PDA

View Full Version : Disgrace

South Side
08-26-2004, 11:36 PM
Ugh, I have just lost respect for the Women's Soccer team. No, I am just kidding but they just started cheering the Cubs. But could they name one player besides the injured one?

Frankfan4life
08-27-2004, 01:44 AM
Ugh, I have just lost respect for the Women's Soccer team. No, I am just kidding but they just started cheering the Cubs. But could they name one player besides the injured one?I saw that too. I was tickled thinking about what if Nomar was playing for the White Sox and what they would have said then. A group of instant White Sox fans? It would have been funny.

HebrewHammer
08-27-2004, 10:46 AM
I saw that too. I was tickled thinking about what if Nomar was playing for the White Sox and what they would have said then. A group of instant White Sox fans? It would have been funny.The women's soccer team probably would have started complaining about a lack of green seats and then refuse to go to any games because they were upset that the team traded away its future for Freddy Garcia and that Ozzie won't give Ross Gload the playing time he deserves.

Hangar18
08-27-2004, 11:03 AM
Absolutely Disgraceful. Thats like saying I like cheering for losers.
or ... I like Giant Arrogant Corporations

thepaulbowski
08-27-2004, 02:00 PM
The women's soccer team probably would have started complaining about a lack of green seats and then refuse to go to any games because they were upset that the team traded away its future for Freddy Garcia and that Ozzie won't give Ross Gload the playing time he deserves.
:rolling:

Now that was funny.

SoxPAguy
08-27-2004, 03:04 PM
Ugh, I have just lost respect for the Women's Soccer team. No, I am just kidding but they just started cheering the Cubs. But could they name one player besides the injured one?
Ya know what man its gonna come back to hurt them. Sure right now the cubs and all there fans are saying look how popular we are, everyone likes us, we are striking gold. But as soon as the team underperforms, sammy and alou and the older guys are gone, and they go back to losing 95 games a year they will be abandoned fast then the blackhawks. The fans wont come when its not popular and cool to be a fan of a monster loser. Just wait and know that in a few years while the cubs lose 95 games they will draw 14,000 fans while we could do the same and outdraw them, then our destiny is fufilled.

PatK
08-27-2004, 04:14 PM
That's because chicks don't know anything about baseball.

Frankfan4life
08-29-2004, 02:18 AM
Did anyone see the coverage the Cub-Times gave the women's soccer team? Front and back pages, an editorial by Moronotti, Mia's picture all over the place, the works! Did I miss the same coverage for the gold-medal-winning women's softball and basketball teams?

row18
08-29-2004, 02:34 AM
Did anyone see the coverage the Cub-Times gave the women's soccer team? Front and back pages, an editorial by Moronotti, Mia's picture all over the place, the works! Did I miss the same coverage for the gold-medal-winning women's softball and basketball teams?
Good point,

Palehose13
08-29-2004, 12:14 PM
That's because chicks don't know anything about baseball.This chick knows a lot more than most guys.

Excellent point on the lack of coverage for the other women's sports, but soccer-love has become like cub-love...a disgusting infection spreading all over the country.

BTW...I have a friend that played for the Washington Freedom (Mia's team) and without getting into details, Mia sounds pretty self-cenetered, self-absorbed and not too much into the "team" concept. Sounds like her and Nomar have a lot in common.

LauraJ14
08-29-2004, 12:21 PM
So the only reason why you are bashing Mia Hamm, the best women's soccer player in US History, is because she's married to Nomar and he happens to have been traded to the Cubs from the Red Sox. If her husband was on the WhiteSox would you be saying the same things?

Palehose13
08-29-2004, 12:23 PM
So the only reason why you are bashing Mia Hamm, the best women's soccer player in US History, is because she's married to Nomar and he happens to have been traded to the Cubs from the Red Sox. If her husband was on the WhiteSox would you be saying the same things?Is this directed at me? Cause no, I have other reasons not to care for her. My feelings wouldn't change if Nomar was a member of the White Sox.

*EDIT: I'm not denying her talent, but most people don't have a problem with Barry Bonds being called an *******.

HomeFish
08-29-2004, 01:58 PM
If I knew nothing about baseball and one of my friends was married to a baseball player, I would probably cheer for his team, regardless of what it was.

I know that, in other sports that I care far less about than baseball, I have cheered for teams for even less reason.

DSpivack
08-29-2004, 06:32 PM
*EDIT: I'm not denying her talent, but most people don't have a problem with Barry Bonds being called an *******.
Yeah, but he's one damn talented *******.

Palehose13
08-29-2004, 08:16 PM
Yeah, but he's one damn talented *******.
That was my point, so is Mia (from what I have heard).