PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Embarassment Post Game Thread 8/29

idseer
08-29-2004, 02:07 PM
wow! this elarton guy must have an era around 2.50 or so huh? ..................!

JRIG
08-29-2004, 02:10 PM
One of the worst games I've seen in years, helped by one of the worst lineups I've seen in years.

skobabe8
Somebody tell me that wasn't his first career complete game shut out. :?: Please.

owensmouth
wow! this elarton guy must have an era around 2.50 or so huh? ..................!
He's gonna open the All Star Game after the World Series

JRIG
08-29-2004, 02:11 PM
Wonder if Willsy will try to avoid the phone lines today?

samram
08-29-2004, 02:13 PM
At least the Sox are courteous enough to be awful in a short amount of time. Thanks guys!:tongue:

idseer
08-29-2004, 02:14 PM
Somebody tell me that wasn't his first career complete game shut out. :?: Please.

wish i could. he had 2 complete games in 2000. neither were shutouts. :smile:

Mohoney
08-29-2004, 02:15 PM
Dear Texas Rangers,

If you're interested in Jon Garland, make me an offer.

HaroMaster87
08-29-2004, 02:16 PM
Oh well, lets look on the bright side...at least we got another loss for Judy - or should I say his teammates did, right Judy???:whiner:

dcb33
08-29-2004, 02:17 PM
Dear Texas Rangers,

What makes you think they'd want him? KW has already said that Judy will be back next year. Let's just hope it's in the role of a 5th starter.

owensmouth
08-29-2004, 02:17 PM
What, no Pick To Click???

PaleHoseGeorge
08-29-2004, 02:18 PM
Wonder if Willsy will try to avoid the phone lines today?
Probably...
:cool:

:wills
"You think you can play better than this current group of Sox, sign up for Sox Fantasy Camp by calling Jake at..."

PaleHoseGeorge
08-29-2004, 02:21 PM
:jon
"I serve up home run pitches for my teammates, not the fans!"

HaroMaster87
08-29-2004, 02:22 PM

OUTSTANDING SIR!!!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

JGarlandrules20
08-29-2004, 02:24 PM
2 hits can't win many ball games...

bluestar
08-29-2004, 02:25 PM
Just when I thought the season couldn't get any worse...

Phrases I would prefer to never hear again:

"I don't think I've ever seen [insert mediocre pitcher's name here] be this dominant. What a performance!"

"[Insert player's name here] has hit 10 home runs this year; nine of them were against the White Sox."

"As Mike Jackson makes his way in from the White Sox dugout, we'll take this commercial break."

"His [insert body part] is a little [sore, tight]; he should be okay in a day or two."

HaroMaster87
2 hits can't win many ball games...
Oh let it go...he SUCKS...do i need to post his numbers????

inta
Dear Texas Rangers,

heheh. my thoughts exactly.
hopefully he talks a walk near a grassy knol.

:angry:

owensmouth
If Garland chooses to go to salary arbitration this coming winter, management's gonna have a good time. He may have to take a salary cut this coming year.

santo=dorf
08-29-2004, 02:26 PM
If Garland chooses to go to salary arbitration this coming winter, management's gonna have a good time. He may have to take a salary cut this coming year.
And then he'll bitch about it.

dcb33
08-29-2004, 02:29 PM
Let's hope so, because management has said he's coming back. I don't like him any more than the rest of you, but you can't argue that he would be an upgrade in the 5th starter spot.
You're going to have problems when Ross Gload is hitting cleanup and Timo Perez is the DH, no matter who is pitching.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-29-2004, 02:32 PM
What is the reason for Guillen's punchless lineup card for this game? Can somebody help me out here...

Gload in LF? Timo as DH? This is a lineup only Jerry Manuel could love.

:jerry
"Be still my heart!"

owensmouth
08-29-2004, 02:33 PM
Let's hope so, because management has said he's coming back. I don't like him any more than the rest of you, but you can't argue that he would be an upgrade in the 5th starter spot.
You're going to have problems when Ross Gload is hitting cleanup and Timo Perez is the DH, no matter who is pitching.
On the other hand, when your starter gives up four home runs, you're gonna have a challenge keeping up even if you got your opening day lineup.

soxtalker
08-29-2004, 02:33 PM
One of the worst games I've seen in years, helped by one of the worst lineups I've seen in years.
Well, this will probably be a typical lineup for the remainder of the year. Next week, there will be more from the minors. And as painful as it is to watch, I'd rather see them playing now.

On a related note, I'm a bit disappointed that the Sox haven't been able to pull off any waiver deals. I'd much rather see Valentin (as well as a few others such as Everett and R. Alomar) on one of the contenders for the remaining month of the season. And we certainly could use the prospects.

santo=dorf
08-29-2004, 02:34 PM
What is the reason for Guillen's punchless lineup card for this game? Can somebody help me out here...

