PDA

View Full Version : *Official* post-game thread: 8-27 loss to Cleveland

PaleHoseGeorge
08-27-2004, 08:43 PM
bla!

balboner
08-27-2004, 08:45 PM
I actually give Grilli credit for fighting back after his horrible start. At least he showed some guts, unlike Stewart and Munoz. Ozzie's managing is just terrible right now. He really doesn't understand the whole concept of putting the team in the best chance to win. It's happened way too many times.

santo=dorf
08-27-2004, 08:45 PM
Hawk seems angry that Jose didn't Pinch hit. 3 Runs on 9 hits?!?! :anon:

Jurr
08-27-2004, 08:46 PM
Boyyyyyy.....Redskins and Rams on the tube. What a game.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-27-2004, 08:46 PM
It was over quickly, 2 hours and 33 minutes.

:wink:

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-27-2004, 08:47 PM
Suck Fabathia!

idseer
08-27-2004, 08:51 PM
Suck Fabathia!
i don't get it ... please explain.

JB98
08-27-2004, 08:55 PM
Hawk seems angry that Jose didn't Pinch hit. 3 Runs on 9 hits?!?! :anon:

Jose should have pinch-hit for Alomar. Might as well swing for the fences in that situation. I have no idea why Alomar is on the team. He was done two years ago. He's brutal.

At least Grilli didn't totally implode and throw out our bullpen for another week. Very few positives tonight.

idseer
08-27-2004, 08:57 PM
Jose should have pinch-hit for Alomar. Might as well swing for the fences in that situation. I have no idea why Alomar is on the team. He was done two years ago. He's brutal.

At least Grilli didn't totally implode and throw out our bullpen for another week. Very few positives tonight.
hey! we have 2 streaks going. lee and aaron with 11 game hitting streaks.
you gotta take what you can get. :smile:

PaleHoseGeorge
08-27-2004, 08:58 PM
Wills is trying to avoid the phone lines... can't say I blame 'em.
:smile:

:wills
"Have I mentioned South Oak Dodge and the new Dodge Magnum? Meltie says it has a bit of a kick.... and don't forget about the Mustangs at South Oak Ford... are we ready to take a break?"

RKMeibalane
08-27-2004, 08:59 PM
i don't get it ... please explain.
Teal. Use teal.

santo=dorf
08-27-2004, 09:00 PM
i don't get it ... please explain.Switch the first letter of each word with each other. :D:

RKMeibalane
08-27-2004, 09:00 PM
:hurt :maggs

"White Sox Baseball: You Will Get Nothing and Like It"

idseer
08-27-2004, 09:02 PM
Switch the first letter of each word with each other. :D:
omg i actually got an explanation! :roflmao:

idseer
08-27-2004, 09:03 PM
Teal. Use teal.
i don't believe in teal. :cool:

santo=dorf
08-27-2004, 09:04 PM
i don't believe in teal. :cool:
Well that's why you got me. :?:

santo=dorf
08-27-2004, 09:07 PM
Marte pitched 1 inning and had three k's. Where was this Damaso before tonight's game? :angry:

PaleHoseGeorge
08-27-2004, 09:11 PM
I'm guessing somewhere out on the internet, there is a message board this evening getting peppered with countless "Fire Lovie" and "Jerry Angelo is an idiot" posts.

:cool:

Lip Man 1
08-27-2004, 09:36 PM
Geez, you mean the Sox lost another game started by a 5th starter?

Big surprise!

Lip

greenpeach
08-27-2004, 10:47 PM
I was on a hot date, did I miss anything ??

mdep524
08-27-2004, 11:19 PM
Just one question:

The Sox have faced Sabathia FOUR times now this season, and yet today they were flailing away at his change up as if they had never seen it before and were generally stymied as if this was all new to them. Meanwhile, when the Tigers saw Freddie twice in one week, they pummeled him the second time, as has happened several times to Sox starters ontheir second time around.

My question: why is it that other teams can adjust to White Sox pitchers over the course of a season/game, but Sox hitters make no improvements in their approach to opposing pitchers who just "have their number"? :(:

Win1ForMe
08-27-2004, 11:28 PM
Just one question:

The Sox have faced Sabathia FOUR times now this season, and yet today they were flailing away at his change up as if they had never seen it before and were generally stymied as if this was all new to them. Meanwhile, when the Tigers saw Freddie twice in one week, they pummeled him the second time, as has happened several times to Sox starters ontheir second time around.

My question: why is it that other teams can adjust to White Sox pitchers over the course of a season/game, but Sox hitters make no improvements in their approach to opposing pitchers who just "have their number"? :(:Garcia getting pounded had nothing to do with the Tigers seeing him again. Every team in the league would have hit him hard that night with the meatballs he was throwing to the plate. I personally think "seeing a pitcher again" is overrated, especially if the pitcher is a proven winner.

Iguana775
08-28-2004, 12:05 AM
Marte pitched 1 inning and had three k's. Where was this Damaso before tonight's game? :angry:
We werent ahead in this game, maybe...

mdep524
08-28-2004, 12:15 AM
Garcia getting pounded had nothing to do with the Tigers seeing him again. Every team in the league would have hit him hard that night with the meatballs he was throwing to the plate. I personally think "seeing a pitcher again" is overrated, especially if the pitcher is a proven winner.
True, Garcia didn't have his great stuff that night, so its not the best example. But the fact remains the Sox as a team make ZERO adjustments at the plate against a pitcher who gives them fits. Vazquez, Santana, Radke, Sabathia... Sox hitters take their same approach up there no matter what the results are. (This is especially true against guys with good change ups.) Other teams however seem to develop and modify their gameplans at the plate over time.

Nellie_Fox
08-28-2004, 12:41 AM
jose is are best cluch hitterIs are?

Dan H
08-28-2004, 08:34 AM
Didn't see the game. All I can say is another day, another loss.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-28-2004, 08:45 AM
Didn't see the game. All I can say is another day, another loss.
Our fifth starter was on the mound. You can be forgiven for finding something better to do with your time.
:smile:

Hey, maybe the Sox can issue partial-season refunds to their "season reservation holders" for every fifth game the Sox play? It only seems fair.
:o:

:reinsy
"Refund? REFUND??? Omigod!!!"

<faints>