PDA

View Full Version : #70 For Bonds


MaggPipes
10-04-2001, 09:23 PM
HE GOT A PITCH TO HIT!!!

Barry in Chi-Town in 2002???

OK, i can dream....

FarWestChicago
10-04-2001, 09:23 PM
They finally pitched to him, LOL!

Chisox_cali
10-04-2001, 09:23 PM
bout time someone pitched to him

FarWestChicago
10-04-2001, 09:25 PM
And that was no cheapo!

PaleHoseGeorge
10-04-2001, 09:41 PM
:moron

"What's the big deal? Sam-me has hit 70 three times now. He saved baseball, too. And the Cubs are Central Division champions.

"Haven't you heard the news, Smut Sox fans? Next year is here!

"Whoops, here comes my nurse again!"

cheeses_h_rice
10-04-2001, 10:01 PM
I thought it was a very cool moment. I couldn't believe I got lucky enough to turn it on just before it happened. Bonds looked genuinely happy, and I loved how he put his arms up as soon as he knew it was going out.

As for #71, I think it'd be cool to have 2 guys sharing the record at 70.

Especially 2 guys not named Sam-ME.



:moron

I'm predicting 80 for Sosa next year.

Jerry_Manuel
10-04-2001, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I loved how he put his arms up as soon as he knew it was going out.


:moron
But when Sammy does his hop when he knows he hit a homer you don't like it?

cheeses_h_rice
10-04-2001, 10:07 PM
Jay, if Sam-ME ever gets to #70, I won't complain about the hop, OK?

Bonds got pitched around the entire series. The first guy to really pitch to him, and he cranks one off him. I thought it was just a cool moment.

oldcomiskey
10-04-2001, 10:23 PM
I still would love to see ole number 53 DD Don Drysdale out on that bump when Sammy does his thing----hed take that C right off his helmet

FarWestChicago
10-04-2001, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
I still would love to see ole number 53 DD Don Drysdale out on that bump when Sammy does his thing----hed take that C right off his helmet No lie. Can you imagine what would happen if he hopped on Bob Gibson?

Jerry_Manuel
10-04-2001, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
No lie. Can you imagine what would happen if he hopped on Bob Gibson?

No I can't, damn youth!
I assume he would have knocked him on his ass.

FarWestChicago
10-04-2001, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


No I can't, damn youth!
I assume he would have knocked him on his ass. Drysdale or Gibson would have knocked him into next season.

Jerry_Manuel
10-04-2001, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Drysdale or Gibson would have knocked him into next season.

WOW!
Talk about "Wait till next year".

ihatethecubs
10-05-2001, 01:05 AM
if i was a major league pitcher, id drill him every time he came up and id tell the reporters in the locker room i did it on purpose. he wouldnt charge the mound ever because he wouldnt want to ruin his super hero good guy cuddly cubbie image. id gladly pay all the fines. if they had a carnival game to hit sammy in the head with a pitch id pay $5,000 for one chance