PDA

View Full Version : Att: 5,747....Wow!

BLRMKRdave
08-30-2004, 05:30 PM
I know that this was an interleague makeup game on a Monday afternoon, but less than 6,000 in attendance. In a few years from now 20,000 will say that they witnessed Joe B. moonshot to right field. Weren't tickets half price also?

~BLRMKRdave

santo=dorf
08-30-2004, 05:42 PM
. Weren't tickets half price also?

~BLRMKRdaveyes. :anon:

Every Sox fan should've been there because Sox fans don't work.

he_gone_89
08-30-2004, 05:45 PM
man,thats bassically nobody

i would of been there if i wasn't trapped at Farmer Acadamy [a.k.a St Rita]:whiner:

dickallen15
08-30-2004, 05:50 PM
There was at least 10,000 . That 5700 figure did not count season ticketholders who were given complimentary tickets to the game.

Mots09
08-30-2004, 05:59 PM
Wasn't it half-price tickets too????:redneck

jabrch
08-30-2004, 06:05 PM
and I am thrilled. First off, there really only were about 6000 people there. The UD was EMPTY. The OF was empty. There was nobody there.

Those of us there saw a few amazing plays. Abreu threw a perfect strike from RF, flatfooted. And Borch's HR was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. From the moment he made contact, that ball was GONE. 507 was a very accurate estimate. I saw a bunch of rooftop shots at Old Comiskey, and this ball was hit better than any of those, with the possible exception of the Nicholson ball that made it into the park.

HITMEN OF 77
08-30-2004, 07:32 PM
I was jsut reading the write up on whitesox.com about the game and couldn't believe only 5700 were there. Was JB's bomb that huge? I haven't seen it yet. Would have loved to hear Hawks call on that one.

Lip Man 1
08-30-2004, 07:36 PM
You mean fans 20 years from now aren't going to be saying 'I was at the game where Borchard struck out three straight times after that home run?'

Lip

bafiarocks03
08-30-2004, 07:38 PM
Thats soo cool...i wish i was there!!!:D:

Tavarin
08-30-2004, 07:54 PM
I'm pretty sure it wasn't half price tickets, at least when I tried to buy tickets online they weren't

cwsox
08-30-2004, 09:18 PM
And Borch's HR was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. From the moment he made contact, that ball was GONE. 507 was a very accurate estimate. I saw a bunch of rooftop shots at Old Comiskey, and this ball was hit better than any of those, with the possible exception of the Nicholson ball that made it into the park.
I'd like to hear more about this, having seen no clips of the game, please

Daver
08-30-2004, 09:21 PM
Watch Sportscenter tonite on ESPN, it will be on there.

Hardest hit ball I have seen in a long time.

bigfoot
08-30-2004, 09:50 PM
Watch Sportscenter tonite on ESPN, it will be on there.

Hardest hit ball I have seen in a long time.
Since Dave Nicholson or Dan Pasqua?

whitesoxwilkes
08-30-2004, 10:26 PM
I was sitting in the UD, and it looked to me like it didn't start coming down until it got to like the last 4 rows of seats over the bullpen. It was absolutely scalded. Torched. Tattooed. From what I saw, it wasn't overwhelmingly high in the air, just hit really really hard.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-30-2004, 10:29 PM
there were more people at the freaking little league world series! well i guess only because its the world series..but 12 y/o kids? :?:

npdempse
08-30-2004, 11:11 PM
a) I'd believe there were less than 6k there. Like somebody said, there were literally fewer than a dozen people sitting in the UD, for once they let them come down to the lower bowl. Despite that, there were entire sections of the LD that had five or six people in them.

b) the guy who came to the game with me was asking why we keep giving Borchard plate time as Joe B came up to bat. I said that he's young, we paid him a big signing bonus, somebody apparently believes he has a big upside--and then boy did he show off that upside. Cleared the railing on the concourse. The only balls I've ever seen hit anything like that hard at the Cell were some batting practice homeruns before the Homerun Derby. Un-freaking-believable. Jaw dropper. Yow.

OurBitchinMinny
08-31-2004, 12:09 AM
yes. :anon:

Every Sox fan should've been there because Sox fans don't work.

No its the white sox players who dont show up for work

Parrothead
08-31-2004, 12:21 AM
I know that this was an interleague makeup game on a Monday afternoon, but less than 6,000 in attendance. In a few years from now 20,000 will say that they witnessed Joe B. moonshot to right field. Weren't tickets half price also?

~BLRMKRdaveI will claim I was there !!!!!

But his 3 strikeouts were just as impressive.

dcb33
08-31-2004, 12:40 AM
5700 people, eh? On the bright side, that would be a pretty healthy crowd up in Montreal...

DSpivack
08-31-2004, 12:58 AM
5700 people, eh? On the bright side, that would be a pretty healthy crowd up in Montreal...
So much for drawing 2 million.

MikeKreevich
08-31-2004, 09:16 AM
Have you ever had someone call up day of the game and offer free tickets. I got a call yesterday morning. Free parking pass and lower deck boxes. Of course, everyone I could possibly round up was working and I had an important meeting. Maybe Whitesoxinteractive could start a new forum with a ticket sharing function. Should be plenty of unused tickets from now until the end of this season.