PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Farnsworth = Nuke LaLoosh

StillMissOzzie
08-29-2004, 12:43 AM
"A million dollar arm with a $0.10 brain", (or something to that effect) - "Crash" Davis, from "Bull Durham"

After giving up a half-dozen to the Astros in the top of the 9th in yesterday's victory over the sCrUBS, he tossed his glove into the crowd and kicked a fan (the air-moving variety, not a denizen of Wrigley field) on his way to the clubhouse. Now the dumb SOB is on crutches, on the 15 day DL, and is expected to miss at least a few weeks.

While I agree that cheering injuries is poor sportmanship, is there an exemption / loophole for the self-inflicted variety?

SMO
:rolling:

SomebodyToldMe
08-29-2004, 01:00 AM
After giving up a half-dozen to the Astros in the top of the 9th in yesterday's victory over the sCrUBS, he tossed his glove into the crowd and kicked a fan (the air-moving variety, not a denizen of Wrigley field)
Of course it wasn't someone at Wrigley. They're not fans.

Frankfan4life
08-29-2004, 01:01 AM
I entirely agree with you. All this emotion is killing the Scrubs! They have turned out to be a big bunch of cry-babies.

This kind of lunacy is what happens when you think you are entitled to win every game instead of actually going about putting in the effort to win. I also don't have much sympathy for that jerk. I have more sympathy for the fan. He should have kicked an anvil.

SomebodyToldMe
08-29-2004, 01:10 AM
I also don't have much sympathy for that jerk.
BUT HE'S, LIKE, SO TOTALLY HAWT!!! THAT'S WHY THE WOMEN GO TO THE GAMES!!!

Erik The Red
08-29-2004, 01:14 AM
Hahaha, that reminds me of the time that what's-his-name got pissed after a bad outing and walked into the clubhouse and punched a fan and ended up on the DL. Who was that? It was back in the 80s or early 90s I think.

Mohoney
08-29-2004, 01:27 AM
I entirely agree with you. All this emotion is killing the Scrubs! They have turned out to be a big bunch of cry-babies.
I have never seen a team completely buckle like this under pressure. I mean, for the first time in about 20 years, the phrases "Chicago Cubs" and "World Series" have been linked in the national media WITHOUT it being in a joking manner. Everybody bought into this putrid Boston-North Side lovefest, and now each and every player on that team has been charged with magically undoing 96 years of history. Problem is, most of them are complete headcases!

According to Alou, every pitch that he doesn't swing at is a ball without question. Zambrano feels the need to run down the 3rd base line and share jibes with Jim Edmonds, then plunk him next time he steps up to the dish. Kerry Wood whines, Kyle Farnsworth kicks fans, and apparantly the offense wouldn't pee on Matt Clement if he were on fire.

The bullpen is unreliable, the defense is suspect in several areas, Mark Prior is a mere shadow of last year's Mark Prior, and even when this team got hot, San Francisco stayed right with them while playing a much tougher schedule.

This team will be joining us at home in October, so don't worry about a thing.

Frankfan4life
08-29-2004, 02:02 AM
I have never seen a team completely buckle like this under pressure. I mean, for the first time in about 20 years, the phrases "Chicago Cubs" and "World Series" have been linked in the national media WITHOUT it being in a joking manner. Everybody bought into this putrid Boston-North Side lovefest, and now each and every player on that team has been charged with magically undoing 96 years of history. Problem is, most of them are complete headcases!

According to Alou, every pitch that he doesn't swing at is a ball without question. Zambrano feels the need to run down the 3rd base line and share jibes with Jim Edmonds, then plunk him next time he steps up to the dish. Kerry Wood whines, Kyle Farnsworth kicks fans, and apparantly the offense wouldn't pee on Matt Clement if he were on fire.

The bullpen is unreliable, the defense is suspect in several areas, Mark Prior is a mere shadow of last year's Mark Prior, and even when this team got hot, San Francisco stayed right with them while playing a much tougher schedule.

This team will be joining us at home in October, so don't worry about a thing.Nice summation of the psycho-ward that calls themselves a team. Apparently Busty, the media and the band-wagon worshipers have turned this team into a bunch of whiny, spoiled brats.

I'm still amazed over how Alou, Prior and the rest of the cubbie-cult blamed a FAN (the flesh & blood variety) for their failure to win the 7th game of the NLCS. I just wonder who the Scrubs and their fans will pick as the "goat" for their failure this year.

StillMissOzzie
08-29-2004, 02:28 AM
I'm still amazed over how Alou, Prior and the rest of the cubbie-cult blamed a FAN (the flesh & blood variety) for their failure to win the 7th game of the NLCS.
Actually, that was game 6. They blew game 7 all on their own.

SMO
:gulp:

bigfoot
08-29-2004, 11:45 AM
[QUOTE........ just wonder who the Scrubs and their fans will pick as the "goat" for their failure this year.[/QUOTE]
Former CIA director George Tenet?

Nard
08-29-2004, 11:56 AM
I love cheering for injuries, but this one is going to hurt our cause rather than help it.

I can't even begin to think how many times I've seen Farnsworth pitch horribly. Yet the Lizard still trots him out there confidently.

This will help the Flubs if nothing.

HomeFish
08-29-2004, 12:59 PM
This will help the Flubs if nothing.

Yep -- they are still a very dangerous team, and I think that WSI will be in for a shock if they underestimate it.