"Be still my heart!"How about Willie playing in CF because it was A-Row's birthday? I thought players tend to play well on their birthdays. :?:

dcb33
08-29-2004, 02:35 PM
On the other hand, when your starter gives up four home runs, you're gonna have a challenge keeping up even if you got your opening day lineup.
We would've been challenged today if Garland had only given up one home run.

Nard
08-29-2004, 02:36 PM
Really. Let ARow be a hero on his birthday and get some ESPN recognition or some bullcrap like that.

Ozzie has really been confusing the hell outta me these past few w... the whole season.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-29-2004, 02:36 PM
How about Willie playing in CF because it was A-Row's birthday? I thought players tend to play well on their birthdays. :?:
Rowand would be the starter if we had been playing at Anaheim today. Jerry Manuel summed it up best.

"Aaron's from around here, so we gave him the start."

PaleHoseGeorge
08-29-2004, 02:40 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Wills took a single caller. Smart move...

:smile:

"We're sending it to the boys in Bristol, and not a moment too soon!"

HaroMaster87
08-29-2004, 02:42 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Wills took a single caller. Smart move...

:smile:

"We're sending it to the boys in Bristol, and not a moment too soon!"
drill-rod...

soxlover
08-29-2004, 02:47 PM
WOW!! That was just plain terrible :angry:

RedPinStripes
08-29-2004, 02:50 PM
I cant remember the last time the Sox were this bad. Do i dare say late 80's?

PaleHoseGeorge
08-29-2004, 02:54 PM
I cant remember the last time the Sox were this bad. Do i dare say late 80's?The 1988-89 teams played at (or near) this level for several months in a row. If Ozzie's outfit still looks this bad next May, I'll start having acid flashbacks to the late-80's.

:)

soxlover
08-29-2004, 02:54 PM
Speaking of looking bad, What's up with Ken Harrelson's (Sun?) Glasses?
Trying to hide the fact that he works for the White Sox:D:

balke
08-29-2004, 02:56 PM
Ozzie made a good gut decision with that lineup card today. Maybe his gut tells him we should stick with it, and not score a run the rest of the season. "my gut says 4th in the division is the same as 2nd. Borchard is our new 5th starter."

PaleHoseGeorge
08-29-2004, 02:58 PM
Trying to hide the fact that he works for the White SoxIt could be worse. Hawk could look like this.
:chimp
"Thank God for grandpa or I'd be screaming "LASER SHOT!" in Lubbock."

Or sound like this.
:carter
"Theyb gotda rally cabs on!"

Or wear a bad toupee like this Lovable Loser.
:santo
"Oh, nooooo!"

mike squires
08-29-2004, 02:59 PM
Good one, no Hawk wears those things becasue the lights from the camera hurt his eyes. You are right though...all he needs is one of those fake mustaches...wait no...the nose would still give it away.

santo=dorf
08-29-2004, 03:03 PM
Perhaps he doesn't want to be recognized as the guy who predicted that Jon Garland would win 18 games this year. :dunno:

mike squires
08-29-2004, 03:04 PM
I'm glad I chose to clean the garage today instead of watching this gem of a ball game...

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/attach/jpg.gif

"Another WhiteSox loss. I'm tired of these damn box scores!!!"

JGarlandrules20
08-29-2004, 03:11 PM
Oh let it go...he SUCKS...do i need to post his numbers????Did I say anything about Garland?

2 hits against a 2-9 pitcher.. now that sucks.

And whether Garland gave up one run or 20 runs.. the sox still would have lost that game thanks to the poor offense.

JRIG
08-29-2004, 03:13 PM

"Be still my heart!"
Ozzie let Joe Nossek write out the lineup card today.

:versatile
"I was in left field until someone reminded Ozzie I was released!"

PaleHoseGeorge
08-29-2004, 03:15 PM
And whether Garland gave up one run or 20 runs.. the sox still would have lost that game thanks to the poor offense.Boy... this sounds VERY FAMILIAR...
:cool:

:jaime
"I can only pitch, I can't hit for the guys. And one run isn't going to do it."

...this after Navarro gave up nine runs.

LMAO!

Garland = Navarro.

Dick Allen
08-29-2004, 03:26 PM
Did I say anything about Garland?

2 hits against a 2-9 pitcher.. now that sucks.

And whether Garland gave up one run or 20 runs.. the sox still would have lost that game thanks to the poor offense.So what exactly does Garland rule? The waiver wire? Certainly not the baseball diamond.

Dick Allen
08-29-2004, 03:27 PM
If there was any justice in this world, these knuckleheads wouldn't get paid for today.

beckett21
08-29-2004, 03:31 PM
That was putrid. :angry:

TBGR: Going Through the Motions

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=2655

Frankfan4life
08-29-2004, 03:38 PM
It could be worse. Hawk could look like this.
:chimp
"Thank God for grandpa or I'd be screaming "LASER SHOT!" in Lubbock."

