PDA

View Full Version : Who would have spun Samme's helmet the hardest?

PaleHoseGeorge
10-04-2001, 11:05 PM
This is for all you geezers who are old enough to remember these guys.

FarWestChicago
10-04-2001, 11:19 PM
I voted for Bob Gibson. But, I bet Sal "The Barber" Maglie would have given Sham-ME the best "shave". :)

LongDistanceFan
10-05-2001, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I voted for Bob Gibson. But, I bet Sal "The Barber" Maglie would have given Sham-ME the best "shave". :) my favorite old timer is sandy koufax (sp), but i was trying to remember if he drilled anybody, i know he pitched inside and was not afraid of it. my vote was bob gibson with a close thought to whitey ford.

Nellie_Fox
10-05-2001, 10:47 AM
It was a tough vote. I went for Gibson, because he was as mean as they come on the mound. Don't underestimate Ol' Gus (Early Wynn) though. He seemed like such an easy going guy, but once he was asked in an interview if it was true that he would throw at his own mother. He replied: "Well, mom's a pretty good hitter."

FarWestChicago
10-05-2001, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
It was a tough vote. I went for Gibson, because he was as mean as they come on the mound. Don't underestimate Ol' Gus (Early Wynn) though. He seemed like such an easy going guy, but once he was asked in an interview if it was true that he would throw at his own mother. He replied: "Well, mom's a pretty good hitter." What a classic line! :)

Joel Perez
10-05-2001, 12:55 PM
Nolan Ryan.

Hands down in my generation, after what he did to Robin Ventura, does not put up with any crap.

Throw in a couple of votes for Randy Johnson as well.

LongDistanceFan
10-05-2001, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Joel Perez
Nolan Ryan.

Hands down in my generation, after what he did to Robin Ventura, does not put up with any crap.

Throw in a couple of votes for Randy Johnson as well. i may be wrong, but i have never heard of randy johnson going head hunting.... or he doesn't have a rep for it.........