PDA

View Full Version : Converting to Catcher


duke of dorwood
10-04-2001, 11:25 PM
Anyone think that Jeff Liefer can be converted to power hitting catcher?

PaleHoseGeorge
10-04-2001, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Anyone think that Jeff Liefer can be converted to power hitting catcher?

Sure, why not. I wonder if we can make him into a pinch runner, too.

Spiff
10-04-2001, 11:40 PM
I think making Bin Laden into a Catholic would be an easier conversion.

Bmr31
10-04-2001, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Anyone think that Jeff Liefer can be converted to power hitting catcher?

Okay i cant pass on this one......that was a completely ignorant comment.

beausox
10-06-2001, 06:50 PM
I know we don't value defense that much on the South Side, but are we willing to stoop this low to get an extra bat in the line-up?

LongDistanceFan
10-06-2001, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by beausox
I know we don't value defense that much on the South Side, but are we willing to stoop this low to get an extra bat in the line-up? wasn't paulie walnuts a catcher at one time?

beausox
10-06-2001, 09:54 PM
Paulie was drafted as a catcher. He also played some OF for the Reds and at one time we experimented with him at third. I bet he's a better third basemen than Leifer. I wonder in an emergency he would be our third string catcher?

LongDistanceFan
10-06-2001, 09:56 PM
i was wondering about something like that

Daver
10-06-2001, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by beausox
Paulie was drafted as a catcher. He also played some OF for the Reds and at one time we experimented with him at third. I bet he's a better third basemen than Leifer. I wonder in an emergency he would be our third string catcher?

Yes he is the emergency catcher,he has been for 2 years.

Jerry_Manuel
10-06-2001, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by daver
Yes he is the emergency catcher,he has been for 2 years.

Dynamite drop in Daver, we don't call you the smartest redneck here for nothing.

LongDistanceFan
10-06-2001, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


Dynamite drop in Daver, we don't call you the smartest redneck here for nothing. and i am starting to see the light in that statment.

Daver
10-06-2001, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


Dynamite drop in Daver, we don't call you the smartest redneck here for nothing.

Isn't being the smartest redneck real similar to being the tallest midget?

But then again what the hell do I know?

Jerry_Manuel
10-06-2001, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by daver
Isn't being the smartest redneck real similar to being the tallest midget?


Well when you put it that way I would have to say yes.

Jerry_Manuel
10-06-2001, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
and i am starting to see the light in that statment.

Did I say something wrong?

LongDistanceFan
10-07-2001, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


Did I say something wrong? no........ its just with davers and his one sentence answers, you get in a false security and then he surprises everybody......... or i should say he surprises me....... he has a lot of in depth info.......... which i like to read.

beausox
10-07-2001, 06:17 PM
:KW

"I thought I was the smartest redneck"

Daver
10-07-2001, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by beausox
:KW

"I thought I was the smartest redneck"

No Kenny you are the tallest midget.

You don't have enough cars in your yard to be a redneck.

beausox
10-07-2001, 09:34 PM
:bundy

"Ok everyone check your neck, mines pretty red"