PDA

View Full Version : Ventura, Durham, and Perry

Brian26
08-25-2004, 10:24 PM
I'm just throwing this out for discussion. I'm not saying I believe in this...but where would this team have been in 2002, 2003 and 2004 with Robin Ventura, Ray Durham and Herbert Perry still on the roster?

skobabe8
08-25-2004, 10:37 PM
I'm just throwing this out for discussion. I'm not saying I believe in this...but where would this team have been in 2002, 2003 and 2004 with Robin Ventura, Ray Durham and Herbert Perry still on the roster?
How can anyone not miss The Milkman?!

Jjav829
08-25-2004, 10:38 PM
Older, slower, and more injury prone. In short, not much better (or even better at all).

Kogs35
08-25-2004, 10:39 PM
How can anyone not miss The Milkman?!
i do because the milkman always delived

:hawk

" the milk man delivers once agian"

PaleHoseGeorge
08-25-2004, 10:40 PM
Pretty depressing when you line up all those old names and realize we haven't filled any of the holes their absence created.

Ventura left after 1998. Schueler kept hyping some wunderkid named Crede who didn't finally make the team until 2002, and still can't put down a tag.

Perry was picked up for nothing in 2000 so new GM Kenny Williams benches him, then let's him leave for next to nothing. Besides, Jose Valentin needed to move to 3b from SS after Kenny stole Royce Clayton from Texas!

Durham had rocks for brains and was good for hardly more than impersonating a fire hydrant at second base, but there is no arguing he was a better lead-off man than the knucklehead who replaced him, Wee-Willie.

thepaulbowski
08-26-2004, 09:08 AM
Perry was picked up for nothing in 2000 so new GM Kenny Williams benches him, then let's him leave for next to nothing. Besides, Jose Valentin needed to move to 3b from SS after Kenny stole Royce Clayton from Texas!

Durham had rocks for brains and was good for hardly more than impersonating a fire hydrant at second base, but there is no arguing he was a better lead-off man than the knucklehead who replaced him, Wee-Willie.

The only problem with Perry is, he can't stay healthy. This is the reason the Indians gave up on him. He's a great clutch player, but spends WAY too much time on the DL.

Also, ditto on Durham.

fledgedrallycap
08-26-2004, 09:21 AM
Bad.

Robin had a productive year two season ago, but the last couple have really been a struggle for him. Milkman and Ray-Ray have been on and off the injured-list, and while Perry is a good player, there are many other players of his caliber available every year. The one guy, who if healthy, is still an impact player is Durham.

Etownsox13
08-26-2004, 09:29 AM
:?:

Terrible

jackbrohamer
08-26-2004, 11:02 AM
Durham especially, they didn't wait until the season was over to see what his real FA price tag was going to be, they just anticipated it would be too much & they traded him. They have not even come close to filling the 2B void. And he was a guy who came up in the organization and was fairly popular here as well, things you would think an organization would try to promote