PDA

View Full Version : Premium Box Seats

Sad
09-01-2004, 12:34 PM
checked to see ticket availability just out of curiosity and found tix available in Sec 132 Row 13 for a couple of the upcoming Seattle games...

somebody have enough & return their season tix?
or are these seats the SOX held for player''s families?

don't think I've ever seen these available for single games...

Tekijawa
09-01-2004, 12:44 PM
Wait until next year when the entire "scout seating" area is unsold because the team didn't know that people wouldn't pay $200 a ticket to watch a team that is this bad... If you're going to have "premium seating" you better put a slightly better than BAD product out on the field.

CHISOXFAN13
09-01-2004, 01:15 PM
Wait until next year when the entire "scout seating" area is unsold because the team didn't know that people wouldn't pay $200 a ticket to watch a team that is this bad... If you're going to have "premium seating" you better put a slightly better than BAD product out on the field.

Maybe we should wait until NEXT YEAR before we deem the new section unsold because of how bad this team is.

kittle42
09-01-2004, 01:34 PM
Maybe we should wait until NEXT YEAR before we deem the new section unsold because of how bad this team is.
Nah. I like to bet sure things.

Tekijawa
09-01-2004, 01:41 PM
Maybe we should wait until NEXT YEAR before we deem the new section unsold because of how bad this team is.People told me to wait until July this year to make up my mind on this team... And just when they looked like they had proved me wrong they Tanked for the 3rd strait year... I'm sick of giving this team the benefit of the doubt! What out of the Core guys comming back makes you think that we'll be able to beat the Twins and Indians... We couldn't do it this year! And then you throw in the fact that the Tigers Pitching Staff will have one GOOD year under their belt, what do I honestly have to look forward to next year? Some Middle of the order aging pitcher touted as the guy to get us over the hump? How many Todd Ritchie, Tubby Colon, and David Wells do I have to sit through? I don't think we've had a lead off hitter on this team since LANCE JOHNSON!!! I see no Prospects that are ready on the Horizon, and for Some reason I don't see Jerry going on a spending spree after 24 years of ownership! We cant COMPETE in the WEAKEST DIVISION IN BASEBALL, I have a better chance of Coaxing J-Lo and Heather Gram into bed at the same time than I do at actually seeing this team Win a world Series, and I know this at the age of 27... Sure we will be getting rid of about 15+ million in pay roll for this off season, but even if it's 20 Million what Kind of Quality player are we going to find for 2 starter spots at least 3 Bull pen Spots, a Corner OF, 2nd base, Shortstop... God Knows what else we'll need by next year. If they want me or any one else to pay $200 for 3 hours of "fun" they better put something out on that field that is better than a Stripper, a keg of beer, 2 Portillo's Italian Beefs, My TV and Air Conditioning and the option to turn off the game after some Wack Bag from North Carolina gives up 5 runs in the first two innings and the bats go silent because 5 Runs in 7 innings is impossible. Because I'd Much rather throw away $200 dollars on that, than being caught on televison rooting for Jason Grili to throw the perfect pitch on a 3-2 count after walking the bases loaded to get a Crede to Harris to Gload Inning ending triple play.

thepaulbowski
09-01-2004, 01:44 PM
People told me to wait until July this year to make up my mind on this team... And just when they looked like they had proved me wrong they Tanked for the 3rd strait year... I'm sick of giving this team the benefit of the doubt! What out of the Core guys comming back makes you think that we'll be able to beat the Twins and Indians... We couldn't do it this year! And then you throw in the fact that the Tigers Pitching Staff will have one GOOD year under their belt, what do I honestly have to look forward to next year? Some Middle of the order aging pitcher touted as the guy to get us over the hump? How many Todd Ritchie, Tubby Colon, and David Wells do I have to sit through? I don't think we've had a lead off hitter on this team since LANCE JOHNSON!!! I see no Prospects that are ready on the Horizon, and for Some reason I don't see Jerry going on a spending spree after 24 years of ownership! We cant COMPETE in the WEAKEST DIVISION IN BASEBALL, I have a better chance of Coaxing J-Lo and Heather Gram into bed at the same time than I do at actually seeing this team Win a world Series, and I know this at the age of 27... Sure we will be getting rid of about 15+ million in pay roll for this off season, but even if it's 20 Million what Kind of Quality player are we going to find for 2 starter spots at least 3 Bull pen Spots, a Corner OF, 2nd base, Shortstop... God Knows what else we'll need by next year. If they want me or any one else to pay $200 for 3 hours of "fun" they better put something out on that field that is better than a Stripper, a keg of beer, 2 Portillo's Italian Beefs, My TV and Air Conditioning and the option to turn off the game after some Wack Bag from North Carolina gives up 5 runs in the first two innings and the bats go silent because 5 Runs in 7 innings is impossible.
:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

