PDA

View Full Version : Who would be Sox MVP?

nordhagen
08-30-2004, 04:50 PM
Not that we should get all excited about it on a team limping along at mediocrity, but my pick would be Aaron Rowand. He's hit all over the lineup without complaint and with success and delivered a lot of big hits. He's also played a pretty solid center field and actually seems to have an idea of how to run the bases, something which was once again was in short supply today. Now I just hope this is the beginning of good things and not just a one-year deal.

manuelsucks
08-30-2004, 04:54 PM
Not that we should get all excited about it on a team limping along at mediocrity, but my pick would be Aaron Rowand. He's hit all over the lineup without complaint and with success and delivered a lot of big hits. He's also played a pretty solid center field and actually seems to have an idea of how to run the bases, something which was once again was in short supply today. Now I just hope this is the beginning of good things and not just a one-year deal.
I couldn't agree with you more. For the second half of this year, Rowand has really started to prove himself. I just hope he can keep it going. I don't like flukes!! *cough* loaiza *cough*

ChiWhiteSox1337
08-30-2004, 04:56 PM
I'm forced to say Frank Thomas because when he was in the line up the white sox were winning, even with no Magglio. Once he went down along with Maggs, the team died. For the players who aren't injured, I'm going to say Aaron Rowand because he plays good defense, hits the ball, and can run the basepaths.

lowesox
08-30-2004, 04:57 PM
Yep, it's gotta be ArRow. From the second I read the title of your thread he bounced into my mind. I'd say Paulie would receive honourable mention. Then nobody else even comes close.

Mots09
08-30-2004, 04:58 PM
ARo or CLee

nordhagen
08-30-2004, 04:59 PM
Yep, it's gotta be ArRow. From the second I read the title of your thread he bounced into my mind. I'd say Paulie would receive honourable mention. Then nobody else even comes close.

The only other one might be Carlos Lee, because he's obviously had a pretty good year at the plate again.

34 Inch Stick
08-30-2004, 05:03 PM
Rowand, Konerko or Lee. Rowand had a breakout season. However Konerko and Lee have shouldered huge roles this year without anyone to back them up. I have been very impressed with both of them as they have shown great poise.

Lem_Siddons
08-30-2004, 05:05 PM
Kong is AL top 5 in HRs, has played decent 1st base, and stepped up to carry a lot of offensive load with Maggs and Thomas out. He's my pick.

misty60481
08-30-2004, 05:07 PM
My vote goes to A-Row he has improved in every department, I also dont think this is a fluke year, he works to hard to make himself a good ballplayer.

idseer
08-30-2004, 05:32 PM
konerko has been consistant all year and to me there is little question he is the sox mvp. he may also be comeback player of the year for the american league.

arow has been great and is no doubt the most improved player but i don't think his contribution has been larger than paul's.

while lee has some good numbers, there are just so many times he's failed miserably when we needed him.

if shingo had been used properly from the beginning i think he'd be a good candidate too.

kittle42
08-30-2004, 05:51 PM
Multiple-way tie: Dan Wright, Jon Rauch, Arnie Munoz, Felix Diaz, Josh Stewart, Scott Schoeneweis

kitekrazy
08-30-2004, 05:58 PM
I'd give it to the fans who showed support during the home Minn. series. Someone had to show up those 3 days and it was the Twins and the Sox fans.

MRKARNO
08-30-2004, 05:59 PM
It's really hard to say because there are some good options if you want to include Frank and Maggs and other options if you don't. I'll say Konerko for leading the team in homers and his OBP aint too bad. In addition, he was pretty consistant throughout the year. Lee is a very close second, but the fact that he couldnt turn on the power until July is the reason that he is in second

TomParrish79
08-30-2004, 09:21 PM
Multiple-way tie: Dan Wright, Jon Rauch, Arnie Munoz, Felix Diaz, Josh Stewart, Scott Schoeneweis
Post of the day right there, got me laughing.

South Side
08-30-2004, 10:38 PM
Hands down, Jon effing Garland.

cwsox
08-30-2004, 11:07 PM
Aaron

OurBitchinMinny
08-30-2004, 11:12 PM
Either PK or Lee. Rowand definitely most improved. But he is not good w/ RISP and doesnt even have 50 rbis. I know he has led off a lot, but he does have 20 HRs. Either way rowand is by far the most improved.

fusillirob1983
08-31-2004, 12:13 AM
Rowand would probably have more rbis if he had more at-bats during the time the offense wasn't sputtering. I know he wasn't doing the best early on when the offense was scoring lots and lots of runs, but there's been a lot less guys to drive in lately, especially while batting lead off. I'd vote him MVP this year with Konerko a close second.

SSN721
08-31-2004, 07:16 AM
Rowand definitely gets my vote. I think his RBIs and his average with RISP would go up if he was the starter everyday from day one. I am very excited to have him on the team next year.

SOXSINCE'70
08-31-2004, 07:20 AM
Rowand #1,Ben Davis #2.Now let's hope this isn't a 1 year fluke.:gulp: