PDA

View Full Version : Garland in 2002 rotation it appears

Jerry_Manuel
10-04-2001, 06:18 PM
From the Suntimes:
Though Garland's last win as a starter came on Aug. 26, he lowered his ERA to 3.69 in his last appearance of the season. Has he shown enough to earn a spot in next season's rotation?

''With the way he has performed lately, it would have to be a situation where he'd really have to fall flat on his face to lose a job,'' Manuel said.

:burly:glove:jon
We are in!

Daver
10-04-2001, 06:22 PM
At this point the only players that are a lock for a position next year is Frank Thomas and Magglio Ordonez.

KempersRS
10-04-2001, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by daver
At this point the only players that are a lock for a position next year is Frank Thomas and Magglio Ordonez.

Durham is a lock. He may not be the guy we really want, but he isn't going anywhere.
:walk
Me either!

LongDistanceFan
10-04-2001, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS

Durham is a lock. He may not be the guy we really want, but he isn't going anywhere.
:walk
Me either! there is alot of players that are a lock for next season, mark b, jose v, among those who were mention.

oldcomiskey
10-04-2001, 10:19 PM
I noticed nobody mentioned Foulke or Konerko

duke of dorwood
10-04-2001, 10:38 PM
Back to the pitchers, we need one more left hander and one right hander.

GASHWOUND
10-05-2001, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey

Exacty. There are a whole bunch of locks on this team. I don't see KW dealing any of our big named players.(Lee, Durham, etc) But who Knows?

rmusacch
10-05-2001, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey

MY guess is that Foulke gets traded in the offseason. I hope I am not right but that is the way I see the chips falling.

Jerry_Manuel
10-05-2001, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
MY guess is that Foulke gets traded in the offseason. I hope I am not right but that is the way I see the chips falling.

Who would be our closer then?

RichieRichAllen
10-05-2001, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch

I've thought about that too, rm. With the glut of pitchers coming back next year and Foulke's value so high right now, KW might be shopping him in the off season. I seriously doubt we'd see Foulkey in '03 since Sox management probably wouldn't bite at his contract demands.

For the "right" player, it might not be a bad move. The key word here is "right" player. I wouldn't mind seeing a package deal that would bring us a bonafide #1 starting pitcher to the staff. If we really want to make a move at the title next year, why chance it on an iffy David Wells? And sorry, but Buehrle isn't a #1 starter (yet) although his future looks bright.

RichieRichAllen
10-05-2001, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Who would be our closer then?

Good question. Does anybody think Wells might have the stuff?

Daver
10-05-2001, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by RichieRichAllen

Good question. Does anybody think Wells might have the stuff?

Nope,that dog don't hunt.