PDA

View Full Version : Tom Pacioreck

little nicky
08-26-2004, 12:18 AM
Hello everyone,first time post! I just wanted to know if Wimpy still broadcasts for the Atlanta Braves? I had the chance last summer to talk to him for a couple a minutes. He came to our Old Neighborhood Italian-American Club,we were honoring Tommy Lasorda. Had a great time met Eric Karros,Bobby Valentine,Mike Fratello and of course Tommy. Anyway,I asked Wimpy if he still broadcasts,he said part-time for the Braves.Last thing I told him "miss ya on the SouthSide,that DJ just puts me to sleep!" He just smiled,don't think he wanted to offend Jackson. I liked the way he and Hawk called games,at least there was some excitement! Everybody take care here,wait 'til next year again!! I know I'm tired of this team just like eveyone else,but i'm a diehard. :( ciao,lil'nicky

skobabe8
08-26-2004, 02:58 AM
Hello everyone,first time post! I just wanted to know if Wimpy still broadcasts for the Atlanta Braves? I had the chance last summer to talk to him for a couple a minutes. He came to our Old Neighborhood Italian-American Club,we were honoring Tommy Lasorda. Had a great time met Eric Karros,Bobby Valentine,Mike Fratello and of course Tommy. Anyway,I asked Wimpy if he still broadcasts,he said part-time for the Braves.Last thing I told him "miss ya on the SouthSide,that DJ just puts me to sleep!" He just smiled,don't think he wanted to offend Jackson. I liked the way he and Hawk called games,at least there was some excitement! Everybody take care here,wait 'til next year again!! I know I'm tired of this team just like eveyone else,but i'm a diehard. :( ciao,lil'nicky
Welcome aboard! Last I heard, he's still with the Braves. But I'm not sure. I'm sure someone here tracks the Wimperoos every move!

bluestar
08-26-2004, 06:55 AM
Yes, he works for Fox Sports South in Atlanta.

http://msn.foxsports.com/named/public/FS/Regional/biosFull/273#tpaciorek

The Wimperoo
08-26-2004, 10:14 AM
Hello :D:

greenpeach
08-26-2004, 02:39 PM
Hi there ! This topic has been covered in a previous thread. I met Wimpy at a bar in Stone Moutain, GA two years ago. He was very friendly & even bought me a pitcher of beer. To make a long story short, he misses Chicago & called Hawk a "Back-stabbing A-hole". Wimpy blames Hawk for him being forced out by the Sox. His best friends in baseball include; Lasorda, Garvey & Bobby Valentine. He's not a big fan of Don Sutton. He also stated that Walt Alston was senile at the end of his career in LA. He said it was total BS that Lasorda had forced Walt out. Wimpy indicated that Alston should've retired long before 1976.

little nicky
08-26-2004, 11:43 PM
Thanks,greenpeach! Cool story about you and Tom Paciorek,it's a shame about how Hawk treated him. When I met him at the banquet last year,he was real polite and funny! He asked me to help him find his seat,he said: "Don't forget I'm a Polish guy in an Italian Club"! Good guy, Lasorda told a real funny story about him after dinner. Take it easy,'05 around the corner. ciao,lil'nicky

KingXerxes
08-27-2004, 09:20 AM
To make a long story short, he misses Chicago & called Hawk a "Back-stabbing A-hole".
I am really, really, really, really, really surprised that anybody could see Ken Harrelson in this light. Just shocked.

SoxFanSince67
08-27-2004, 09:23 AM
Maybe to some it's ancient history, but what's the story behind why he was forced out by HawK?

Brian26
08-27-2004, 09:35 AM
To make a long story short, he misses Chicago & called Hawk a "Back-stabbing A-hole".

Hate to see this. I love Hawk and Wimpy together.

KingXerxes
08-27-2004, 09:36 AM
Maybe to some it's ancient history, but what's the story behind why he was forced out by HawK?
I'm not quite sure because - to my knowledge - I don't think the entire story has ever really been told.

nccwsfan
08-27-2004, 10:07 AM
I'm not quite sure because - to my knowledge - I don't think the entire story has ever really been told.
Half the story would be fine too- can you provide a brief rundown?

TornLabrum
08-27-2004, 10:38 AM
Half the story would be fine too- can you provide a brief rundown?
The way I heard it was that someone from the front office (whoever was in charge of radio/TV at the time) and told Paciorek that he would have to do things differently the following year. Hawk had apparently complained that Harrelson wasn't doing his homework on the other clubs' players. Paciorek said he wasn't going to do things differently, and he was shown the door.