PDA

View Full Version : Wscr

Dub25
08-31-2004, 05:26 PM
Sorry if this thread should be in the parking lot instaed of here but this is kind of baseball related. In today's Feder column in the Sun Times it looks official that Mike Murphy will take over evenings. We all knew this was going to happen so now I will ask this question. Now that this buffoon is on the evening shift will we ever here a white sox post game show like J-Hood had? Or, will it be like it is now in the mornings. A moment here or there about the Sox so he can blow a load about the Cubs all the time? Even if their game ended hours ago. I know a lot of us listen to Wills but it is nice sometimes to here what the other station has to say. Personnaly I hope the Sox do move to the score(hopefully bringing Wills or have J-Hood take over) otherwise you will never here about the Sox in the evenings.

34 Inch Stick
09-01-2004, 06:59 AM
When Murph had the extended time (less commercials and no peak hours of listnership) in the past, I always found him to be evenhanded. He brought good national perspective regarding baseball to his broadcast. Murph is a much better fit in the evenings.

Erik The Red
09-01-2004, 07:27 AM
Solution: don't listen to the Snore.

It's just that easy.

fledgedrallycap
09-01-2004, 08:58 AM
Don't worry, North to mornings will change everything....

Hangar18
09-01-2004, 12:37 PM
When Murph had the extended time (less commercials and no peak hours of listnership) in the past, I always found him to be evenhanded. He brought good national perspective regarding baseball to his broadcast. Murph is a much better fit in the evenings.
Thats too bad I have to say this, because believe me, as EASY as it is to say something negative, id much rather PRAISE someone/something. Mike Murphy
unfortuneately, is JUST NOT a good Broadcast Journalist. He abused his morning show priviledge and used it to as nothing more than a Mouthpiece for the Tribune Corporation. Random Sample from the last 2 weeks. Out of 14 times I turned the radio on in the morning and head to work, from 6:30 am to approximately 9am, Guess how many times I flicked the Station on to find them in midsentence talking about .....guess what...the cubs? 13 TIMES! The one other time? The Bears. Its a 2 team town Murph, you jackass,
so good riddance. He missed numerous Stories and subjects to cover .....
heres to him getting run out of town ...............

duke of dorwood
09-01-2004, 03:37 PM
Didnt listen before, Wont listen now.

The Sox post game is on AM 1000

Mots09
09-01-2004, 05:26 PM
So now the lineup goes:

Fred and Pappi
Boers and Burnsie
JHood and Uncle Teabag
Murph

???

Jerry_Manuel
09-01-2004, 06:09 PM
So now the lineup goes:

Fred and Pappi
Boers and Burnsie
JHood and Uncle Teabag
Murph

???
Well, Fred is going to be the update guy. I don't think he is going to be hosting with North. You'll have some sort of replay hour between Hood and Murphy, than Sporting News overnight.

MetalliSox
09-01-2004, 06:58 PM
I agree. What do people hate Murph? Cuz he is a former bleacher bum? He knows a lot about both teams history and is a good host for a Chicago Sports Station.

Viva Magglio
09-01-2004, 08:03 PM
Well, Fred is going to be the update guy. I don't think he is going to be hosting with North. You'll have some sort of replay hour between Hood and Murphy, than Sporting News overnight.
Fred is just going to do updates. North's co-host will be Anne Maxfield. I think North's show will be a disaster. Pappy just wants to be another shock jock like Mancow or Stern. There will be plenty of Kerry-bashing, race baiting, etc., from Pappy.

SOXSINCE'70
09-01-2004, 08:21 PM
Fred is just going to do updates. North's co-host will be Anne Maxfield. I think North's show will be a disaster. Pappy just wants to be another shock jock like Mancow or Stern. There will be plenty of Kerry-bashing, race baiting, etc., from Pappy.
Howard Stern is a freakin' genius next to that dumbass North.:angry: :angry:

balboner
09-01-2004, 09:15 PM
All you have to know about Murphy is that during today's broadcast, he was praising Jim Hendry for trading for Difelice. Difelice is one of the worst players in MLB, as well as having just a terrible attitude. However, Murphy called it a "tremendous" pickup. Yuck!

Kogs35
09-01-2004, 11:03 PM
I agree. What do people hate Murph? Cuz he is a former bleacher bum? He knows a lot about both teams history and is a good host for a Chicago Sports Station.
all he talks about is cubs cubs cubs. back in june when the sox where winning and the scrubs where loosing hes never gave the sox a time and the day. screw murphy i hope he doesnt get it. hes a idiot and not a professtional when it comes to sports radio. same with mike o golnik he sucks at sports centerupdates on espn1000 and always gets his sox bashing in. although its wierd ever since i nashed on him mjh critics segment its been a little different but he still sucks.

