PDA

View Full Version : Who will win AL East?

nccwsfan
09-01-2004, 08:49 AM
This has the makings of one of the all-time favorite collapses, but will it actually happen?

bigfoot
09-01-2004, 09:09 AM
Oh great, death was not offered as an option. Will it matter which of these two media darlings wins? The ONLY saving grace in this whole mess would be if one has to win the division, the other doesn't win the wild card. Otherwise, there will be another 3 weeks of hand-wringing, tooth-gnashing utter boredom as the talking heads ponder the fate of the world as seen through the myopic eye of the cyclops NYY/RSox fandom. The tedium will make one wish for death in a quick and painless variety rather than the Gammons/Berman spittle torture.

PINWHEELS
09-01-2004, 09:47 AM
This has the makings of one of the all-time favorite collapses, but will it actually happen?No! The Red Sox and Yankees Play Each Other 6 More Times. I predict the Yankees Will Sweep the Red Sox at home, and take 2 out of 3 at Fenway.

SOXSINCE'70
09-01-2004, 01:05 PM
If the Yankmees don't get relaible starts from someone who does not go by the nickname of "El Duque",heads will roll.A 10 1/2 game lead is now down to 3 1/2.And the Yanks play the Sawx 6 times this month.A lot will depend on Lowe and Wakefield.It's beginning to sound like part one of a "Batman" episode.

Will the Yankmees figure out Esteban Loaiza was a one year wonder?

Will the Sawx be able to ride Schilling,Pedro,Manny,et al to the
7th game of the ALCS yet again??

Will "King George" explode if the Yanks miss the playoffs??

Tune in later,

Same Yankmee time,
Same Yankmee channel.:D: :D:

CHISOXFAN13
09-01-2004, 01:10 PM
No! The Red Sox and Yankees Play Each Other 6 More Times. I predict the Yankees Will Sweep the Red Sox at home, and take 2 out of 3 at Fenway.

Who the hell is going to pitch New York to five wins in those six contests?

balke
09-01-2004, 02:41 PM
I predict the yanks are down at seasons end, 3 games to go, one game out of first

The white sox meanwhile, have climbed back into the Central race, taking 6 of 6 from minnesota, and injuring Torii Hunter in a brawl

With 3 games to go, the sox must sweep the royals, and the Twins must be swept in order to knock minnesota out of the playoffs.

The Twinks sweeep the yanks. Red Sox move up. Cubs sneak in past S.F. Yanks snatch Wild Card. Rowand has career ending injury.

Frankfan4life
09-01-2004, 03:42 PM
Will the Yankmees figure out Esteban Loaiza was a one year wonder?Yes, they already have.

Will the Sawx be able to ride Schilling,Pedro,Manny,et al to the
7th game of the ALCS yet again??It's Possible.
Will "King George" explode if the Yanks miss the playoffs??I sure hope so.