PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Schedule

35thStChurros
08-31-2004, 12:25 AM
Hey all, I am a long time reader of this board. I enjoy reading from the "true Sox fans". I was wondering if anyone heard of an eary bird schedule coming out? or what NL teams the Sox will play in '05???

:R&R

NonetheLoaiza
08-31-2004, 12:37 AM
dont we go back to facing the nl central again?

santo=dorf
08-31-2004, 12:42 AM
I thought we might face the NL West with the flip flops in home and away teams from 2003. BTW, we have yet to play the Rockies in interleague play. I really want to see how well Carlos, Frank and Paulie play in Colorado.

dcb33
08-31-2004, 01:00 AM
I thought we might face the NL West with the flip flops in home and away teams from 2003. BTW, we have yet to play the Rockies in interleague play. I really want to see how well Carlos, Frank and Paulie play in Colorado.Are you kidding me? I can just picture the recap in my mind's eye now- the Sox lose 8-0 as Shawn Estes (or whatever other garbage Colorado has) throws a 2 hit shutout. After the game, various Sox players around the clubhouse were quoted as saying;
"Well, it's really tough sometimes when you face a pitcher you've never seen before"
"When a pitcher has his good stuff, it can be real hard to beat" or my personal favorite
"We just didn't show up tonight."

Oh, by the way, we will play the Cubs 6 times, if that helps anyone....:redneck

Kogs35
08-31-2004, 01:00 AM
I thought we might face the NL West with the flip flops in home and away teams from 2003. BTW, we have yet to play the Rockies in interleague play. I really want to see how well Carlos, Frank and Paulie play in Colorado.
iirc look for the sox to go there longest roadtrip of the year a week before interleague when they play oakland and seattle then head down to colorado and sbc park and then come home to the padres and dodgers. yes i know the padres where he in 03 but it happenes and thats how scheduleing goes. see the yankees only being home for1 series in july

35thStChurros
08-31-2004, 02:05 AM
iirc look for the sox to go there longest roadtrip of the year a week before interleague when they play oakland and seattle then head down to colorado and sbc park and then come home to the padres and dodgers. yes i know the padres where he in 03 but it happenes and thats how scheduleing goes. see the yankees only being home for1 series in july

what is iirc???
Do you have the '05 schedule in print? I would love to go to SBC. any idea of those dates?

Bisco Stu
08-31-2004, 05:08 AM
Don't call it SBC. It's Pac Bell and will always be Pac Bell. Sox already played there, an exhibition game in 2002.

Parrothead
08-31-2004, 07:29 AM
I was told by the front office that the Sox are playing the Central. Don't know if it is true since we were supposed to be playing them this year.

DumpJerry
08-31-2004, 08:13 AM
A few weeks back I read a posting on here that said the Rockies announced that they are hosting the Sox next season. Looks like the NL west next season with the sCrubs.

hose
08-31-2004, 09:09 AM
Don't call it SBC. It's Pac Bell and will always be Pac Bell. Sox already played there, an exhibition game in 2002.

It's SBC Park period, get over it.

Don't get emotional over one corporate logo to another.

Pacific Bell was part of Pacific Teleis which was taken over by South Western Bell.

As long as SBC is paying for the naming rights then the park will be called SBC Park.

Didn't the Giants/49ers start all this naming rights stuff when Candlestick Park became 3Comm Park?

Can't have it both ways after you sell out.

nccwsfan
08-31-2004, 09:31 AM
The White Sox played the NL East in 2002, the NL West last year and the NL East this season, so I would guess that we're up against the NL Central this time around.

Just a guess.

Hangar18
08-31-2004, 09:52 AM
dont we go back to facing the nl central again?
Interleague was supposed to be facing all divisions in equal order.
Seems the Evil Corporation and MLB decided it would be "good for baseball"
if the $100 Million Dollar Machine faced the AL EAST teams ........
so they could have it on FOX Saturday and ESPN. Weve been
long overdue to face the Central division .....

Lem_Siddons
08-31-2004, 11:07 AM
I love it, it isn't even September and we are already planning on 2005. I do not know to laugh or cry :?:

Kogs35
08-31-2004, 11:28 AM
what is iirc???
Do you have the '05 schedule in print? I would love to go to SBC. any idea of those dates?
iirc= if i recall correctly. i do not have it in print i only caught a glimps of the artical and it mentioned the sox and twins going to colorado and that this time around the sox would be on the west coast already playing oakland and seattle.

ewokpelts
08-31-2004, 11:58 AM
Interleague was supposed to be facing all divisions in equal order.
Seems the Evil Corporation and MLB decided it would be "good for baseball"
if the $100 Million Dollar Machine faced the AL EAST teams ........
so they could have it on FOX Saturday and ESPN. Weve been
long overdue to face the Central division .....
henry,
the scrubs played the al west this year
Gene

Hangar18
08-31-2004, 02:31 PM
henry,
the scrubs played the al west this year
Gene
Sorry, I meant to say the JUST played the AL EAST last year,
and now MLB cant wait to schedule The Evil Blue Corporation in some
"historical matchups", against the AL EAST ......Again.
You can mark my words, MLB will HURRY
and have the AllStar Game suddenly being back at The Urinal shortly

Kogs35
08-31-2004, 02:54 PM
actually there going through a time of the new stadium craze and the all star game will not be returning to the urinal. and i dont think the flubbies and yanks r playing this year. mlb will be too busy going nutz that the red sox r coming back here. and back in 03 steinbrener was promissed the same nl central oppentants the red sox played in 03. and mlb will be hyping clemens vs the yanks in houston.

santo=dorf
08-31-2004, 03:02 PM
Hangar, it's only going to get worse when the Cubs play the Red Sox next year.

:boston

"I'm losing sleep already."

DumpJerry
08-31-2004, 05:00 PM
Well, while you guys are thinking about the schedule for 2005, I'm concentrating on something more important....the 2010 schedule, that is when we will finally finish above .500. Of course, Crede will still be at third..........:(:

cwsox
08-31-2004, 06:03 PM
I love it, it isn't even September and we are already planning on 2005. I do not know to laugh or cry :?:
it is what we do... for better or worse