MetalliSox
09-02-2004, 09:42 AM
all he talks about is cubs cubs cubs. back in june when the sox where winning and the scrubs where loosing hes never gave the sox a time and the day. screw murphy i hope he doesnt get it. hes a idiot and not a professtional when it comes to sports radio. same with mike o golnik he sucks at sports centerupdates on espn1000 and always gets his sox bashing in. although its wierd ever since i nashed on him mjh critics segment its been a little different but he still sucks.
Out of all the Score hosts, he is the ONLY CUBS fan! Wouldn't it be hypocritical for the Score to talk all Sox all the time, when you want them to stop talking about the Cubs?

SOXSINCE'70
09-02-2004, 10:43 AM
All you have to know about Murphy is that during today's broadcast, he was praising Jim Hendry for trading for Difelice. Difelice is one of the worst players in MLB, as well as having just a terrible attitude. However, Murphy called it a "tremendous" pickup. Yuck!
Heard some stories that Mike DiFelice has a criminal record.Seems 3 years ago,he punched a woman in the face in a bar dispute.Pretty bush league move.Well,if it's the sCrUBS,bush league is just perfect for a franchise that moans and bitches about media coverage or booing the players' poor performances. It's never their fault.It's the media's fault.

(And yeah,I know some White Sox players have simlar attitudes.JON cough,cough GARLAND):angry: :angry:

Hangar18
09-02-2004, 10:50 AM
I agree. What do people hate Murph? Cuz he is a former bleacher bum? He knows a lot about both teams history and is a good host for a Chicago Sports Station.He knows his cub history, but he also Knows his SOX history? are you sure about that? ARE YOU SURE? Because I wouldnt think so ...... He uses the Morning Airwaves to further his own Personal Cub Jerk Fest. Every morning,
he breaks down the previous days cub game, complete with inning by inning breakdowns and Audio Hilites. Then, depending on his mood and what Point he wants to Hammer to the audience, BAITS the callers by ranting about something and only taking CALLS (ive proven this, I call and if i Say something sox related, I never get thru, but when I say something cub related, im on within 10 minutes) about the cubs. THEN, he'll get a Score Reporter
to call in, who was at the game........ To talk Cub also. This will usually eat into the first 2 hours of the program .......... THEN, he'll get a former cub, Mickey Morandini the "official cubs reporter" to call and talk about the cubs. They used to say he was "The SCores Baseball Expert" but after about 10 appearances where all he did was cover the cubs, and someone called him and asked him a SOX question (which he responded he DIDNT know anything about the SOX) Murph & the Score blatantly began calling him "The Scores Cub Expert". On thursdays, he takes a call from a Stats Guy, who always has some interesting stats (that Murph asks him the week before to Research) in which 100% of the time, is CUB Related, from Figuring the Pct of foulballs in wrigley, to the windblowing in at wrigley, to cub leadoff hitter avgs in summer, to today...ERA's of the Cub starting staff (so as to hint Dusty how to alter the staff for playoffs) in the late innings.
So I Wholeheartedly DISAGREE, hes not a sports reporter. HEs a cub jackass who got lucky to have a show in the Prime Time morning slot to spew how much he loves the cubs, to hell with the rest of the sports world

Not a single time this year ......... has Murph broken down inning by inning, complete w audio clips, of a SOX game. Not a Single Time has he used a
"Score SOX expert" to breakdown even more the said games. Not a Single Time have the SOX been the topic for 4 straight hours, and the cubs only getting 15 mins of talk time. NOt a single time has he had Guests on his show, where the only reason they were there was to talk SOX and SOX ONLY for an hour. Hes a Terrible Host ...........

pinwheels3530
09-02-2004, 11:23 AM
Out of all the Score hosts, he is the ONLY CUBS fan! Wouldn't it be hypocritical for the Score to talk all Sox all the time, when you want them to stop talking about the Cubs?

The difference is that all the other score hosts give both teams equal time, but not Murph.

Hangar18
09-02-2004, 11:26 AM
Heres a Novel Concept for Mike Murphy. Talk with EQUAL PASSION and FERVOR about the sox also. 50/50. not 70/03, 90/10 ..........
but he CANT. Hes a cub fan, and most cub fans are NOT THAT KNOWLEDGABLE (save for a Grobber and Harry Teinowitz) HE SHOULDNT BE ON THE RADIO ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i personally probably know more about the cubs than he does about the SOX

santo=dorf
09-02-2004, 11:42 AM
Heres a Novel Concept for Mike Murphy. Talk with EQUAL PASSION and FERVOR about the sox also. 50/50. not 70/03, 90/10 ..........
but he CANT. Hes a cub fan, and most cub fans are NOT THAT KNOWLEDGABLE (save for a Grobber and Harry Teinowitz) HE SHOULDNT BE ON THE RADIO ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i personally probably know more about the cubs than he does about the SOX
It's funny Hangar because over at the Cubs' board at mlb.com, they're really upset about Mike North taking over. Some Cubs fan even said Murph had a "great" show.

Dick Allen
09-02-2004, 11:58 AM
The difference is that all the other score hosts give both teams equal time, but not Murph.Precisely. Mike North, who is a lifelong Sox fan, has never spent 90% of any of his shows on the Sox. Same goes for Dan Bernstein and Jonathan Hood.