PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Fans pick fights with Sox Fans!!

SoxPAguy
08-27-2004, 01:33 PM
Its true it just happened to me about 10 min ago here at school (Purdue). I was in the union going to the copy store to get a book I need and wearing my Sox hat of course. They guy working the counter to get me my book looks at me and says "Gosh darn sox fan" and immediatly starts arguing with me as i soon as i get in the door. So i respond "Gosh Darn cub fans". And that seemed to do it there he went with look at our record and stadnings, look our stadium is always sold out, wrigley is awsome, no one goes to sox games, we sell out blah blah. The guy then asked me "How are the sox doing i have been in Washington all summer and haven't followed baseball"!! I just lauged inside a lot. I told them they are a .500 team but without frank and maggs wont make it. He didn't even know what happened to them. Gosh i tell you this guy wasn't even wearing a cub hat or anything and said he was from indianapolis. The cubs and there fans are so stupid. They havve created a fan base out of out of town know nothings who claim cubdom based on popularity and thus assume they should despise the sox. What a joke they are so pathetic. I just assumed this guy was another case of an out of town cub fan. ANd of course i was right. The Cubs might make $$$ by appealing to this joke of a fanbase and creating a stir amongst non real baseball fans, but they are soon becomining a laughing stock of the league for all teams fans to point at.

Rocky Soprano
08-27-2004, 01:40 PM
You should of asked him, hey arent you Bartman? You look a lot like him. I bet that would of shut him up REAL quick!

HomeFish
08-27-2004, 02:21 PM
The biggest Cub fan I know is a freshman at Purdue this year, so its only going to get worse for you.

Jerko
08-27-2004, 02:27 PM
A Purdue student said that? So does he root against Purdue when they play at Michigan because they (Michigan) get more fans and are sold out all the time?

Uncle_Patrick
08-27-2004, 02:39 PM
:moron

"Sounds like more Sox fans causing trouble to me. Those Sox hats are an invitation for confrontation. When will you animals learn?"

PatK
08-27-2004, 03:12 PM
After he said he didn't follow baseball this year, you should asked him "Well then, I guess you didn't hear about Sammy coming out of the closet".

Foulke You
08-27-2004, 03:21 PM
:moron

"Sounds like more Sox fans causing trouble to me. Those Sox hats are an invitation for confrontation. When will you animals learn?"
LOL!!:D:

Dick Allen
08-27-2004, 03:26 PM
My nephew is a Purdue student and a big sox fan. I hope he comes across that same guy eventually.

DumpJerry
08-27-2004, 05:21 PM
After he said he didn't follow baseball this year, you should asked him "Well then, I guess you didn't hear about Sammy coming out of the closet".:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

DrCrawdad
08-27-2004, 05:49 PM
Its true it just happened to me about 10 min ago here at school (Purdue). I was in the union going to the copy store to get a book I need and wearing my Sox hat of course. They guy working the counter to get me my book looks at me and says "Gosh darn sox fan" and immediatly starts arguing with me as i soon as i get in the door. So i respond "Gosh Darn cub fans". And that seemed to do it there he went with look at our record and stadnings, look our stadium is always sold out, wrigley is awsome, no one goes to sox games, we sell out blah blah. The guy then asked me "How are the sox doing i have been in Washington all summer and haven't followed baseball"!! I just lauged inside a lot. I told them they are a .500 team but without frank and maggs wont make it. He didn't even know what happened to them. Gosh i tell you this guy wasn't even wearing a cub hat or anything and said he was from indianapolis. The cubs and there fans are so stupid. They havve created a fan base out of out of town know nothings who claim cubdom based on popularity and thus assume they should despise the sox. What a joke they are so pathetic. I just assumed this guy was another case of an out of town cub fan. ANd of course i was right. The Cubs might make $$$ by appealing to this joke of a fanbase and creating a stir amongst non real baseball fans, but they are soon becomining a laughing stock of the league for all teams fans to point at.

What, a Cubbie fan picking a fight with a Sox fan? Impossible! Impossible because Cubbie fans are "indifferent" about the Sox. It's only Sox fans who care about the other team. This is at least what I have been told.
(http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=BD543ECF.16ADB%25drcrawdad%40hotmail.com&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26group%3Dalt.sports.baseball.chi-whitesox)

:whoflungpoo

...the same isn't the true of most Cub fans' view of the Sox,
which I'd characterize as "indifference leaning toward disdain."

...Cub fans, for the most part, couldn't care less that
the Sox even exist...

