PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox Nation comes to Wrigley June 10th, 2005

Fenway
09-02-2004, 09:37 AM
I don't even want to think what tickets for that series will fetch.

The Sox are scheduled to meet the Cardinals June 6-8, then go to Wrigley June 10-12 to play the Cubs in the first regular-season meeting of two of baseball's most storied franchises. The Cincinnati Reds (June 13-15) and Colorado Rockies (June 17-19) pay their first regular-season visits to Fenway Park.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2004/09/02/you_can_start_thinking_about_yankees_for_05/

thepaulbowski
09-02-2004, 10:10 AM

The Sox are scheduled to meet the Cardinals June 6-8, then go to Wrigley June 10-12 to play the Cubs in the first regular-season meeting of two of baseball's most storied franchises. The Cincinnati Reds (June 13-15) and Colorado Rockies (June 17-19) pay their first regular-season visits to Fenway Park.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2004/09/02/you_can_start_thinking_about_yankees_for_05/
You better start saving if you want tickets to any game in that series. :o:

That will be an over-hyped series, I'm sure.

Dick Allen
09-02-2004, 10:33 AM
"Storied franchises"? What, horror stories? Spare us.

Jerko
09-02-2004, 10:37 AM
:chunks

Baby Fisk
09-02-2004, 10:38 AM
:boston
"Like giddy children on Christmas eve, the whole world should look forward to what should be a World Series rematch."

Hangar18
09-02-2004, 10:49 AM

Anyone else SICK and TIRED of the "Two most Storied franchises" Tag ?
The bosox maybe I can see that, but then again, arent the White Sox pretty Storied too? I like how the Media keeps lumping both of them together...
and the RedSOx "fans" lap it up like chumps.

Hangar18
09-02-2004, 10:51 AM
Wouldnt it be AWESOME if that whole series Got RAINED OUT!
oh how the world would weeep .............

SaltyPretzel
09-02-2004, 10:53 AM
Wouldnt it be AWESOME if that whole series Got RAINED OUT!
oh how the world would weeep .............
God wouldn't allow that to happen.

Frater Perdurabo
09-02-2004, 11:55 AM
Rest assured Premium Tickets will have record profits from screwing their own fans and scalping their own tickets next year; probably enough to pay dividends to all Tribune's their shareholders.

pinwheels3530
09-02-2004, 11:58 AM
"This is the first time the Red Sox will come to the great city of Chicago" says the voice of the city Jay Mariotti his words are gospel!!

Fenway
09-02-2004, 12:04 PM
Keep in mind a couple of things

The Bosox last Series win was against the Cubs

We have not even played them in Spring Training since 1965 when Boston trained in Arizona.

Anyone else SICK and TIRED of the "Two most Storied franchises" Tag ?
The bosox maybe I can see that, but then again, arent the White Sox pretty Storied too? I like how the Media keeps lumping both of them together...
and the RedSOx "fans" lap it up like chumps.

pinwheels3530
09-02-2004, 12:20 PM

We have not even played them in Spring Training since 1965 when Boston trained in Arizona.

ssssooooooooo!!!:rolleyes:

SaltyPretzel
09-02-2004, 12:28 PM
This will be their first visit to the "Shrine". When the Cubs lost to the Red Sox in the 1918 World Series, the Cubs played their home games at Old Comiskey.

Hangar18
09-02-2004, 12:31 PM

Let me ask you Fenway, and you in turn can go to your people.
Do RedSox Fans view this series as "historic" and "storied"? Will this Series
be something you guys will talk about for years? Will this Series make you guys consider the Pro's and Cons of Deep Dish Pizza vs Clam Chowder?

bigfoot
09-02-2004, 12:34 PM
1st time, rainouts, storied teams......BAH!

What happens when the BoSox show up at the Urinal in June '05 and there's a sign outside:

CLOSED FOR REPAIRS

SoxFan78
09-02-2004, 12:53 PM
Im gonna stay away that whole time, its gonna be a great big love fest.

"Cubs are the Midwest Red Sox, Red Sox are the east coast Cubs"

They will probably just play to a 2-2 tie and end it there, not to hurt each other's feelings.

Maybe even RedEye will have a special section like last year when the Yankees come to town. But instead this time it will be Boston Vs. Chicago, a tale of two cities because the Red Sox have NEVER visited Chicago before!!!

silhouette
09-02-2004, 01:01 PM
"This is the first time the Red Sox will come to the great city of Chicago" says the voice of the city Jay Mariotti his words are gospel!!
Mariotti never stops to amaze me of his stupidity.

LuvSox
09-02-2004, 01:14 PM

The NL Cubs vs the AL Cubs

Johnny Mostil
09-02-2004, 02:09 PM
I'm surprised nobody has posted this guy yet:

:whocares

(Not me.)

kittle42
09-02-2004, 02:40 PM
Unless Red Sox Nation is coming to Wrigley in October 2004, :(: , I don't care, either.

Fenway
09-02-2004, 03:01 PM
Everybody on our board is talking "ROAD TRIP"

It certainly will be a major highlite for 2005

Of course it is possible we will play before then which means it will be mute as the world will end.

BOSTON October 31st, 2004

It was Halloween Night at the Fens as the Cubs and Red Sox played Game 7 of the 2004 World Series.

Nomar Garciaparra put the Cubs in the lead 6-5 with a Grand Slam homer over the Green Monster, but with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th threw wide of first on a grounder by Mark Bellhorn bringing Manny Ramirez to the plate.

