PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent 3B

DVsoxfan
08-25-2004, 08:43 PM
What other FA 3rd basemen are there. I'm sick of numbskull Joe Crede, and I know a lot of others are as well. I would love to make a run at Adrian Beltre, but he would cost a bunch. Is Shea Hillenbrand a FA? He would be another great replacement. Thoughts...?

balke
08-25-2004, 08:45 PM
What other FA 3rd basemen are there. I'm sick of numbskull Joe Crede, and I know a lot of others are as well. I would love to make a run at Adrian Beltre, but he would cost a bunch. Is Shea Hillenbrand a FA? He would be another great replacement. Thoughts...?
Wow... we so cannot afford Beltre

FightingBillini
08-25-2004, 08:45 PM
Troy Glaus is the best there is other than Rolen. He is a free agent.

batmanZoSo
08-25-2004, 08:47 PM
It's not gonna happen. Crede's too highly regarded for many years in this organization. Another stinko year then we can talk replacements. Not that I agree with all that noise.

MRKARNO
08-25-2004, 09:12 PM
All FAs listed as 3Bs:

Troy Glaus
Shane Halter
Bill Mueller(club option)
Corey Koskie
Herb Perry
Vinny Castilla(mutual option)
Lenny Harris
Adrian Beltre
Jose Hernandez

Lip Man 1
08-25-2004, 09:42 PM
Corey Koskie... maybe if the Sox start signing enough Twins they'll actually win something.

Lip

DickAllen72
08-25-2004, 10:10 PM
Not that I like him, but...isn't Aramis Ramirez a free agent after this season?

batmanZoSo
08-25-2004, 10:13 PM
Get rid of Konerko, convince KW Crede's a bust then we might have something. And we won't be any better. In fact we'll be worse defensively. Much worse.

SoxxoS
08-25-2004, 10:14 PM
:KW

"We are just going to stick Joe Borchard at third next year."

DumpJerry
08-25-2004, 10:51 PM
:KW

"We are just going to stick Joe Borchard at third next year.":o:

Rex Hudler
08-25-2004, 11:35 PM
Beltre reeks of a classic underachiever who has a breakout season in his contract year, and then flops after getting a ton of money. He is definitely high risk, to go with the potential high reward.

jordan23ventura
08-25-2004, 11:41 PM
Why wouldn't you like him? The guy's a stud. I'd love to see a 3-4-5 of Thomas-Ramirez-Lee

batmanZoSo
08-25-2004, 11:48 PM
Why wouldn't you like him? The guy's a stud. I'd love to see a 3-4-5 of Thomas-Ramirez-Lee
Yeah, Sosa-Alou-Ramirez is good for about 4.2 runs a game. Thomas-Ordonez-Konerko-Lee has produced more than its fair share of crap over the years as well. Enough with that ****. We just need a bloody leadoff man.

Dan Gelo
08-25-2004, 11:55 PM
Enough with that ****. We just need a bloody leadoff man.
Word life Dog!

batmanZoSo
08-26-2004, 12:11 AM
Word life Dog!
Guh?

nodiggity59
08-26-2004, 12:17 AM
Corey Koskie... maybe if the Sox start signing enough Twins they'll actually win something.

Lip
Along those lines....we dangle Konerko to the Varitekless and Nomarless BoSox for Mientkivich+prospect....Use the cash to sign Radke and trade the prospect for Guardado...:D:

Nard
08-26-2004, 12:25 AM
PK has been far too good to us to let him suffer like that.

I don't want to subject him to the homosexual orgies in the club house or that Klan-hooded fanbase in the first place.

(Sorry fenway!)

Aidan
08-26-2004, 12:46 AM
Word life Dog!Are you John Cena of the WWE?

http://smackdown.wwe.com/superstars/cena_j/images/95.jpg

hold2dibber
08-26-2004, 07:57 AM
Along those lines....we dangle Konerko to the Varitekless and Nomarless BoSox for Mientkivich+prospect....Use the cash to sign Radke and trade the prospect for Guardado...:D:
I'm pretty sure Minezcevichz is a free agent at the end of the year - I think that's why the Twins were looking to move him (well, that and the fact that Mourneau is a stud - gee, that must be nice to have a minor leaguer come in and contribute right away; do you hear me Joe Crede? Joe Borchard? Felix Diaz? Somebody? Anybody?).

But I wouldn't mind seeing him on the South Side. He's one of those guys you hate when he's on the other team but love when he's on your team.

ma-gaga
08-26-2004, 08:05 AM
I'm pretty sure Minezcevichz is a free agent at the end of the year - I think that's why the Twins were looking to move him (well, that and the fact that Mourneau is a stud - gee, that must be nice to have a minor leaguer come in and contribute right away; do you hear me Joe Crede? Joe Borchard? Felix Diaz? Somebody? Anybody?).

But I wouldn't mind seeing him on the South Side. He's one of those guys you hate when he's on the other team but love when he's on your team.
Mientkiewicz has a 2 year deal, with a team option for a third (2006). He got his $10MM contract and promptly went in the crapper.

PatK
08-26-2004, 10:13 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Ramirez at third.

Or Clement on the mound.

calderon
08-26-2004, 10:57 AM
Along those lines....we dangle Konerko to the Varitekless and Nomarless BoSox for Mientkivich+prospect....Use the cash to sign Radke and trade the prospect for Guardado...:D:Hey, and Guzman has a team option that makes him a free agent if the twins don't pick it up, so lets get Koskie,Guzman,Radke, and Todd Walker(ex Twin), If you can't beat em'... sign em".

benjamin
08-26-2004, 01:15 PM
Troy Glaus is the best there is other than Rolen. He is a free agent.
Glaus is half the player Rolen is, and is not even in the same ballpark at Beltre.

Plus, he's about as healthy as Griffey Jr.

Deadguy
08-26-2004, 01:30 PM
Get rid of Konerko, sign Glaus, and have him switch on and off at 1b/DH with FT.

Deadguy
08-26-2004, 01:32 PM
Plus, he's about as healthy as Griffey Jr.
That's a pretty baseless analogy. He hasn't been injured 4 seasons in a row like Griffey.

Flight #24
08-26-2004, 01:40 PM
That's a pretty baseless analogy. He hasn't been injured 4 seasons in a row like Griffey.
Right - IIRC, he's just slumped from his "breakout" year a few back. Word is that he had LASIK surgery in the offseason and that before that he washaving ttrouble using contacts and that impacted his hitting. Believe it if you want to or not. But I don't think he's been that injury-prone.