PDA

View Full Version : Garcia Should Be Ready Tuesday

JRIG
08-28-2004, 09:29 AM
But...

An injury like Garcia's often moves up to the elbow, but tests indicate Garcia is in good shape.

That's still scary as far as I'm concerned, especially for a guy we've got $27 million invested in.

Garcia appears to be OK (http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sox.asp)

SOXSINCE'70
08-28-2004, 03:58 PM
He could have gone Friday but was held back as a precautionary measure.Not that it matters the way this team has played ball the past month and a half!!!

:corpseball

4 years and counting.When does the situation change?? I'll hang
up and wait for my answer,Kenny.

gosox41
08-28-2004, 04:52 PM
He could have gone Friday but was held back as a precautionary measure.Not that it matters the way this team has played ball the past month and a half!!!

:corpseball

4 years and counting.When does the situation change?? I'll hang
up and wait for my answer,Kenny.
If we're going to rest the guy, I don't think the extra 5 days are going to matter. Shut him down for a couple of weeks. There's too much invested in him to pitch in meaningless games when he told you outright that he's in pain.

Maybe I'm being overly cautious but seeing as how we have no pitching that looks like it can be effective let alone as good as Garcia in the minor leagues, there's no sense screwing around for next year.

Plus it also gives us a chance to see what Grilli can do. Maybe he can be a fifth type starter or at least an effective reliever. But the way to find out is to pitch him.

So you can pretty much bet that if Garcia pitches the rest of this year and has any sort of elbow problems or pain in the fore arm next year I will be back to blame management for not being cautious enough in meaningless games in September.

Bob

soxtalker
08-28-2004, 07:09 PM
If we're going to rest the guy, I don't think the extra 5 days are going to matter. Shut him down for a couple of weeks. There's too much invested in him to pitch in meaningless games when he told you outright that he's in pain.

Maybe I'm being overly cautious but seeing as how we have no pitching that looks like it can be effective let alone as good as Garcia in the minor leagues, there's no sense screwing around for next year.

Plus it also gives us a chance to see what Grilli can do. Maybe he can be a fifth type starter or at least an effective reliever. But the way to find out is to pitch him.

So you can pretty much bet that if Garcia pitches the rest of this year and has any sort of elbow problems or pain in the fore arm next year I will be back to blame management for not being cautious enough in meaningless games in September.

Bob
I agree. It may be painful to watch, but give the minor-league guys a chance to pitch in September. I only want to see our top guys as much as it is necessary for them to keep in shape. We may get surprised (positively) with one or two of the youngsters.

batmanZoSo
08-28-2004, 08:06 PM

Bob:KW
I refuse to accept that we don't have enough talent to win this thing.