PDA

View Full Version : Reinsdorf's Position

MikeKreevich
10-05-2001, 05:58 AM
I know some of the WSI regulars read everything there is to read about the White Sox. Can anyone recall seeing a story about Jerry Reinsdorf given some position involved with minority hiring for Major League Baseball. I know I read it somewhere.

Daver
10-05-2001, 05:19 PM
He was involved in a a committe that was looking into a possible bias in minority hiring,but not given any position per se.

LongDistanceFan
10-05-2001, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by daver
He was involved in a a committe that was looking into a possible bias in minority hiring,but not given any position per se. davers, i may be wrong, on this, but wasn't the sox also guilty of the least minorities hired into high position........ i remember reading that sometime ago.......... does anybody remember that?

Daver
10-05-2001, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
davers, i may be wrong, on this, but wasn't the sox also guilty of the least minorities hired into high position........ i remember reading that sometime ago.......... does anybody remember that?

I don't recall that,the Sox have,in my time,been fairly even in their hiring policy.At least during the Reinsdorf regime.

LongDistanceFan
10-05-2001, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by daver

I don't recall that,the Sox have,in my time,been fairly even in their hiring policy.At least during the Reinsdorf regime. ok.... i must be wrong, i thought it was in the late 80's when that article came out.