PDA

View Full Version : white sox songs

jake27
08-26-2004, 01:06 AM
i have been wanting to make a cd of songs at the ballpark for a friend of mine. like before the game (i have black eyed peas - lets get it started, ac/dc thunderstruck). but im trying to remember some of liek the players songs when they come to bat. i know rowand has linkin park but thats all for now. if anyone know sany songsm, player ones or just normal ones you hear at the ballpark from time to time, it would really help

ma_deuce
08-26-2004, 01:25 AM
Don't forget "Send in the Clowns" for when this empty shell of a team comes on the field... now, where did I leave that bottle!?!

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

ma_deuce
08-26-2004, 01:27 AM
By the way, :welcome: to WSI... Home of Defeated White Sox Fans.

skobabe8
08-26-2004, 02:51 AM
Willie was using Twista's "Celebrity" before at bats the last game I was at. Don't forget about "Sweet Home Chicago" after the game.

Clarkowski
08-26-2004, 09:42 AM
I'm pretty sure there's been a thread of this in recent weeks, but ESPN has a whole section about player's at-bat songs. Here's the link....

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page3/story?page=songs/whitesox

Speaking of songs, I believe it was in 2000 when some local band changed lyrics to one of their songs and titled it something like "South Side Boys". Anybody have any idea who this was and where I could find it????

Deadguy
08-26-2004, 01:40 PM
I think Borchard has been using Nailbomb's "Blind and Lost" as an intro song, and Crede has been using Prong's "Steady Decline".

pdimas
08-26-2004, 02:53 PM
Sometimes they play Panama - Van Halen when Carlos Lee comes up to bat since he is from Panama. Also you can't leave out Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye by Steam. It's a White Sox classic!

lowesox
08-26-2004, 03:55 PM
How about "I guess that's why they call it the blues." Sorry, that song is actually on the radio as I post this.

balke
08-26-2004, 04:03 PM
i have been wanting to make a cd of songs at the ballpark for a friend of mine. like before the game (i have black eyed peas - lets get it started, ac/dc thunderstruck). but im trying to remember some of liek the players songs when they come to bat. i know rowand has linkin park but thats all for now. if anyone know sany songsm, player ones or just normal ones you hear at the ballpark from time to time, it would really help
Is it let's get it started, or let's get retarded? I saw a movie, and that song was in it w/ words "let's get retarded". My guess is they changed it for the NBA, and not vice versa. Anyone know?

Kuzman
08-26-2004, 05:39 PM
i enjoy paulie's taste of music.. the harder rock genre.. he has some ozzy, metallica, stormtroopers of death.. etc.:)

ozzman
08-26-2004, 05:49 PM
sod rules. charlie don't cheat!

Lem_Siddons
08-26-2004, 07:18 PM
Doesn't matter which song, it's a fat lady singing :whiner:

batmanZoSo
08-26-2004, 07:40 PM
How about We Suck by The Suckiest Bunch of Sucks That Ever Sucked?

JohnBasedowYoda
08-26-2004, 07:51 PM
loser -beck
mozart's requiem

bafiarocks03
08-26-2004, 07:56 PM
i enjoy paulie's taste of music.. the harder rock genre.. he has some ozzy, metallica, stormtroopers of death.. etc.:)
ya me too.. i love the "crazy train"...that soo fits paul...but i also like the song they play for willie...Freek-A-Leek!!

nordhagen
08-26-2004, 08:10 PM
How about "I guess that's why they call it the blues." Sorry, that song is actually on the radio as I post this.Along those lines, how about "Sorry seems to be the hardest word" - It's sad, sad, so sad, it's a sad, sad situation, and it's getting more and more absurd."

And sorry about so much Elton John, but it does seem fitting in a way with the way this team has sucked recently

NonetheLoaiza
08-26-2004, 09:11 PM
Is it let's get it started, or let's get retarded? I saw a movie, and that song was in it w/ words "let's get retarded". My guess is they changed it for the NBA, and not vice versa. Anyone know?
the edited version is lets get it started, prolly because it might not go over too well with some people if it wasnt edited. anyways, they make alot more money with it being lets get it started.

jake27
08-26-2004, 09:21 PM
yeah i have the balck eyed peas cd, there is a "lets get it started" and a "lets get retared" on the cd.

Dan Gelo
08-26-2004, 11:29 PM
the black eyed peas song actually has 5 different versions.

Paul Konerko was coming out to Metallica "harvester of sorrow" last weekend against the sawks. Ocassionally you'll also hear S.O.D.- March of the S.O.D., which used to be on the intro commercials to headbangers ball way back when.

StillMissOzzie
08-26-2004, 11:45 PM
Pretty soon, I'm afraid the appropriate song will be "Taps"

SMO
:(:

Edit: spelling correction!

Deadguy
08-27-2004, 08:57 AM
Ocassionally you'll also hear S.O.D.- March of the S.O.D., which used to be on the intro commercials to headbangers ball way back when.
I thought Prong's "Beg to Differ" was?

Blob
08-27-2004, 04:09 PM
They play "flashlight" for Carl once in a while. That was done by Parliament.

Gotta have some funk!

Dan Gelo
08-29-2004, 05:16 AM
I thought Prong's "Beg to Differ" was?
The ads I'm talking about had a model T crashing on it's side in an intersection, a fat guy getting shot with a cannon, and a locomotive crashing. It was black and white footage from a long time ago. Beg to Differ may have been on different ads. I just saw Prong a couple of months ago at Oasis 160. :redneck It was cool, because I used to be into them in middle and high school.

Erik The Red
08-29-2004, 05:37 AM
One of the people that controls the music that gets played at the Cell must be an Anthrax/S.O.D./Scott Ian fan, because I've heard S.O.D. - March of the S.O.D., the intro from Anthrax - What Doesn't Die, and the chorus from Anthrax - Strappin' On My Old School.

DumpJerry
08-30-2004, 10:56 AM
Pretty soon, I'm afraid the appropriate song will be "Taps"

SMO
:(:

Edit: spelling correction!My sentiments exactly, 2001-present. :whiner:

tebman
08-30-2004, 11:43 AM
i have been wanting to make a cd of songs at the ballpark for a friend of mine. like before the game (i have black eyed peas - lets get it started, ac/dc thunderstruck). but im trying to remember some of liek the players songs when they come to bat. i know rowand has linkin park but thats all for now. if anyone know sany songsm, player ones or just normal ones you hear at the ballpark from time to time, it would really helpDon't forget to check this page on the WSI site:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/SoxSounds.htm

My personal favorite is "Go Sox!" by Paul Mall and the Bleacher Boys. It's a silly, over-the-top song that's great to sing with a bunch of guys over a round of beer. There's an interesting history to that song at this site:

http://hubcap.clemson.edu/~campber/seymour.html

It's a pity that the Sox don't use that song for the introductions. :tongue:

- tebman