PDA

View Full Version : Official 8-28 Postgame thread Jose now 4-1 here

gobears1987
08-29-2004, 12:36 AM
Adkins nearly blows it and Shingo gets another save to protect JC's 4th win here

gobears1987
08-29-2004, 12:38 AM
Come on! The Sox won! Are you people gong to post how happy you are?

Cowch44
08-29-2004, 12:38 AM
I'm shocked that we ground into 4 Dps and still won.

gobears1987
08-29-2004, 12:39 AM
I'm shocked that we ground into 4 Dps and still won. It's called we hit the HR with 2 men on> OMG!!!:o:

Soxzilla
08-29-2004, 12:40 AM
A great game by Jose.

But we can't thank kenny williams for jose contreras, because you know....this is all KW's fault we are losing!

MRKARNO
08-29-2004, 12:41 AM
Contreras looked pretty darn good tonight. He really showed me something when after nearly blowing up entirely in the 6th, he came back and struck Broussard out with 2 RISP. Maybe this performance can inspire the other pitchers on this staff to get back on a roll.

gobears1987
08-29-2004, 12:43 AM
I love the trade for Jose. Elo is 0-2 in 5 starts with an ERA above 7 with the YankMEES. I'm glad he is losing while Jose is winning

voodoochile
08-29-2004, 12:44 AM
A great game by Jose.

But we can't thank kenny williams for jose contreras, because you know....this is all KW's fault we are losing!
Sox win Sox win... :D:

Soxzilla
08-29-2004, 12:45 AM
Sox win Sox win... :D:
:o: You can't tell me you weren't worried after they had 2 runners on with 2 outs and matt lawton up.

Jinxer.

voodoochile
08-29-2004, 12:51 AM
:o: You can't tell me you weren't worried after they had 2 runners on with 2 outs and matt lawton up.

Jinxer.
No, I never expect them to lose, never. I knew they would win and they did. How can I be a jinxer when they still won?

You know why people believe in jinxes, because when something happens bad, people look for reasons - "It must have been that guys saying, 'sox win sox win'."

But when they win, no one looks for excuses. Now you know for a fact - you have evidence sitting before you that it does not jinx the team to say that in advance.

Personally, you typing 3-run homer is WAY more of a jinx as far as I am concerned. So from my perspective, YOU were the jinx and look, they STILL won...

No such thing as a jinx or a curse.

Sox win sox win... :bandance: :D: :drunken:

South Side
08-29-2004, 12:53 AM
No, I never expect them to lose, never. I knew they would win and they did. How can I be a jinxer when they still won?

You know why people believe in jinxes, because when something happens bad, people look for reasons - "It must have been that guys saying, 'sox win sox win'."

But when they win, no one looks for excuses. Now you know for a fact - you have evidence sitting before you that it does not jinx the team to say that in advance.

Personally, you typing 3-run homer is WAY more of a jinx as far as I am concerned. So from my perspective, YOU were the jinx and look, they STILL won...

No such thing as a jinx or a curse.

Sox win sox win... :bandance: :D: :drunken:

What?
:tongue:
Sox win!

MRKARNO
08-29-2004, 12:54 AM
When Valentin leaves next year can we use the Joseeeeeeeee Jose Jose Joseeeeeeee chant for Contreras?

Whitesox029
08-29-2004, 12:58 AM
At this point it's just like "yeah....we won....great....what's for dinner?"
You know what I'm saying?

voodoochile
08-29-2004, 01:04 AM
Better than "Yeah, they lost... sucks... what's for dinner," no?" :)

Whitesox029
08-29-2004, 01:10 AM
Better than "Yeah, they lost... sucks... what's for dinner," no?" :)touché, voodoo.

Lip Man 1
08-29-2004, 01:43 AM
What I liked was the fact that Ozzie wasted no time getting that clown Adkins out immediately. None of this 'let's build the kid's confidence' crap.

Adkins is a mediocre pitcher who has no business being on the roster and if Williams has any intention of putting togehter a top flight pitching staff next year there better not be a place on it for him or the 'human walk machine,' Neil Cotts.

Lip

MRKARNO
08-29-2004, 02:01 AM
What I liked was the fact that Ozzie wasted no time getting that clown Adkins out immediately. None of this 'let's build the kid's confidence' crap.

Adkins is a mediocre pitcher who has no business being on the roster and if Williams has any intention of putting togehter a top flight pitching staff next year there better not be a place on it for him or the 'human walk machine,' Neil Cotts.

