PDA

View Full Version : Derek Jeter is the ultimate player...

JRIG
08-27-2004, 01:11 PM
And John Kruk is the ultimate idiot.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=kruk/040827

Tekijawa
08-27-2004, 02:14 PM
On the field no, off the field, YES!!! We all know the batting average between the sheets is where it counts the most! Swing away Derek! Swing Away!

MRKARNO
08-27-2004, 03:07 PM
I have lost all respect for John Kruk's opinion with that article. Jeter over Bonds, A-rod, Sheff or any of those? That's just idiotic.

balke
08-28-2004, 09:42 PM
I have lost all respect for John Kruk's opinion with that article. Jeter over Bonds, A-rod, Sheff or any of those? That's just idiotic.
"I know all that stuff. I'll be the first to admit that Jeter isn't the best hitter. He isn't the best shortstop or the best base runner, either. But you put what he has all together, and you'd be crazy not to make him the cornerstone of your team."

LMAO that's my favorite part. Great counter-argument there Krukie.

That's why he's about 2 years away from having that C ripped off his chest, and sewed unto A-Rod.

ESPN has officially brainwashed Kruk to play Yank-ball for the network. R.I.P. John, we hardlly knew ya.

nccwsfan
08-28-2004, 11:43 PM
Derek Jeter- very good player, proven winner.

Best player in the game....uhhhh,no.

OurBitchinMinny
08-29-2004, 12:55 AM
Derek Jeter isnt even the best player on the left side of the yankees infield. He is a gutty player but not the best in the game. His #'s dont even come close to warranting HOF status even though he will get in

ClaudelSleptHere
08-31-2004, 04:34 AM
I am by no means questioning Derek Jeter's ability. He is a great player, and I would love to see the Sox have someone even remotely like him. It is, however, a lot easier to care only about winning when you are rich and playing on an all-star team year after year that simply acquires players to fill the holes they have with little or no regard to how much money is spent. Two questions: (1) Would Derek Jeter inspire the same love-fest from Kruk and the media in general if he had come up in say, the Milwaukee organization? (2) Is it possible to be "all about winning" if you play on a team that simply stinks? For instance, is there anyone on Arizona or Kansas City that is "all about winning?" This is no slam on Jeter, but in addition to his talent, he has also had the benefit of being in the right place at the right time.

Jjav829
08-31-2004, 08:44 AM
"I know all that stuff. I'll be the first to admit that Jeter isn't the best hitter. He isn't the best shortstop or the best base runner, either. But you put what he has all together, and you'd be crazy not to make him the cornerstone of your team."

LMAO that's my favorite part. Great counter-argument there Krukie.

That's why he's about 2 years away from having that C ripped off his chest, and sewed unto A-Rod.

ESPN has officially brainwashed Kruk to play Yank-ball for the network. R.I.P. John, we hardlly knew ya.
Kruk had a beauty on Sunday's 11:30 version of BBTN. He was talking about Adrian Beltre becoming a better player and the reasons why. He talked about how he's more selective and now looks to make contact and go the other way more. Then he stated, "Beltre's finally realizing that he can drive in as many runs with a single as he can with a home run." Uhhh....huh? :?:

PatK
08-31-2004, 11:54 AM
Jeter is the best playa, not player.

Mariah Carey, and now Jessica Alba. I'd love to have his throwaways.

Baby Fisk
08-31-2004, 12:15 PM
Now I know who to ask to find out what someone's own bathwater tastes like. Kruk probably fell in love with Jeter after that bloody face-plant into the seats at Yankee Stadium. I can see Kruk somehow taking that as the mark of a "cornerstone" player. In Kruk's world, blood = skills. :rolleyes:

fquaye149
08-31-2004, 12:20 PM
all kidding aside (and all logic perhaps), jeter is a closer in the postseason while everyone else mentioned in this thread hasn't done the job.

in the words of larry, the cable guy, jeter gits-r-done.

that said, if i were putting together a ballclub, jeter would probably be the 4th shortstop on my must-have list at best.