PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 8-31 Postgame Thread

whitesoxwilkes
08-31-2004, 09:40 PM
Have at it...

Dub25
08-31-2004, 09:44 PM
Have at it...
I don't know what to say. I've seen this episode before. I guess at least Rowand had 2 more hits.

DumpJerry
08-31-2004, 09:45 PM
At least we aren't the Yankees.

JGarlandrules20
08-31-2004, 09:46 PM
Neal Cotts pitched very well.

santo=dorf
08-31-2004, 09:47 PM
Are the Felix Diaz supporters going to act like the Jon Garland supporters and complain about the run support?

Unregistered
08-31-2004, 09:48 PM
*yawn*...

A. Cavatica
08-31-2004, 09:49 PM
Cleveland 22, Yankees 0...looks like Loaiza may be available on the free agent market this winter...and I know a third place team that would be lucky to have him.

Iguana775
08-31-2004, 09:55 PM
Cleveland 22, Yankees 0...looks like Loaiza may be available on the free agent market this winter...and I know a third place team that would be lucky to have him.
OMFG!!! i had to double check that score. i cant believe the Injun spanked them like that. how embarrasing...

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-31-2004, 09:56 PM
sssiiiiiggggghhhhh:(:

Soxzilla
08-31-2004, 09:58 PM
At least I only had to watch a couple innings.And the rangers tied it up against the twins!:bandance:

Lip Man 1
08-31-2004, 10:17 PM
The Sox are now 4-13 in games begun by the dreaded '5th starter.'

Words fail to adequately describe the ineptitude of our minor league system.

Lip

soxtalker
08-31-2004, 11:08 PM

Lip
It is also very troubling that these pitchers actually did quite well at AAA. Bad league?

SomebodyToldMe
08-31-2004, 11:20 PM
I can't believe I went to this game.

4 game losing streak for me now.

DrCrawdad
08-31-2004, 11:20 PM

Lip

Following this evenings "performance", the Cubune had this to say:

The Sox have seen four-fifths of the Charlotte rotation and no starter has shown he can win at the major-league level.

The only pitcher who hasn't been called up is Tetsu Yofu, who's not on the 40-man roster—yet.

This season also has been an indictment of the Sox's minor-league system. The only call-up who has produced has been catcher Jamie Burke, and at 32, he isn't exactly a prospect.

"This year we didn't have any help from [the minor leagues]," Guillen said. "The only guy who impressed me is [Jason] Grilli, he had the best stuff."

Grilli may have the best stuff, but his outing last Friday in Cleveland wasn't all that different from Diaz's Tuesday.

faneidde
08-31-2004, 11:42 PM
The Sox had their fifth starter going aginst a team from the west coast, couldn't really have expected much. Oh well, at least Rowand continues to play well. Even though most of his production has come since the season has been unofficially over, I still think he might be the MVP.

Brian26
09-01-2004, 12:00 AM
Diaz didn't look bad after he got out of those first two terrible innings.

Just an awful game though. My record on the season now 2-8 with 2 rainouts.

soxlover
09-01-2004, 01:08 AM
I skipped the game for the Republican Convention. It was much better:smile:

StillMissOzzie
09-01-2004, 01:30 AM
* sigh * And yet another winning streak ends at one.

SMO
:gulp:
Here's to 2005 - And if you thought LAST year's SoxFest was interesting...

mdep524
09-01-2004, 01:30 AM
...and my losing streak continues as well, now at 8 games and counting.

SomebodyToldMe
09-01-2004, 01:32 AM
Diaz didn't look bad after he got out of those first two terrible innings.

Just an awful game though. My record on the season now 2-8 with 2 rainouts.
That's what I was telling my friends. After he gave up those 6 runs, he shut them down.

Of course, do we really care?

Sad
09-01-2004, 08:42 AM
seems like the last few games the first/2nd/3rd innings are brutal... and I'm sick of seeing Charlotte in Chicago :angry:

ah well... if ya got a 5-spot burning a hole in yer wallet we do have Steak Pita's :D:

Baby Fisk
09-01-2004, 08:51 AM
It was over after the first batter. When Aaron slammed the wall, a sense of impending doom immediately settled in. :angry:

On the upside, the Yankees suffered their biggest shellacking in team history, Prior got shelled in Montreal, Beckett threw a CG SO for the Fish, and the Giants and Stros also won. :gulp:

Seriously tho, this 5th starter BS has got to stop next year. :angry:

Dick Allen
09-01-2004, 09:15 AM
Looking at some of your records at the games this year, you should all stop going. Either way, though, Reinsdorf will blame you.

SSN721
09-01-2004, 09:40 AM
I was determined to watch this game, but just couldnt, I think I ended up watching more of the Spos and the Republican convention. just cat stand this anymore. I thought last ngiht and tonight were guaranteed losses with the pitching matchups, but with the way the regular starters have been I dont feel good about any game. The whole staff seems to have no problem giving up 6-8 runs in the first 2-3 innings on any night against any team. It is really getting ridiculous. I will try to watch some more tonight, but man, I think I will end up seeing more Spos and O'Reilly and Hannity then the Sox tonight.

Dan H
09-01-2004, 10:06 AM

Lip
I agree completely. It also shows that losing Ordonez and Thomas wasn't the only problem this team had. The fans had every right to be angry at SoxFest. The Sox did nothing to address this problem except to tell fans to be optimistic. I will remember to be optimistic in 2005.

Baby Fisk
09-01-2004, 10:12 AM
I agree completely. It also shows that losing Ordonez and Thomas wasn't the only problem this team had. The fans had every right to be angry at SoxFest. The Sox did nothing to address this problem except to tell fans to be optimistic. I will remember to be optimistic in 2005.Who can I talk to about trying to get the Q&A session at Soxfest to be broadcast on TV or online as a pay-per-view spectacular? I'm sensing it will put the WWE to shame! :cool:

Hangar18
09-01-2004, 11:05 AM
I agree completely. It also shows that losing Ordonez and Thomas wasn't the only problem this team had. The fans had every right to be angry at SoxFest. The Sox did nothing to address this problem except to tell fans to be optimistic. I will remember to be optimistic in 2005.
I just wish the Chicago Media wasnt so Cubby Biased, because this is a story
that shouldve Been Hammered every single day this year. sigh. Instead, we got Prior Watches, Baker Excuses, Dusty-isms, Little Darren playing on the field and his lineup ideas, The media helping coverup the concrete issues.
Sox Fans should be ANGRIER ..................:angry: