PDA

View Full Version : WGN SuperFan

bafiarocks03
08-27-2004, 04:17 PM
OMG..you guys know about that Pepsi Sox/Cubs Super Fan contest right...ya ok...well i entered that..and i won..im one of the 3 finalists to appear on WGN Morning News on Wed...around like 7!! and i get 30 seconds to tell why they should pick me..and in my essay..i said that i cry when i meet sox players..and i guess the WGN people liked that..and i have to say that on the air and i have to bring my sister's cutout of magglio cuz i used that in the pictures... and omg i can't believe I won!! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Brian26
08-27-2004, 04:25 PM
I thought about entering that....

for about 2 seconds.

Then I realized I wouldn't know what the hell to do with a "year's supply of Pepsi". And the other prize was tickets to one game for you and 9 other friends? Didn't seem worth the effort :D:

But I don't mean to be negative. Good Luck and have fun on the morning news!

manuelsucks
08-27-2004, 04:40 PM
Congratulations!! I was thinking about applying, but they wouldn't want me. They want young hoodlums like you. Have fun!! I'll be watching!!

jshanahanjr
08-27-2004, 05:08 PM
Way to go! I hope you can punch out the Cub finalists. Especially that clown with the W Flag.

Magglios_Girl
08-27-2004, 05:23 PM
OMG..you guys know about that Pepsi Sox/Cubs Super Fan contest right...ya ok...well i entered that..and i won..im one of the 3 finalists to appear on WGN Morning News on Wed...around like 7!! and i get 30 seconds to tell why they should pick me..and in my essay..i said that i cry when i meet sox players..and i guess the WGN people liked that..and i have to say that on the air and i have to bring my sister's cutout of magglio cuz i used that in the pictures... and omg i can't believe I won!! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:
Wow congratulations! I thought about entering too but I forgot all about it. :rolleyes: Oh well.
I hope you have fun on WGN News. And if they let you give out shoutouts...we better be the first ones on your list :tongue: (just kidding!).

Kick cub ass! Go White Sox!!!

Hangar18
08-27-2004, 05:26 PM
Congrats brother. Stand Proud and see if you can wear a WSI tshirt on the air

bafiarocks03
08-27-2004, 06:19 PM
ya maybe i will metion WSI on the air.....thats a good idea....its soo cool!!....

JGarlandrules20
08-27-2004, 07:29 PM
That's awesome! Good luck Wednesday!

StillMissOzzie
08-28-2004, 01:18 AM
Congratulations and good luck! And just what is "A year's supply" of Pepsi, anyhow? 52 cases?

SMO
:gulp:

34 Inch Stick
08-28-2004, 12:19 PM
Here is what you do with your 30 seconds. First come dressed in a goat costume. Bring a Cub flag with you and hide it so no one can tell what you are doing. As soon as the red lite goes on whip out the flag and get down on all fours like a goat. Proceed to urinate/defecate on the flag and when finished, wipe up with it. All the while, the only thing you say is BAAAAAA-rtman, in a sheep bleating voice.

Call it performance art.

I will cover the cost for the year's supply of Pepsi AND 9 tickets to any game if you do that.

markp8867
08-28-2004, 01:23 PM
OMG..you guys know about that Pepsi Sox/Cubs Super Fan contest right...ya ok...well i entered that..and i won..im one of the 3 finalists to appear on WGN Morning News on Wed...around like 7!! and i get 30 seconds to tell why they should pick me..and in my essay..i said that i cry when i meet sox players..and i guess the WGN people liked that..and i have to say that on the air and i have to bring my sister's cutout of magglio cuz i used that in the pictures... and omg i can't believe I won!!
WAY TO GO SARA!!!

I can definitely believe you won...you are the ultimate Sox superfan! I am definitely going to watch and tape the show. I can't wait! Hopefully they will have some Sox players there too. GO SARA GO!!!

:dtroll:

Mohoney
08-28-2004, 05:24 PM
Congratulations and good luck! And just what is "A year's supply" of Pepsi, anyhow? 52 cases?

SMO
52 cases would only last me until June. A better idea for me would be 365 2 liters.

Mohoney
08-28-2004, 05:27 PM
Here is what you do with your 30 seconds. First come dressed in a goat costume. Bring a Cub flag with you and hide it so no one can tell what you are doing. As soon as the red lite goes on whip out the flag and get down on all fours like a goat. Proceed to urinate/defecate on the flag and when finished, wipe up with it. All the while, the only thing you say is BAAAAAA-rtman, in a sheep bleating voice.

Call it performance art.

I will cover the cost for the year's supply of Pepsi AND 9 tickets to any game if you do that.
I would chip in half to make this happen. 183 2 liter bottles of Pepsi and 5 tickets to a Sox game is a small price to pay to see WGN's morning show turn into a free-for-all.

owensmouth
08-28-2004, 06:03 PM

SMO
Two cans

JGarlandrules20
09-01-2004, 04:17 PM
OMG..you guys know about that Pepsi Sox/Cubs Super Fan contest right...ya ok...well i entered that..and i won..im one of the 3 finalists to appear on WGN Morning News on Wed...around like 7!! and i get 30 seconds to tell why they should pick me..and in my essay..i said that i cry when i meet sox players..and i guess the WGN people liked that..and i have to say that on the air and i have to bring my sister's cutout of magglio cuz i used that in the pictures... and omg i can't believe I won!!I saw you! You so should have won.. all that other girl did was jump around. She didn't prove she was a "superfan."
You cry when you meet the players...lol that's cute. Those pictures were pretty crazy..lol..but in a good way.

I liked that "year" supply of pepsi, hah.

bafiarocks03
09-01-2004, 04:24 PM
I saw you! You so should have won.. all that other girl did was jump around. She didn't prove she was a "superfan."
You cry when you meet the players...lol that's cute. Those pictures were pretty crazy..lol..but in a good way.

I liked that "year" supply of pepsi, hah.
i know i should have!! cheerleaders! god!! yea that Mike guy (when i said i cry) was like aweee....haha!! i know i love my room! its soo pretty!

Magglios_Girl
09-01-2004, 04:51 PM
yea that Mike guy (when i said i cry) was like aweee....haha!!
Yeah I heard him say that too! And he said you were cute when it was your turn, aww.

Did you get my e-mail?

BigEdWalsh
09-01-2004, 05:06 PM
Jeez! Here I was all geared up to watch tomorrow morning and then I realized today IS Wednesday. I'm all screwed up because my days off at work recently changed from Sun/Mon to Mon/Tues.

Well, too bad you didn't win but it's very COOL that you were even a finalist. Ya done us all proud! :D:

:army

bafiarocks03
09-01-2004, 07:13 PM
Jeez! Here I was all geared up to watch tomorrow morning and then I realized today IS Wednesday. I'm all screwed up because my days off at work recently changed from Sun/Mon to Mon/Tues.

Well, too bad you didn't win but it's very COOL that you were even a finalist. Ya done us all proud! :D:

:army
thanks! and i even metioned WSI!:bandance:

Jjav829
09-01-2004, 07:19 PM
Is it going to be replayed at any time? I know CLTV usually replays something from the morning news Wednesdays at 8 but today the Scrubs game is on. Did they tell you anything about it?

Foulke You
09-01-2004, 07:20 PM
Let me guess, was it a Cubs fan that won the contest? Being on Tribune owned WGN and all, you would think the contest was rigged from the start. Congrats on representing White Sox Nation anyway.:cool:

South Side
09-01-2004, 10:35 PM
What did you say about WSI? Too bad you didn't win.

bafiarocks03
09-01-2004, 10:44 PM
What did you say about WSI? Too bad you didn't win.
just said that i spend soo much time on here!!!

Fungo
09-02-2004, 12:05 AM
Sara,

You were outstanding. Hands down the super fan in my book. Great plug and great performance. You did us proud.

Go Sox !!

GiveMeSox
09-02-2004, 02:18 AM
Thats awsome man. Tell us what happens when its over, some of us are out of town. Also tell us what you win, hopefully some sox stuff.

alohafri
09-02-2004, 11:01 AM
Good luck! And tell Roseanne Tellez I love her! :rolleyes:

mike squires
09-02-2004, 11:43 AM
I thought abuot enterering also. I sat down to write me wrote my essay. After 2 hours I was finsihed and was looking at a blank piece of paper...wish I could have seen you but I got this Thursday morning.