Or sound like this.
:carter
"Theyb gotda rally cabs on!"

Or wear a bad toupee like this Lovable Loser.
:santo
"Oh, nooooo!"Stop, stop it! It hurts too bad to laugh! :D: OUCH!

JGarlandrules20
08-29-2004, 03:49 PM
So what exactly does Garland rule? The waiver wire? Certainly not the baseball diamond.Its a username. I'm a Garland fan..one of very few around here.

iwannago
08-29-2004, 03:53 PM
Its a username. I'm a Garland fan..one of very few around here.
You got that right!

idseer
08-29-2004, 03:53 PM
i WAS a garland fan but i sure expected that by 2004 he'd have his stuff together.

but i must say it's also pretty childish to pick on someone because of their username.

Soxzilla
08-29-2004, 04:50 PM
I'm not quite sure how you can BE a garland fan after he badmouthed us all the other night.

But that's ok.:?:

Tonite's game was awful. And honestly, I'm tired of OZZIE.

MRKARNO
08-29-2004, 04:53 PM
Well Ozzie put out the worst possible lineup out there and in return his offense surrendered to Elarton.

JB98
08-29-2004, 06:07 PM
I'm not quite sure how you can BE a garland fan after he badmouthed us all the other night.

But that's ok.:?:

Why? Granted, today's lineup was ridiculous, but there isn't a soul on God's green earth who could guide this team to the playoffs. Compare our roster with the Twins, or even the Indians. With our injuries and lack of depth, we no longer have the talent to compete.

StillMissOzzie
08-29-2004, 06:18 PM

Please leave me and my username alone!!!

SMO
:rolleyes:

batmanZoSo
08-29-2004, 06:30 PM
:angry:
"I like to give the poor losers a break from their mundane everyday lives by throwing my flat sinker and cookie fastball for moonshots. I also like Phish, Radiohead..."

Lip Man 1
08-29-2004, 07:50 PM
Hawk said Garland would win 18 and that Harris would be one of the best 2nd basemen he's even seen.

Good thing he's still not the G.M. !

Lip

Viva Magglio
08-29-2004, 08:26 PM
Blow this team up, starting with KW.

nccwsfan
08-29-2004, 08:50 PM
Well Ozzie put out the worst possible lineup out there and in return his offense surrendered to Elarton.
What lineup would you have put out there? What would you have done different? Hindsight is 20/20 and we're all manager of the year after the fact- this team's all banged up and people expect Ozzie to throw pixie dust at these guys to get a 10 game winning streak in place.

What are your expectations of this team? Don't cop out and say "they should show a little heart"- they're major leaguers and they do have enough pride to put their best effort on the field.

Maybe this team isn't as talented as we originally thought they would be.

nccwsfan
08-29-2004, 08:53 PM
Blow this team up, starting with KW.
For what purpose do you get rid of KW? Don't you think he (KW) should work with Ozzie to bring in the players that fit into his (Ozzie's) game plan? What good will it do to bring in another GM?

MRKARNO
08-29-2004, 09:46 PM
What lineup would you have put out there? What would you have done different? Hindsight is 20/20 and we're all manager of the year after the fact.
I was actually going to post about how terrible the lineup was before the game even started in the Game Thread, but there was no game thread because fewer and fewer people are actually watching the games and paying attention to this team. Anyone could tell you that a game without Lee, Everett and Rowand and with Timo frickin Perez as the DH, Gload as the four hitter and Valentin, Crede, Borchard all in there is a cause for concern.

nccwsfan
08-30-2004, 06:45 AM
I was actually going to post about how terrible the lineup was before the game even started in the Game Thread, but there was no game thread because fewer and fewer people are actually watching the games and paying attention to this team. Anyone could tell you that a game without Lee, Everett and Rowand and with Timo frickin Perez as the DH, Gload as the four hitter and Valentin, Crede, Borchard all in there is a cause for concern.
I agree with you here- this is hardly a lineup that strikes fear in the hearts of other pitchers, but that goes with my point as well- there is nothing that Ozzie or Joe Torre can do with a lineup like this except throw them out there and let them play.

Lee was supposed to be held out until today (welcome back Caballo!), and I'm not certain why they held out Everett and Rowand except maybe to give them a day off. Let's just hope that some of these holes are fixed in the offseason so that lineups like this just go away for good.

Dick Allen
08-30-2004, 09:10 AM
i WAS a garland fan but i sure expected that by 2004 he'd have his stuff together.

but i must say it's also pretty childish to pick on someone because of their username.What do you mean childish? I wasn't picking on her, just asking a simple question. Take a deep breath and relax, fella.