PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 8-25 Tamed by the Tiggers post game thread

Daver
08-25-2004, 09:43 PM
Bring out your dead.......

batmanZoSo
08-25-2004, 09:45 PM
Bring out your dead.......
Looks like a valiant comeback from the scoring line. Bah...let's go all out like we are and get the best possible draft pick next summer. Who's with me!? :D:

Nard
08-25-2004, 09:46 PM
Dead? We had a big nine-inning and almost came back against one of the best closers in baseball.

Oh, you must be talking about making that scrub up there look like a five-time Cy Young winner.

JGarlandrules20
08-25-2004, 09:46 PM
Joe Crede needs to learn how to put on a tag.

Nard
08-25-2004, 09:47 PM
And the ump definitely needed to recognize Burke's tag.

Those two things happen and it's a whole new ballgame. But whatcha gonna do.

Harris=God
08-25-2004, 09:47 PM
What was Crede thinking on that tag. Hawk seems so pissed at him.

Dub25
08-25-2004, 09:49 PM
And the ump definitely needed to recognize Burke's tag.

Those two things happen and it's a whole new ballgame. But whatcha gonna do.
Those things happen and it's a whole new season.

skobabe8
08-25-2004, 09:49 PM
Looks like a valiant comeback from the scoring line. Bah...let's go all out like we are and get the best possible draft pick next summer. Who's with me!? :D:
I'm with you, batman!

PaleHoseGeorge
08-25-2004, 09:57 PM
Wills sounds pretty disgusted...

:wills
"I'm sure Ozzie and the staff are working on it..."

sternrulz
08-25-2004, 09:59 PM
I missed the game tonight, thank god, but from what I heard after the game on espn 1000, Josephine did'nt make a couple of key plays that cost us big time.
He missed a tag at 3rd on a play, and also did'nt get down a bunt in a 1st and 2nd noone out situation early in the game.
I guess all I have to say is, I hope to god this overhyped piece of garbage is GONE after this year.

greenpeach
08-25-2004, 10:14 PM
I missed the game tonight, thank god, but from what I heard after the game on espn 1000, Josephine did'nt make a couple of key plays that cost us big time.
He missed a tag at 3rd on a play, and also did'nt get down a bunt in a 1st and 2nd noone out situation early in the game.
I guess all I have to say is, I hope to god this overhyped piece of garbage is GONE after this year.
You'll get your wish this Winter. I wonder if KW is second guessing his decision not to include Crede in the Garcia trade.

Brian26
08-25-2004, 10:17 PM
Joe Crede needs to learn how to put on a tag.
Hawk and DJ, refreshingly, didn't hold back on that one. That's the best I've ever heard DJ sound.

Brian26
08-25-2004, 10:18 PM
What was Crede thinking on that tag. Hawk seems so pissed at him.
Crede looked like a sissy on that play, seriously.

Brian26
08-25-2004, 10:19 PM
Carlos Guillen with 20 homers this season, and I swear I think he has 5 of them against us in the past month.

Guillen and Infante are absolutely eating us alive this season.

Nard
08-25-2004, 10:21 PM
Any random joe-bag can turn out to be a damn Sox Killer these days.

Brian26
08-25-2004, 10:21 PM
You'll get your wish this Winter. I wonder if KW is second guessing his decision not to include Crede in the Garcia trade.
Crede's beginning to make Garland look mentally tough.

santo=dorf
08-25-2004, 10:23 PM
I know the KW bashers are ready to fire as soon as Reed goes 1 for 4 in his Seattle debut.

:offtopic: I just got done reading the reactions of the Matt Gurrier for Damaso Marte trade. Take a look for yourself, it might cheer you up.
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8740

santo=dorf
08-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Carlos Guillen with 20 homers this season, and I swear I think he has 5 of them against us in the past month.

Guillen and Infante are absolutely eating us alive this season.
And what's up with Marcus Thames playing against us (pronounced "timms?") :?:

santo=dorf
08-25-2004, 10:26 PM
Hawk and DJ, refreshingly, didn't hold back on that one. That's the best I've ever heard DJ sound.
Could you give a quick summary of the play and what Hawk and DJ actually said?

greenpeach
08-25-2004, 10:33 PM
I know the KW bashers are ready to fire as soon as Reed goes 1 for 4 in his Seattle debut.

:offtopic: I just got done reading the reactions of the Matt Gurrier for Damaso Marte trade. Take a look for yourself, it might cheer you up.
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8740

Matt who ? :rolleyes:

JohnJeter
08-25-2004, 10:36 PM
And what's up with Marcus Thames playing against us (pronounced "timms?") :?:
You mean it's not pronounced "temz", like the river? I'm pretty sure it is.
Then again, does it matter. . .

Win1ForMe
08-25-2004, 10:37 PM
One of the few things I found funny about tonight's game was Hawk's (or the Oracle of Reinsdorfi) criticism of Harris after Willie grounded out to SS and was out by a few feet at first:

:hawk
"Willie's gonna have to run a little harder."

