PDA

View Full Version : The worst defensive sequence I have seen in a long time

MRKARNO
08-28-2004, 04:39 PM
Top of the second in the Cubs game today, two out, bases loaded 2-0 astros. Bagwell hits a grounder to Lee who dives for it, gets it and flips to Zambrano....who drops it. One run in. Zambrano throws home as Biggio attempts to score and the ball gets by Barrett. After Barrett gets the ball, Beltran scores right in front of him as no one is covering the bag. For anyone who is afraid that the Cubs are going to make some noise this year in the playoffs if they get there, be consoled that their defense is probably at the point where it will lose them an important game or two.

santo=dorf
08-28-2004, 04:44 PM
GOD, I wish I was listening to it on the radio to hear Ron's expert analysis.

:santo
"OHHHHH MANNNN! You just can't do that Pat. God! It just doesn't seem that things go our way."

samram
08-28-2004, 04:55 PM
GOD, I wish I was listening to it on the radio to hear Ron's expert analysis.

:santo
"OHHHHH MANNNN! You just can't do that Pat. God! It just doesn't seem that things go our way."
No, of course things don't go your way when for two straight years you finish the season playing the worst teams in the league for a month, and you don't face the two best teams in your division after August 29th. Jeez.:rolleyes:

As for that play, I was looking for the Volkswagen Beetle full of clowns to come onto the field.

SoxFan76
08-28-2004, 05:59 PM
Cub fans are in for a rude awakening. Prior and Wood showed they couldn't handle the pressures of a big game last year against the Marlins. They have no bullpen, and they are probably one of the worst defensive teams in baseball. Ramirez, Sosa, Alou, whoever plays 2nd for them, and even an overrated Nomar makes his share of mistakes.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-28-2004, 06:10 PM
Point of this Thread=Cubs Suck!

Jjav829
08-28-2004, 06:46 PM
This years Cubs team is really similar to Sox teams of the past few years only with potential to have much better pitching. Their offense is very streaky and all or nothing. Their bullpen is shaky at best and their defense (save Derrek Lee and Patterson) has been very shaky. Of course the difference between their team this year and the Sox of the past few years is their rotation.

Nomar singles to put the Cubs within 1. Come on Astros!

bigfoot
08-28-2004, 08:10 PM
MK, I think this could have been renamed, 'Worst defensive sequence not involving Scammin' Sammy, in a long time. But I'm still ROFLMAO!

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

DumpJerry
08-31-2004, 05:15 PM
I saw that play as I walked into the locker room at my health club up north. Some high school-aged Flub fans were watching it and I was behuind them laughing......they did not appreciate my chortles but had nothing to say.:bandance:

That play is further proof that the Flubs are running on vapors......

misty60481
08-31-2004, 06:58 PM
I liked the one were Scammy dove for the ball and it hit him on head