Brian26
09-01-2004, 01:48 PM

Corporations will gobble those seats up in a jiffy and then write-them off. Don't worry- those seats will be filled.

Sad
09-01-2004, 01:51 PM
errrrrrrrr :?: I was just mentioning the seat availability and how I thought it was... odd...

I know the Cubs occasionally release good seats the day or night before many games but don't remember the SOX ever letting these go (unless you're already inside the joint and drop more $$$ for an upgrade at Guest Services or whatever...)

I am also unhappy w/ our slide that began by losing all games the last week of July...

:gulp:
Schlitz on the house for the next 1/2 hour!

CHISOXFAN13
Corporations will gobble those seats up in a jiffy and then write-them off. Don't worry- those seats will be filled.

Exactly. It's similar to the Bulls selling all of their high-priced seats to suits.

thepaulbowski
You sound like Kramer.

Jerry: "You don't even know what a write off is, do you?"

Kramer: "No, but they do and they are the ones writing it off." :cool:

Tekijawa
09-01-2004, 01:54 PM
[QUOTE=Sad]errrrrrrrr :?: I was just mentioning the seat availability and how I thought it was... odd...
[QUOTE]

Sorry about ranting, I guess my point is get used to it... By the end of the season you'll be able to get 132 Row AA for Half price with your Granton Marketing Coupons. That way you can see Felix Diaz throw balls a little closer and you be able to see exactly how many feet the throw from Uribe is over Konerko/Gloads head.

Brian26
09-01-2004, 02:06 PM
Exactly. It's similar to the Bulls selling all of their high-priced seats to suits.

What did Steve & Garry used to call it? The white-man sweater club?

row18
09-01-2004, 07:32 PM
People told me to wait until July this year to make up my mind on this team... And just when they looked like they had proved me wrong they Tanked for the 3rd strait year... I'm sick of giving this team the benefit of the doubt! What out of the Core guys comming back makes you think that we'll be able to beat the Twins and Indians... We couldn't do it this year! And then you throw in the fact that the Tigers Pitching Staff will have one GOOD year under their belt, what do I honestly have to look forward to next year? Some Middle of the order aging pitcher touted as the guy to get us over the hump? How many Todd Ritchie, Tubby Colon, and David Wells do I have to sit through? I don't think we've had a lead off hitter on this team since LANCE JOHNSON!!! I see no Prospects that are ready on the Horizon, and for Some reason I don't see Jerry going on a spending spree after 24 years of ownership! We cant COMPETE in the WEAKEST DIVISION IN BASEBALL, I have a better chance of Coaxing J-Lo and Heather Gram into bed at the same time than I do at actually seeing this team Win a world Series, and I know this at the age of 27... Sure we will be getting rid of about 15+ million in pay roll for this off season, but even if it's 20 Million what Kind of Quality player are we going to find for 2 starter spots at least 3 Bull pen Spots, a Corner OF, 2nd base, Shortstop... God Knows what else we'll need by next year. If they want me or any one else to pay $200 for 3 hours of "fun" they better put something out on that field that is better than a Stripper, a keg of beer, 2 Portillo's Italian Beefs, My TV and Air Conditioning and the option to turn off the game after some Wack Bag from North Carolina gives up 5 runs in the first two innings and the bats go silent because 5 Runs in 7 innings is impossible. Because I'd Much rather throw away $200 dollars on that, than being caught on televison rooting for Jason Grili to throw the perfect pitch on a 3-2 count after walking the bases loaded to get a Crede to Harris to Gload Inning ending triple play.
Right on brother!