Suddenly the lights went out, trumpets blared and the Angel Gabriel sceamed "Holy Cow"

Let me ask you Fenway, and you in turn can go to your people.
Do RedSox Fans view this series as "historic" and "storied"? Will this Series
be something you guys will talk about for years? Will this Series make you guys consider the Pro's and Cons of Deep Dish Pizza vs Clam Chowder?

CubKilla
09-02-2004, 03:03 PM
The Sox are scheduled to meet the Cardinals June 6-8, then go to Wrigley June 10-12 to play the Cubs in the first regular-season meeting of two of baseball's most storied franchises.
Storied what? Losers? Chokers? Consistenly owned by each teams greatest league rival?

Puhlease..... :rolleyes:

CubKilla
09-02-2004, 03:07 PM
I thought BoSox fans were smarter than that. Guess not.

Tell any and all of the lemmings over at RSN to put off prospective purchases of homes and cars. Tribune Scalping..... I mean..... Chicago Cubs Premium Ticketing Service will most likely charge dollar figures in the thousands for a match-up of two such storied franchises.

santo=dorf
09-02-2004, 03:08 PM

It was Halloween Night at the Fens as the Cubs and Red Sox played Game 7 of the 2004 World Series.

Nomar Garciaparra put the Cubs in the lead 6-5 with a Grand Slam homer over the Green Monster, but with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th threw wide of first on a grounder by Mark Bellhorn bringing Manny Ramirez to the plate.

Suddenly the lights went out, trumpets blared and the Angel Gabriel sceamed "Holy Cow"

Why are the Red Sox playing NL Central teams but have a series with the Rockies? I want to play Colorado!

Kogs35
09-02-2004, 03:10 PM

Why are the Red Sox playing NL Central teams but have a series with the Rockies? I want to play Colorado!
WE ARE PLAYING COLORADO IN DENVER

Kogs35
09-02-2004, 03:15 PM
any 1 know of any of the white sox dates and desides the rockies and scrubbies who else r we playing in interleague?

Fenway
09-02-2004, 03:26 PM
Another factor is compared to the rest of the US, we see very few Cub games as WGN is not carried in New England....we get stuck with WPIX, the Trib station in NY

A weekend series in June I can deal with. I don't want to play them in the Series as the hype would be off the charts....

I thought BoSox fans were smarter than that. Guess not.

Tell any and all of the lemmings over at RSN to put off prospective purchases of homes and cars. Tribune Scalping..... I mean..... Chicago Cubs Premium Ticketing Service will most likely charge dollar figures in the thousands for a match-up of two such storied franchises.

SomebodyToldMe
09-02-2004, 03:41 PM
It has to be said again, This is historical because the Bosox have NEVER been to Chicago before!!!!

Can't you people see that?!

Fenway
09-02-2004, 03:57 PM
It has to be said again, This is historical because the Bosox have NEVER been to Chicago before!!!!

Can't you people see that?!
Yes we were

When we played the Cubs in 1918 :D:

pinwheels3530
09-02-2004, 04:49 PM
Yes we were

When we played the Cubs in 1918 :D:

Aaron Booooonnnneeee!!!:D:

SomebodyToldMe
09-02-2004, 05:04 PM
Aaron Booooonnnneeee!!!:D:
LET'S GO YANKEES!

clap clap clapclapclap

Fenway
09-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Fine I ll sing Tessie

http://www.royalrooters.com

Chisox353014
09-02-2004, 06:24 PM

I know what it will fetch: the two lamest, most annoying groups of fans in the history of sports.

DumpJerry
09-02-2004, 06:27 PM
I love it. The game will be at Comiskey because The Urinal will be tied up in housing court for 1,236,324 code violations. Sooooooo, the cachet of seeing the Red Sox play the Flubs at the Urinal will be gone. Then, I ask, what will be so special about these games from all the others during the season? Not much. Unless Babe Ruth makes an appearance.

Would be nice if the Flubs play us right before or right after the BoSox series, then they can lose SIX IN ROW TO THE SOX!:supernana: That is a headline I would pay good money to see!

BTW, the Fenway crowd can forget an October matchup this year, the sCrUBS won't be in the post season. It will be a red-on-red WS (Cards-Red Sox).

TommyJohn
09-02-2004, 08:04 PM
Of course it is possible we will play before then which means it will be mute as the world will end.

Suddenly the lights went out, trumpets blared and the Angel Gabriel sceamed "Holy Cow"You've come to the wrong people to spread that ooey-gooey crap. It is so
INSANELY STUPID!!! Will you please
spare us already????

:angry: :angry: :angry:

santo=dorf
09-02-2004, 09:05 PM
I know what it will fetch: the two lamest, most annoying groups of fans in the history of sports.
:cheers:
AND THAT'S THE TRUTH!!!!

:drunken: :hug:
^^^^^^^^^
Cubs and Red Sox fans at Wrigley in 2005.

Hangar18
09-03-2004, 01:04 PM

It certainly will be a major highlite for 2005

Fenway, you seem like a pretty knowledgable guy, and I remember you being here for a while. Why are the rest of you behaving like Jackasses? A Road Trip to chicago? Does anyone on your board realize the Red Sox were just here 2 weekends ago? The Pizza tastes better on the southside. What board is this that your talking about, Im gonna have to step over there and try to be the Voice of Reason.

You guys are simply going to pay inflated prices to go to a park that only recently, became a self-professed "shrine" by its owners, the Tribune Corporation. I live here, believe me, its all hype. Its far more dangerous in that neighborhood (already a few murders this season before/after cub gms)
"You should see what I see"