PDA

View Full Version : Back From Cleveland

soxwon
08-29-2004, 11:08 PM
i was one of a few sox fans in cleveland fri-sun.
friday night we got hammered, so did i, some fine bars in cleveland.
saturday was rowdy night for Most sox fans, not me i was hung over, waited out the rain delay and had a blast mixing with sox fans.
sunday was very boring i LOATHE 2 hour games.
meet many sox fans, and a lot of tribe fans.
oh the fireworks on saturday, blew away anything the sox have.
game got out near 1am, still, went to Coopers Town across from the Jake.
who else from here made it?
i probably talked to you , iif you had sox wear on.
ill take a split there anytime.

GiveMeSox
08-29-2004, 11:35 PM
saturday was rowdy night for Most sox fans, not me i was hung over, waited out the rain delay and had a blast mixing with sox fans.
ill take a split there anytime.
I was there two weeks ago for the tribe vs jays. I loved the jake and the stadium experience. I went to cooperstown also and to Panini's as well. There is a lot of hot girls at the bars before and after the game its great. I think the Jake is underrated as a great place to see a game, the surrounding city bars and pubs make it perfect. Its not all trendy and a mardi gras party like in wrigleyville where you go as your night out on the town. Its a nice hang out of sports and restuarants with music and such mixed into a downtown city setting, very cool.

JoseCanseco6969
08-29-2004, 11:48 PM
ill take a split there anytime.I was there for sat and sunday and was very surprised at how well behaved the cleveland fans were. No booing us or the Sox, I couldnt believe it! I guess I'm used to the way we chicago fans attend games. Beautiful stadium, great fans and a decent city. Also, I was directly next to a cleveland kid who caught Paulies 3 run bomb on the fly! An amazing catch for a little kid and what was really nice is that the ticket checker filled out a form for the kid that sends a certificate congrads letter in the mail for a nice catch. I think we should do something nice like that. Anyways, i overheard a few Tribe fans discussing throwing back HR balls at Wrigley and how dumb that is. The tribe also passed out really nice 50 year anniversary baseballs for the AL Champion Tribe. I hope we do something like that in 2009 for our 50 year anniversary. But overall great experience and would go there again!

pinwheels3530
08-30-2004, 02:42 AM
Just got back from Cleveland and Pittsburgh, I was at the Friday night game I will post some pictures once I figure out how to do it! Jacobs Field is a pretty cool park but it doesn't compare to PNC park.

nccwsfan
08-30-2004, 08:01 AM
Also, I was directly next to a cleveland kid who caught Paulies 3 run bomb on the fly! An amazing catch for a little kid and what was really nice is that the ticket checker filled out a form for the kid that sends a certificate congrads letter in the mail for a nice catch.
That was a great catch Saturday night! It looked pretty good on TV anyway...