.

rmusacch
10-05-2001, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

But I hope Baldwin gets knocked around. After he was traded he slightly bad mouthed the Sox in an interview with the guys at Fox Saturday baseball. Bonds is gonna be salivating when he sees Baldwin.

Who doesn't bad mouth the Sox when they leave the organization? It seems to me that the Sox maybe deserve to be bad mouthed.

Spiff
10-05-2001, 02:32 PM
Mike Trombley (Springfield native) gives up #71 on saturday.

longshot7
10-05-2001, 06:26 PM
My money's on JB too. anyone still upset about that trade needs to have their head examined - let me assure you from a Dodger fan's perspective - JB has been terrible here. The Sox got the better deal.

Although I think the old-school Dodger brass (Lasorda, etc) might pay off the pitchers not to throw Bonds anything even close to the strike zone. Dodgers fans' hatred of the Giants is pretty strong.