Just more comments for PHG to add to the Willie Harris collection.:D:

BarbG
08-25-2004, 10:39 PM
Could you give a quick summary of the play and what Hawk and DJ actually said?

Yes, please?

I was surprisingly able to get AM1000 here in Cincinnati but no TV. Don't realize what you have until it's gone.

What happened?

Brian26
08-25-2004, 11:07 PM
Yes, please?

I was surprisingly able to get AM1000 here in Cincinnati but no TV. Don't realize what you have until it's gone.

What happened?Hmmm..let me give it a try...

Off the bat, it looked like it was a triple, and DJ actually conceded it.

:DJ

"And a leadoff triple.....NO!"

Strong relay throw beats the runner to the bag, Crede misses the tag though.

"He didn't tag him."

"Aw. man. Terrible."

"That's just terrible. There's no excuse for that."

"Joe Crede has GOT to be more aggressive in situations like that. You can't just lay the glove down and let the runner slide into it, because obviously smarter players aren't going to let that happen. Just an awful play."

"Plays like this will eat...you....alive. Mark Buehrle can't buy a break."

batmanZoSo
08-25-2004, 11:15 PM
Hmmm..let me give it a try...

Off the bat, it looked like it was a triple, and DJ actually conceded it.

"And a leadoff triple.....NO!"

Strong relay throw beats the runner to the bag, Crede misses the tag though.

"He didn't tag him."

"Aw. man. Terrible."

"That's just terrible. There's no excuse for that."

"Joe Crede has GOT to be more aggressive in situations like that. You can't just lay the glove down and let the runner slide into it, because obviously smarter players aren't going to let that happen. Just an awful play."

"Plays like this will eat...you....alive. Mark Buehrle can't buy a break."
Ha. I didn't see it but that sounds about right. Especially the Buehrle part. How is he 11-8? What a shame.

Soxzilla
08-25-2004, 11:33 PM
I mean, I know the sox chances of making any sort of run at this division this season are in the toilet. But this really doesn't give Ozzie an excuse for STUPID idiotic mentally incoherent management. Just because we have a snowballs chance in hell doesn't mean we can throw away games right now. Why in the hell isn't jose valentin pinch hitting for juan "I make striking out look bad" uribe!?! I mean urbina vs jose is a perfect matchup, and hell, maybe he takes one out of the yard and ties this god forsaken game up. Why in the hell not!? It's not like juan uribe has taken a cut in the ninth inning of any game in the past 2 months that makes him suitable for late inning situations.

Jesus this sucks.

And honestly, ozzie complains about how the team doesn't do the little things, how about getting your head out of ass and making some strategical calls. How about doing YOUR little things. Dip****.

I swear to god, it's almost like he thinks this is a videogame.

:ozzie
"What spots are up? The catcher? That's an automatic pinch hit. Who's batting now? Uribe? Oh good he has some pop, I better swing for power."

Sorry I'm pissed.

Brian26
08-25-2004, 11:39 PM
Twins beat Texas. Back to 9 games out.

nordhagen
08-25-2004, 11:44 PM
Any random joe-bag can turn out to be a damn Sox Killer these days.
They've single-handedly resurrected Bobby Higginson's career. Or at least kept him in the league another year or two.

Brian26
08-25-2004, 11:45 PM
They've single-handedly resurrected Bobby Higginson's career. Or at least kept him in the league another year or two.
He's got 9 or 10 homers on the season, and 4 of them have been against us in the past week. Crazy.

JB98
08-26-2004, 12:21 AM
I mean, I know the sox chances of making any sort of run at this division this season are in the toilet. But this really doesn't give Ozzie an excuse for STUPID idiotic mentally incoherent management. Just because we have a snowballs chance in hell doesn't mean we can throw away games right now. Why in the hell isn't jose valentin pinch hitting for juan "I make striking out look bad" uribe!?! I mean urbina vs jose is a perfect matchup, and hell, maybe he takes one out of the yard and ties this god forsaken game up. Why in the hell not!? It's not like juan uribe has taken a cut in the ninth inning of any game in the past 2 months that makes him suitable for late inning situations.

Jesus this sucks.

And honestly, ozzie complains about how the team doesn't do the little things, how about getting your head out of ass and making some strategical calls. How about doing YOUR little things. Dip****.

I swear to god, it's almost like he thinks this is a videogame.

:ozzie
"What spots are up? The catcher? That's an automatic pinch hit. Who's batting now? Uribe? Oh good he has some pop, I better swing for power."

Sorry I'm pissed.

Uribe is swinging the bat a lot better than Valentin right now. To be honest with you, the thought of pinch-hitting Valentin in that situation never crossed my mind.

The only thing I was pissed about was having Crede bunt in the second inning. By the 124th game of the season, Ozzie should know these guys can't bunt. Why waste an out? Anyone could have predicted Crede would lay down a bad bunt and the slow-footed Everett would get gunned down at third. Bad managing, bad play.

Dan H
08-26-2004, 10:07 AM
Another day, another loss. And I thought the Tigers were supposed to be the easy part of the schedule.