SOXROX02
08-27-2004, 06:38 PM
Now I'm not saying this to generalize ALL cub fans, but in my school, its always the cub 'fans' who start the arguements. Been like this for me since ohh....6th grade...and just a point of interest, their reading level has not increased a bit since then.
Even now in sophomore year in a high school well known for both its athletic and academic successes, I'm still bombarded by stupid comments from even stupider people. (I don't think thats a word...whatever...). CubsFansAreDrunk will most likely agree, I think he might get it even more than I do.
Another thing I've noticed is that most of the cub 'fans' I know fit the same mold and have VERY similar personalities, echoing what each other say quite often. Very funny for me.

misty60481
08-27-2004, 07:02 PM
Most cub fans are usually about 17 or 18 by the time they hit 6th grade

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-27-2004, 07:53 PM
After he said he didn't follow baseball this year, you should asked him "Well then, I guess you didn't hear about Sammy coming out of the closet".

I doubt he even knows who sosa is!

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-27-2004, 07:56 PM
Now I'm not saying this to generalize ALL cub fans, but in my school, its always the cub 'fans' who start the arguements. Been like this for me since ohh....6th grade...and just a point of interest, their reading level has not increased a bit since then.
Even now in sophomore year in a high school well known for both its athletic and academic successes, I'm still bombarded by stupid comments from even stupider people. (I don't think thats a word...whatever...). CubsFansAreDrunk will most likely agree, I think he might get it even more than I do.
Another thing I've noticed is that most of the cub 'fans' I know fit the same mold and have VERY similar personalities, echoing what each other say quite often. Very funny for me.
Mike, I agree man. This is bull s***. all these cubs "fans" coming up to me and saying like "dude, the sox have no chance"...the "cubs" own the sox man. THEY always start the fights and the always lose. So sometimes, to shut them the hell up im like..Well im a cardinals fan too..so ha! my team is beating the crap out of yours! The cards will BURY The cubs. And whats left of the carcuses..well, the cardinals will BURN the carcuses.

LongLiveFisk
08-27-2004, 09:18 PM
By and large, Cubs fans are the most arrogant and obnoxious sports fans anywhere. They prove it by wearing their gear all over where it doesn't belong (Sox games, for instance) and by using the attendance argument. All their sellouts prove is that P.T. Barnum* was right. It's unfortunate that they just can't see how embarrassing they are to this city. Fawning over a team that hasn't won since 1908. It's despicable and pathetic. I mean, being a fan is one thing, but turning fanship into a sick kind of cult is another. My dad was a lifelong Cubs fan (God rest his soul) but he was a knowledgeable, sensible baseball fan. Much different from what you see at Wrigley Field today. Even he was disgusted by the phoniness of their new "fandom." :angry:

I think the rest of MLB is starting to see them for what they are and are growing tired of their "everyone loves us" act (except Boston, apparently).

* P.T. Barnum: "There's a sucker born every minute."

ChiWhiteSox1337
08-27-2004, 09:22 PM
I liked it better when the cubs sucked. People only liked them because they were the "lovable losers" :angry:. Now cub fans act like their **** don't stink, as Viva loves to say.

santo=dorf
08-27-2004, 09:35 PM
Whenever some flub fan gives me the "Sox fans are crack-heads" bit, I respond with "I thought Woo-Woo is a Cubs fan?"

:woo-woo

"I only use it for medical reasons, woo!"

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-27-2004, 09:36 PM
I liked it better when the cubs sucked. People only liked them because they were the "lovable losers" :angry:. Now cub fans act like their **** don't stink, as Viva loves to say.
its only becuase theyre rich. its so sad :whiner:

o well. CUBS STILL SUCK!

Whitesox029
08-27-2004, 09:54 PM
Its true it just happened to me about 10 min ago here at school (Purdue). I was in the union going to the copy store to get a book I need and wearing my Sox hat of course. They guy working the counter to get me my book looks at me and says "Gosh darn sox fan" and immediatly starts arguing with me as i soon as i get in the door. So i respond "Gosh Darn cub fans". And that seemed to do it there he went with look at our record and stadnings, look our stadium is always sold out, wrigley is awsome, no one goes to sox games, we sell out blah blah. The guy then asked me "How are the sox doing i have been in Washington all summer and haven't followed baseball"!! I just lauged inside a lot. I told them they are a .500 team but without frank and maggs wont make it. He didn't even know what happened to them. Gosh i tell you this guy wasn't even wearing a cub hat or anything and said he was from indianapolis. The cubs and there fans are so stupid. They havve created a fan base out of out of town know nothings who claim cubdom based on popularity and thus assume they should despise the sox. What a joke they are so pathetic. I just assumed this guy was another case of an out of town cub fan. ANd of course i was right. The Cubs might make $$$ by appealing to this joke of a fanbase and creating a stir amongst non real baseball fans, but they are soon becomining a laughing stock of the league for all teams fans to point at.Tell us something we don't know.

flo-B-flo
08-27-2004, 10:42 PM
The C___ don't matter. They are the minors. Their fans are stupid. This was spoken to me at a very young age. It is still true.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-27-2004, 11:01 PM
The C___ don't matter. They are the minors. Their fans are stupid. This was spoken to me at a very young age. It is still true.
perfect cencorship!

bigfoot
08-27-2004, 11:14 PM
cub fans=Amway with a beer