PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie ball

balke
08-31-2004, 03:52 PM
read some threads on it, still don't know what it is. Does it mean that we're going to have a team full of low talents who we can't hate because "hey at least their trying?"

I'm afraid Timo is an ozzie-ball kinda guy. A scraper who bunted one time and made it on base.

This fear has me thinking it's all about keeping Valentin Everett Perez uribe borchard alomar jr. & sr. rowand maggs lee and pitchers, gaining maybe one guy better than those ("scraper-type"), and some defensive scrubs and the big 3

and dumping thomas konerko garland willie schoney gload?

IF we're going to have a bunch of Ozzie guillens out there in the field, I'll be none too impressed. Will we even have a 1B? perez, although he bunts, sucks. there's been so many errors and non-called errors in the field because of that guy, and his arm is the weakest in the outfield. I saw one play where he couldn't even hit the cut-off man without a 2-hopper from the warning track.

If this is what ozzie ball is... it's basically throwing out our second half team onto the field next season as well, expecting to do better.

Am I wrong, what will Ozzie-ball look like?

I_Liked_Manuel
08-31-2004, 04:36 PM
from what i can tell, ozzieball means leave your starters in at least an inning too long, make the wrong bullpen decisions, and confuse everybody with your lineups. oh, it also means that some players are given as much time as possible to work through their slumps and still play, while others have to sit and make the most of their few given opportunities.

Rocky Soprano
08-31-2004, 04:41 PM
:threadsucks