Lip
I agree with you wholeheartedly on Adkins, but I think Cotts deserves another chance. He must be doing something right if he can strike out as many as he does. I think if we go into next year with him as our long reliever, then wouldnt be the worst thing in the world, but he should not occupy an important bullpen spot. Adkins is a joke and his 3 ERA earlier was not really telling the whole story as much as the 1.55ish WHIP was.

balke
08-29-2004, 02:12 AM
When Valentin leaves next year can we use the Joseeeeeeeee Jose Jose Joseeeeeeee chant for Contreras?
Thats what I SAID!!! And.... YEAH!

Mohoney
08-29-2004, 02:38 AM

Lip
Throw in Jon Garland, too. I'm so sick of these three serving up absolute taters. Maybe Bajenaru can win a spot in this bullpen next year. Maybe we can trade for a starter, and sign a free agent starter and a free agent lefty reliever. Next year's pitching overhaul could look something like this

OUT:
Garland
Cotts
Adkins
5th Starter Nightmare
Jackson

IN:
Bajenaru
Free Agent Starter
Free Agent Reliever
Starter acquired in Trade
Diaz (in a long relief role)

DickAllen72
08-29-2004, 02:49 AM

You know, if we win tomorrow and the Twins lose, we'll be back at .500, in sole possession of second place and seven games out of first with over a month to go. Stranger things have happened...
:gulp:

Realist
08-29-2004, 10:05 AM
Throw in Jon Garland, too. I'm so sick of these three serving up absolute taters. Maybe Bajenaru can win a spot in this bullpen next year. Maybe we can trade for a starter, and sign a free agent starter and a free agent lefty reliever. Next year's pitching overhaul could look something like this

OUT:
Garland
Cotts
Adkins
5th Starter Nightmare
Jackson

IN:
Bajenaru
Free Agent Starter
Free Agent Reliever
I like the idea of keeping Garland as the 5th starter and going out and getting one more No. 2 guy. Garland has proven himself to be a very reliable 5th starter and who knows, someday he may actually "grow a pair" and stop squatting when he pees.

Brian26
08-29-2004, 10:21 AM

LipAdkins and Cotts have both looked unhittable at times this season. I think Adkins is better than mediocre. He seems to have caught the homerun bug lately. I still think there's a place for both guys on the team once they gain a little more experience. For Cotts, that would mean learning not to throw a changeup on an 0-2 pitch when he's blown the heater past the batter for the first two strikes.

Brian26
08-29-2004, 10:23 AM
You know, if we win tomorrow and the Twins lose, we'll be back at .500, in sole possession of second place and seven games out of first with over a month to go. Stranger things have happened...
:gulp:
If we run the table against the Twins or win 5 of 6, that would put is 1 out or 3 out, respectively. You never know.

Mohoney
08-29-2004, 10:54 AM
Garland has proven himself to be a very reliable 5th starter and who knows, someday he may actually "grow a pair" and stop squatting when he pees.
I'm done waiting for this guy. If he doesn't have guts now, he's never going to have them. Give me Gil Meche. At least the guy seems to give a damn.

MRKARNO
08-29-2004, 11:49 AM
Adkins and Cotts have both looked unhittable at times this season. I think Adkins is better than mediocre. He seems to have caught the homerun bug lately. I still think there's a place for both guys on the team once they gain a little more experience. For Cotts, that would mean learning not to throw a changeup on an 0-2 pitch when he's blown the heater past the batter for the first two strikes.
Cotts I'll agree with you on, but it only seems that Adkins is unhittable when the game isn't a close one either way, Whenever it is a close game, he's be terrible. Cotts has gotten us out of some jams this year and in general has done a good job except for maybe a few times. He has also pitched in more close games than Adkins. If Cotts could learn how to pitch in the zone more and cut down on his walks, I think he'd be pretty good.

Soxzilla
08-29-2004, 12:29 PM

OUT:
Garland
Cotts
Adkins
5th Starter Nightmare
Jackson

IN:
Bajenaru
Free Agent Starter
Free Agent Reliever
I agree with a lot of this. But I personally wouldn't mind seeing cotts or adkins being in the bullpen next year. Like someone said in this thread, adkins pitches good when the game isn't close. Which is actually the type of situation we would use him in for all of next year. Cotts can go in there and get a strike out whenever we need. However, I'd personally like him to go back down to AAA to start more games for charlotte, so he can be back up here in 2 years. We won't have these amazing starters forever, and when garcia or whoever leaves in a few years, it would be nice to bring up some of our minor league starters, or at least one with the quality and talent of Neal Cotts.

Now, as for Garland, unless you can trade him for the likes of a Gil meche, sure why not. But, if we do grab a good FA pitcher, we can afford to put jon boy in the fifth starter spot, and well, if he does develope into something better than a .500 pitcher, BONUS!

I wouldn't mind seeing 2 new good bullpen arms...like uhhh, URBINA!:bandance: