PDA

View Full Version : My Opinion of Joe Crede

I'm ssang, and I'm still an IDIOT!
08-27-2004, 09:04 AM
I think he sucks more than anyone else on this entire freaking planet. I hate his offense, his defense (overrated) and his overall demeanor. I think Joe Crede represents everything that is wrong with the White Sox. I just wanted to share that with everyone here at WSI. Feel free to post any opinions on this joke of a MLB player known as Joe Crede.:smile:

Brian26
08-27-2004, 09:30 AM
I'm beginning to question who the bigger headcase is, Crede or Garland. I used to think it was Garland by a long shot, but now I'm not so sure.

jackbrohamer
08-27-2004, 09:43 AM
Right now, Crede is one of the worst starting position players in the entire major leagues.

SoxxoS
08-27-2004, 10:16 AM
Absolutely. I can say without reserve that he is the worst 3Baseman in the majors. He seems like a nice guy, but nice guys finish last. How fitting. I don't see a spot for him next season. Cut your losses with this guy and Joe Borchard.

Maybe we can package them for Chris Snopek.

eshunn2001
08-27-2004, 10:27 AM
I think he sucks more than anyone else on this entire freaking planet. I hate his offense, his defense (overrated) and his overall demeanor. I think Joe Crede represents everything that is wrong with the White Sox. I just wanted to share that with everyone here at WSI. Feel free to post any opinions on this joke of a MLB player known as Joe Crede.:smile:
Wow, I cannot belive you would say something like that about Joe Cede, You were WAY WAY WAY too nice. He is the dog poop in the crevice of my shoe. And you know how much I hate the dog poop in the crevice of my shoe.

infohawk
08-27-2004, 10:32 AM
Right now, Crede is one of the worst starting position players in the entire major leagues.
I tend to agree with that statement if you are talking about his offense. Overall, he plays pretty good defense but is too big of an offensive liability for this team. If the Sox had a vastly higher .OBP throughout the line-up, Crede would be a defensive asset. This is not the case, however, and he has joined Jose Valentin as a near automatic out. I deliberately left Borchard out of this only because he has so little major league experience. It's not looking very promising, though.

jshanahanjr
08-27-2004, 11:43 AM
He is terrible and makes no adjustments. Choke up on the bat and shorten your swing!

bc2k
08-27-2004, 11:47 AM
I tend to agree with that statement if you are talking about his offense. Overall, he plays pretty good defense but is too big of an offensive liability for this team. If the Sox had a vastly higher .OBP throughout the line-up, Crede would be a defensive asset. This is not the case, however, and he has joined Jose Valentin as a near automatic out. I deliberately left Borchard out of this only because he has so little major league experience. It's not looking very promising, though.
I hate when people cite Joe Crede as a defensive asset! He is not a defensive asset! He is nowhere near Gold Glove standards.

I'm ssang, and I'm still an IDIOT!
08-27-2004, 11:57 AM
Wow, I cannot belive you would say something like that about Joe Cede, You were WAY WAY WAY too nice. He is the dog poop in the crevice of my shoe. And you know how much I hate the dog poop in the crevice of my shoe.
Trust me, I wanted to be a tad harsher on Joe but I also didn't want to get booted from the WSI. And trust me, if I posted how I really felt about the man I would be in jail in addition to being banned from WSI. Oh and I forgot to mention that I HATE JOE CREDE!!!!!

lowesox
08-27-2004, 12:07 PM
Alright. I'll defend him.

Crede is this year's version of Paul Konerko - a guy who has shown in the minors that he can be a big bat - but just needs to settle down. The truth is, people at WSI jump on guys as soon as they're down. And, in a lot of cases, far too soon. See Aaron Rowand. Another guy who everybody and their brother wanted rid of, now our team MVP.

Crede's season has been a disaster. But management would be idiotic to trade him away now. Because let's face it, we're not going to win anything next year. And, I think we all know that if we wait long enough Crede will become at least a .275 25 80 guy. I'd bet that he has decent trading value even now, but if we wait it will be higher.

Guys, the White Sox organization is entering a new era. Over the next 3-4 years it won't matter if a prospect jumps on the scene and makes an immediate impact. Lets turn our patience levels up. We're going to need to.

jackbrohamer
08-27-2004, 12:12 PM
Alright. I'll defend him.

Crede is this year's version of Paul Konerko - a guy who has shown in the minors that he can be a big bat - but just needs to settle down. The truth is, people at WSI jump on guys as soon as they're down. And, in a lot of cases, far too soon. See Aaron Rowand. Another guy who everybody and their brother wanted rid of, now our team MVP.

Crede's season has been a disaster. But management would be idiotic to trade him away now. Because let's face it, we're not going to win anything next year. And, I think we all know that if we wait long enough Crede will become at least a .275 25 80 guy. I'd bet that he has decent trading value even now, but if we wait it will be higher.

Guys, the White Sox organization is entering a new era. Over the next 3-4 years it won't matter if a prospect jumps on the scene and makes an immediate impact. Lets turn our patience levels up. We're going to need to.
I hope you're right and he improves. But the Sox deliberately brought him along slowly through the minor leagues (even considering his injuries) because they wanted him to be ready when he got here. Seeing him take such a big step backwards offensively from the last half of last season is very discouraging.

lowesox
08-27-2004, 03:26 PM
But the Sox deliberately brought him along slowly through the minor leagues (even considering his injuries) because they wanted him to be ready when he got here.
I don't think that's necessarily true. I think they kept Crede in the minors longer because they felt they were a stronger team when they used a veteran 3b.

However, if Sox management honestly thinks that they can expect an immediate transition from a player just because they've left them at AAA longer, well, than that's just showing ignorance. There are so many new adjustments a player needs to make when they reach the show.

I think even KW knows better than that.

Brian26
08-27-2004, 03:28 PM
It's crazy that this kid was a two-time MVP in the minor leagues.

bc2k
08-27-2004, 03:36 PM
I remember Crede saying something like, "There is no reason for me to play winter ball because there is nothing more for me to learn." All I have to say is Joe Crede better get his wussy ass down to Puerto Rico this winter.

Remember when people here thought he was good for a breakout power numbers year because he showed up to Spring Training 25 pounds heavier? Puhleeze, I knew that was irrevelant at the time it was discussed.

Hey Joe, I think it's safe to say that you've still got a lot more about the game of baseball to learn. Pack your bags, you underachiever.

edit: anyone remember when crede complained in April of this year that he's upset that he can never get off to a good start to a season? Yeah Joe, it's not just the starts of seasons that you suck in.