PDA

View Full Version : ELo to Bullpen

bafiarocks03
08-29-2004, 11:26 AM
Read in the paper today..that the Yankees sent Esteban to the bullpen!..hmmmm.........

Lem_Siddons
08-29-2004, 05:07 PM
Link here http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/nyy/news/nyy_news.jsp?ymd=20040828&content_id=840823&vkey=news_nyy&fext=.jsp

The only sad thing is all this is Torre selected E-Lo ahead of Buerhle this season for the All-Star game.

I hope George enjoys writing the check for part of Jose's salary the next two seasons. :bandance:

Frankfan4life
08-30-2004, 11:04 PM
Read in the paper today..that the Yankees sent Esteban to the bullpen!..hmmmm.........I know others here don't, but I feel bad for E-Lo, that's quite a come-down from being a Cy Young candidate the year before and starting the year as our number 1 SP. Quite a humbling experience. The irony is had E-Lo stayed with the Sox, he would still be a starter, even pitching the way he's pitching now.

Hey good luck with that Super Fan contest thing. It will be so cool if you win. :bandance:
I may have to tape it because I don't get up that early.

JB98
08-31-2004, 02:08 AM
I also feel bad for Loaiza. I'm glad he's not on the Sox anymore because I think his arm is shot, but New York is just a horrible place to be traded to when you're struggling.

Nard
08-31-2004, 02:32 AM
Bitching about getting top 10 AL run support?

Whining that the NYC fans don't know baseball? (Unlike Carmine/Scrub bandwagons, NY fans tend to be real, true fans.)

Yeah, I feel REAL bad for Esty. :rolleyes:

HomeFish
08-31-2004, 02:49 AM
He wasn't lights-out when he was here, but he seems to have declined almost ten-fold upon the trade to New York.

JB98
08-31-2004, 12:52 PM
Bitching about getting top 10 AL run support?

Whining that the NYC fans don't know baseball? (Unlike Carmine/Scrub bandwagons, NY fans tend to be real, true fans.)

NY fans are idiots. They booed Jeter and A-Rod early in the year when they were struggling.

thepaulbowski
08-31-2004, 01:38 PM
NY fans are idiots. They booed Jeter and A-Rod early in the year when they were struggling.They boo when players don't play well & cheer when they do. I don't see the problem with that. It sounds pretty reasonable to me.

WSox8404
08-31-2004, 02:11 PM
NY fans are idiots. They booed Jeter and A-Rod early in the year when they were struggling.
So what? Fans have every right to boo anyone if they suck at any given time. The money we pay to go see a game goes towards their salaries, so we pay them some of their money. What happens if we suck at our job for a while? We get fired. Being booed while still being paid millions of bucks doesn't seem so bad.

bafiarocks03
08-31-2004, 04:59 PM
I know others here don't, but I feel bad for E-Lo, that's quite a come-down from being a Cy Young candidate the year before and starting the year as our number 1 SP. Quite a humbling experience. The irony is had E-Lo stayed with the Sox, he would still be a starter, even pitching the way he's pitching now.

Hey good luck with that Super Fan contest thing. It will be so cool if you win. :bandance:
I may have to tape it because I don't get up that early.
yea i feel bad for him too!! I don't know why we ever traded him!! thanks! i know! God i hope i win!! yea well i gotta get up at like 4!:bandance: :D:

CHISOXFAN13
08-31-2004, 05:11 PM
yea i feel bad for him too!! I don't know why we ever traded him!! thanks! i know! God i hope i win!! yea well i gotta get up at like 4!:bandance: :D:

I hope you are joking when you say you don't know why we traded him. We acquired a guy who has done a very solid job for this ballclub since coming over here, while Loaiza has done nothing in return.

Palehose13
08-31-2004, 05:14 PM

When did he do the above? Do you have a link? (Not doubting, but curious)

Paulwny
08-31-2004, 06:16 PM
When did he do the above? Do you have a link? (Not doubting, but curious)His comment was, "they're not playing the game, they don't know what's going on".
The link is in the 1st post in this thread. Hopefully the link is still available. I didn't check it.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38790