PDA

View Full Version : MVP thus far?

balke
08-29-2004, 02:36 AM
SOmeone's got to have done this already, but I'm not sure so I'm making one.

Out of
Bonds
Rolen
Pujols
Edmonds
Beltre
other?

I pick Rolen, cause he's playing through an injury. A lot of people say Bonds, and its pretty hard to dispute. I'm going with Rolen because I believe Cardinals stumble without him. He leads by example. Also, bonds sits out so often, he's not on the team everyday.

StillMissOzzie
08-29-2004, 03:01 AM
AL: I'll take Sheffield

NL: Jim Edmonds

SMO
:gulp:

MarkEdward
08-29-2004, 04:15 AM
NL MVP: Barry Bonds, and it's not even very close.
AL MVP: Gary Sheffield or Vladimir Guerrero, but my heart says Carlos Guillen.

NL Cy Young: Jason Schmidt.
AL Cy Young: Johan Santana; Curt Schilling is also deserving and my heart says Mulder.

NL Rookie of the Year: Khalil Greene.
AL Rookie of the Year: Lew Ford, though I'm not certain that he's a rookie. My heart says Bobby Crosby.

MRKARNO
08-29-2004, 12:04 PM
Anyone who doesnt say Bonds is really missing the whole point of the award. You can take anyone of those hitters off the Cardinals and they still have a great lineup. You can take Beltre out of the Dodger lineup and it still aint so bad. You can't take Bonds out of the Giants lineup and still expect the Giants to be above .500. He get's on base 60+ percent of the time! I've seen a lot of times when the 3 hitter gets a two out hit, Bonds is walked and a two out rally begins for SF. He has more HR/AB than anyone. He's going to destroy the single season walks record. His OBP will be the best all time most likely. His OPS will also probably be the best all time. He makes others around him a lot better (Compare Jeff Kent and Rich Aurellia's numbers in SF and outside of SF for proof). I think there's an intersting race for second place, but Bonds is the NL MVP hands down.

AL? Truly a tossup. I think a good case can be made for Manny Ramirez, Gary Sheffield and Vlad Guerrero. If Ichiro breaks the hits record, which he likely will, I think he has to be thrown into consideration as well.

NL Cy Young: Rob Neyer's Cy Young predictor stat points to Jason Schmidt. I dont know that a stronger case could be made for someone else.

AL Cy Young: It's a two horse race....Not between Santana and Mulder as some people have said, but between Santana and Mariano Rivera. If Rivera ties or breaks Thigpen's record, it's probably his. Otherwise it should be Santana's.

bigfoot
08-29-2004, 12:27 PM
Manager of the Year:

NL~Bobby Cox, Braves
AL~Buck Showalter, Rangers

MVP

NL~Bonds, until further notice
AL~Vlad, ManRam a close second

munchman33
08-29-2004, 01:24 PM
N.L. MVP: Bonds, SF (should be unanimous, but it won't for reasons other than baseball)

A.L. MVP: Ortiz, Bos

N.L. Cy Young: Schmidt, SF

A.L. Cy Young: Santana, MIN (boy does that hurt)

N.L. Rookie: Khalil Greene, SD

A.L. Rookie: Lew Ford, MIN (he does qualify)

SOXSINCE'70
08-30-2004, 09:44 PM
I'll take Rolen in the N.L.,Manny Ramirez in the A.L. (especially after what he did to the Sox 2 weekends ago).Between him,Gurerro and Ortiz,they scare the Hell out of the opposition.You don't know what pitches they will (or won't) swing at.And you could throw a pitch shoetop high to any of them and call it a mistake.I'l give Ichiro the "silver slugger" award.To record as many hits as he has in such a short time span,he deserves it.

SOXSINCE'70
08-30-2004, 09:47 PM
NL Cy Young: Rob Neyer's Cy Young predictor stat points to Jason Schmidt. I dont know that a stronger case could be made for someone else.
How about Carl Pavano??

MRKARNO
08-30-2004, 10:00 PM
How about Carl Pavano??
If they win the Wild Card and he doesnt regress at all then yes. Otherwise it'll probably be Schmidt.

OG4LIFE
08-30-2004, 10:48 PM
for rookie of the year, does morneau qualify?

and hey...

what about SHINGO TIME?!?!?!??!?!