And, remember, because of the injury, he'll be better rested for the postseason.

voodoochile
08-29-2004, 01:06 PM
Yep -- they are still a very dangerous team, and I think that WSI will be in for a shock if they underestimate it.

And, remember, because of the injury, he'll be better rested for the postseason.
ALL of WSI? Every single one of the 3500+ members?

I love it when people generalize...:dtroll:

PaleHoseGeorge
08-29-2004, 01:22 PM
Yes, indeed. Who can forget Fairy (Morning) Wood crying in front of the cameras, "I choked... I choked!"

Another great moment in Chicago sports history!

:gulp:

illinibk
08-29-2004, 02:02 PM
Ahh, all this talk about the cubs blowing the 3-1 lead with 5 outs from the WS, makes me want to listen to this (from Milwaukee radio the day after the game 7 of the NLCS):

http://www.czabe.com/audioclips/cubs_rant_long.mp3

Frankfan4life
08-29-2004, 03:52 PM

SMO
:gulp:Yes, of course, a slip-up on my part. I still get all choked up when I think those games. Classics.

SOXSINCE'70
08-29-2004, 06:14 PM
While I agree,the Sox also have a Nuke LaLoosh:maybe you've heard of him:

JON GARLAND!!!!!!!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

nccwsfan
08-30-2004, 07:07 AM
Hahaha, that reminds me of the time that what's-his-name got pissed after a bad outing and walked into the clubhouse and punched a fan and ended up on the DL. Who was that? It was back in the 80s or early 90s I think.
I think you're referring to Joaquin Andujar. He got shelled in Game 7 of the 85' World Series and went straight to the fan. The Royals and the fan won.

DumpJerry
08-30-2004, 07:37 AM
Yes, of course, a slip-up on my part. I still get all choked up when I think those games. Classics.No, Frankfan, you were right. Bartman was at Game 6, but when you listen to the Flub fans whine, you'd think he was at Game 7, too. After all, whenever they whined how they were "denied" the WS, they fail to mention how a certain starting pitcher who is well-known for his mental stability and coolness under fire load up the bases in Game 7 with walks before unloading a Grand Salami............oh no...it was all Bartman's fault.....yeah, that's it, Officer......after all, these are professional baseball players....:smile:

samram
08-30-2004, 09:00 AM

This kind of lunacy is what happens when you think you are entitled to win every game instead of actually going about putting in the effort to win. I also don't have much sympathy for that jerk. I have more sympathy for the fan. He should have kicked an anvil.
This is a great summation of this Cubs team, which is probably the most unlikeable in all of baseball, and I don't think it's just Sox fans that would say that. They've acted all year as if they would win if they just threw their gloves on the field. Meanwhile, any challenge to that feeling, whether by other teams, fans, or the media, has been met with scorn and disbelief. They're learning what it's like to have big expectations for the season, which very few players on that team have ever dealt with before. Maddux, Remlinger, Alou, and maybe Grudzielanek and Walker have. The rest of the players on that team have only had success in what were considered surprise seasons for their teams.

Baby Fisk
08-30-2004, 09:28 AM
This is a great summation of this Cubs team, which is probably the most unlikeable in all of baseball, and I don't think it's just Sox fans that would say that. They've acted all year as if they would win if they just threw their gloves on the field. Meanwhile, any challenge to that feeling, whether by other teams, fans, or the media, has been met with scorn and disbelief. They're learning what it's like to have big expectations for the season, which very few players on that team have ever dealt with before. Maddux, Remlinger, Alou, and maybe Grudzielanek and Walker have. The rest of the players on that team have only had success in what were considered surprise seasons for their teams.Add to that the Spectre of Cubism (the cult-like behaviour, not the art style) that is beginning to haunt every MLB ballpark to a greater extreme this year. For Pete's sake -- there were morons in Cub jerseys at Skydome when the Sox were in Toronto! It's like they WANT to be hated! :angry:

I like the analogy that someone came up with last week, that the Cubs are like a garage band that will never make it and blames everyone else for it. They expect to have success handed to them just because they take the field, but crumble under adversity.

Erik The Red
08-30-2004, 09:29 AM
I think you're referring to Joaquin Andujar. He got shelled in Game 7 of the 85' World Series and went straight to the fan. The Royals and the fan won. Ahh, I thought the Royals were involved somehow.

DumpJerry
08-30-2004, 10:48 AM
Ahh, all this talk about the cubs blowing the 3-1 lead with 5 outs from the WS, makes me want to listen to this (from Milwaukee radio the day after the game 7 of the NLCS):

http://www.czabe.com/audioclips/cubs_rant_long.mp3Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.................sw eet memories!:D: I loved it! Could not have said it better! Is there some way to highjack the next Flubs' broadcast with it so their zombie fans can hear how much their team loves them?

he_gone_89
09-02-2004, 08:57 PM
"A million dollar arm with a $0.10 brain", (or something to that effect) - "Crash" Davis, from "Bull Durham"

After giving up a half-dozen to the Astros in the top of the 9th in yesterday's victory over the sCrUBS, he tossed his glove into the crowd and kicked a fan (the air-moving variety, not a denizen of Wrigley field) on his way to the clubhouse. Now the dumb SOB is on crutches, on the 15 day DL, and is expected to miss at least a few weeks.

While I agree that cheering injuries is poor sportmanship, is there an exemption / loophole for the self-inflicted variety?

SMO
:rolling:
it still doesn't top Gus Frerotte. I laughed so hard after seeing that,i threw up