Baby Fisk
08-26-2004, 10:22 AM
If y'all are not demoralized enough yet, the rest of our schedule includes Oakland, Texas and Anaheim (all in a division race), 6 more against the Tigers and 6 more against Minny. September could be a very, very bleak month. This team is sliding into oblivion, and is about to get depantsed and caned by other (better, hungrier) teams for another 5 weeks. THIS SUCKS! :(:

Soxzilla
08-26-2004, 01:02 PM
Uribe is swinging the bat a lot better than Valentin right now. To be honest with you, the thought of pinch-hitting Valentin in that situation never crossed my mind.

The only thing I was pissed about was having Crede bunt in the second inning. By the 124th game of the season, Ozzie should know these guys can't bunt. Why waste an out? Anyone could have predicted Crede would lay down a bad bunt and the slow-footed Everett would get gunned down at third. Bad managing, bad play.
Everybody is swinging the bat better than jose right now. That doesn't mean that uribe has been lighting up any fires lately. Uh oh, he gets a solo homerun in one of the previous games and he's undoubtedly tearing up the big leagues now.:rolleyes:

Jose will obviously never outrun his slump unless he gets some at bats. And even though I have hated valentin and his atrocious play down the stretch, I can't think of anyone I'd rather have up there with 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth in a 1 run game. Especially against a right hander who throws a 92 mph fastball, and just got rocked for a 3 run bomb. ESPECIALLY when the next two batters are carlos lee and paul konerko.

But of course ozzie knows all right:/. I mean hell, he pinch hit borchard in that 2nd bostom game at fenway right? Maybe he had a hunch right?:rolleyes:

P.S.-With runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs, and crede up, you bunt. It's not a bad call, you can't fault ozzie for thinking his players can actually execute. Not too mention practice makes perfect, crede isn't going to learn to bunt for next year by swinging for the fences.

And hey, at least we didn't have to see that ugly ass swing.:bandance:

JB98
08-26-2004, 01:31 PM
Everybody is swinging the bat better than jose right now. That doesn't mean that uribe has been lighting up any fires lately. Uh oh, he gets a solo homerun in one of the previous games and he's undoubtedly tearing up the big leagues now.:rolleyes:

Jose will obviously never outrun his slump unless he gets some at bats. And even though I have hated valentin and his atrocious play down the stretch, I can't think of anyone I'd rather have up there with 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth in a 1 run game. Especially against a right hander who throws a 92 mph fastball, and just got rocked for a 3 run bomb. ESPECIALLY when the next two batters are carlos lee and paul konerko.

But of course ozzie knows all right:/. I mean hell, he pinch hit borchard in that 2nd bostom game at fenway right? Maybe he had a hunch right?:rolleyes:

P.S.-With runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs, and crede up, you bunt. It's not a bad call, you can't fault ozzie for thinking his players can actually execute. Not too mention practice makes perfect, crede isn't going to learn to bunt for next year by swinging for the fences.

And hey, at least we didn't have to see that ugly ass swing.:bandance:
Uribe was 5-for-13 with a HR and 3RBIs in the series against Detroit. I don't think Valentin has had five hits in the last month.

Actually, I do fault Ozzie for thinking his players can execute. I've been watching the Sox for 124 games now, and I've seen them bunt themselves right out of an inning at least 15 times. If I know we can't bunt, then Ozzie should know we can't bunt. In all honestly, I think Crede had a better chance of getting a base hit there than he did of laying down a successful sacrifice.

JB98
08-26-2004, 01:37 PM
Not to mention, if Crede gets the bunt down there, then we have second-and-third with one out for Borchard and Harris. That's probably the only second-and-third, one-out situation in the world where the PITCHER actually has the advantage.

Soxzilla
08-26-2004, 06:39 PM
Not to mention, if Crede gets the bunt down there, then we have second-and-third with one out for Borchard and Harris. That's probably the only second-and-third, one-out situation in the world where the PITCHER actually has the advantage.
:rolling:

Yeah that probably is true. But face it, our guys NEED to learn how to bunt in pressure situations. Especially if they want to be on the sox next year when we are supposdedly going to turn the focus from long ball to small ball.

And hell, this can basically serve as an audition for certain players, if they can't lay it down now, for the remainder of the season, then the OZ is sure as hell gonna put up a fight to get rid of their no good ass next year.

As for Uribe, I don't care if he is hitting 5 for 13 in the series, he has faced no talent pitching (Regardless of what the rest of the lineup makes robertson and bonderman look like). I'd much rather see clutch valentin up there, if not for the righty lefty match up, if not for the fact valentin can turn and send it over the left field wall like no other, if not for the fact valentin is the best clutch solo homerun artist we have on our team.

I know it's easy to criticize when a failure happens, but c'mon. I would be lying to myself if I thought leaving Juan in there against urbina had the slightest iota of managerial intelligence involved.

bc2k
08-26-2004, 08:38 PM
And people still claim Crede's defense is a strength.
:rolling: