PDA

View Full Version : What I thought "Ozzie-ball" would be....

ja1022
08-26-2004, 01:44 PM
was the suicide squeeze by Coco Crisp in the bottom of the eighth last night against the Yankees. A great call and perfectly executed with Crisp squaring late from the left side, and then not just getting the bunt down, but pushing it in the gap between the pitcher and the first baseman crashing-- in no mans land and impossible to make a play at the plate. Back in March, thats what I envisioned when I heard talk about Ozzie-ball, and National League style ball.
I hate Cleveland, and this has really sucked since last September in particular, but if your a fan of the game, that squeeze last night was a beautiful thing to watch. This year, its a big deal if our guys just get the bunt down, let alone place one that way.

HomeFish
08-26-2004, 01:48 PM
A man named Timo once pulled off an 8th inning Suicide Squeeze for us. It was also beautiful.

ja1022
08-26-2004, 01:53 PM
A man named Timo once pulled off an 8th inning Suicide Squeeze for us. It was also beautiful.
It was.

Paulwny
08-26-2004, 01:58 PM
was the suicide squeeze by Coco Crisp in the bottom of the eighth last night against the Yankees. A great call and perfectly executed with Crisp squaring late from the left side, and then not just getting the bunt down, but pushing it in the gap between the pitcher and the first baseman crashing-- in no mans land and impossible to make a play at the plate. Back in March, thats what I envisioned when I heard talk about Ozzie-ball, and National League style ball.
I hate Cleveland, and this has really sucked since last September in particular, but if your a fan of the game, that squeeze last night was a beautiful thing to watch. This year, its a big deal if our guys just get the bunt down, let alone place one that way.
Actually, it wasn't a suicide squeeze, there were 2 outs when he bunted. :smile:

ja1022
08-26-2004, 02:07 PM
Actually, it wasn't a suicide squeeze, there were 2 outs when he bunted. :smile:
I just saw the play on Espn news with no sound and just figured it was suicide--that makes it even more impressive.

DrummerGeorgefan
08-26-2004, 02:54 PM
I cant wait for Paulie to do the same

KingXerxes
08-26-2004, 03:15 PM
March of 2004:

:hawk

"Now y'all sit back, cinch it up, strap it down, hunker in, and gird it up because I'm gonna tell you all what Ozzie Ball is going to be.

Banjo music fade in.

It's gonna be Willie Harris showing speed,
and never bunting 'til there's a need.
Advancing runners when e're they can,
and pitching inside like a man.
It'll be Jon Garland comin' around,
and Jose Valentin coverin' ground.

Refrain
Oh Ozzie Ball it's gonna be fun,
We'll throw, we'll hit and we're gonna run.
Every pitch will be excitin'
Throw at us and they'll be some fightin'

When the playoffs are played in cool October breezes
We'll still be winning games with suicide squeezes.
And with a man on second, and nobody out
We'll hit to the right - without a doubt.
Look for Crede to have a real big year,
And Joe Borchard's ready - have no fear.

Refrain

We've now got Bainsey to help drive this car,
And look for a big year from Sandy Alomar.
And Don Cooper will improve a pitching staff that's ducky,
With Estaban Loaiza showing last year wasn't lucky.
No more Manuel, with the line-ups rearranged,
Let's run some commercials saying everything has changed.

Refrain
Refrain
Fade out with banjo music."

ja1022
08-26-2004, 03:25 PM
:hawk

"Now y'all sit back, cinch it up, strap it down, hunker in, and gird it up because I'm gonna tell you all what Ozzie Ball is going to be.

Banjo music fade in.

It's gonna be Willie Harris showing speed,
and never bunting 'til there's a need.
Advancing runners when e're they can,
and pitching inside like a man.
It'll be Jon Garland comin' around,
and Jose Valentin coverin' ground.

Refrain
Oh Ozzie Ball it's gonna be fun,
We'll throw, we'll hit and we're gonna run.
Every pitch will be excitin'
Throw at us and they'll be some fightin'

When the playoffs are played in cool October breezes
We'll still be winning games with suicide squeezes.
And with a man on second, and nobody out
We'll hit to the right - without a doubt.
Look for Crede to have a real big year,
And Joe Borchard's ready - have no fear.

Refrain

We've now got Bainsey to help drive this car,
And look for a big year from Sandy Alomar.
And Don Cooper will improve a pitching staff that's ducky,
With Estaban Loaiza showing last year wasn't lucky.
No more Manuel, with the line-ups rearranged,
Let's run some commercials saying everything has changed.

Refrain
Refrain
Fade out with banjo music."
Awesome, that was beautiful...seriously, I'm weeping. Brooks Boyer, Are you reading this? Hire The King. (Or is King X the alter ego of Brooks Boyer?)

KingXerxes
08-26-2004, 03:33 PM
Hire The King.
Now THAT is funny.

skobabe8
08-26-2004, 03:36 PM
Just curious, King X. How long did it take to come up with that? :D:

KingXerxes
08-26-2004, 03:38 PM
Just curious, King X. How long did it take to come up with that? :D:
About three minutes.

Baby Fisk
08-26-2004, 03:43 PM
I think I remember hearing this song. You left out the verses about "Ozzie lightin' a fire hot hot hot that will burn into the fall," "Koch miraculously regaining his velocity and acquiring movement," and "Jerry Warbucks making all the little boys 'n' girls happy by dealing/poaching/signing up a whole whack o' big game all-star talent to bring the Championship back home to the south side orphanage where it belongs". :(:

KingXerxes
08-26-2004, 03:45 PM
I think I remember hearing this song. You left out the verses about "Ozzie lightin' a fire hot hot hot that will burn into the fall," "Koch miraculously regaining his velocity and acquiring movement," and "Jerry Warbucks making all the little boys 'n' girls happy by dealing/poaching/signing up a whole whack o' big game all-star talent to bring the Championship back home to the south side orphanage where it belongs". :(:
LOL