PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Marlin Commercial

Dub25
08-25-2004, 09:34 PM
For those of you who have the extra inning package you may have seen this. I'm watching the Giants Marlins game right now. During the last break their was a commercial involving a guy who looks dead in the middle of an intersection. The paramedics run up, pull open his jacket and notices he is wearing a Cubs T-Shirt. The 2 paramedics look at each other and head back to the ambulance and they leave the poor flubbie fan on the street. Classic. Maybe FSN could use that for the Sox leading up to the Cubs series next year.

cubhater
08-25-2004, 09:42 PM
I would have checked to see if the guy had a pulse and then run him over with the ambulance if he did.:redneck

skobabe8
08-25-2004, 09:58 PM
Maybe FSN could use that for the Sox leading up to the Cubs series next year.

FSN=out
Comcast=in

but still a great idea!

Jerry_Manuel
08-25-2004, 10:17 PM
That's not a Marlins ad.

That is one of those FSN general ads.

The NY FSN has one where the guy has a Braves shirt on, and the EMT's like the Mets.

Dub25
08-25-2004, 10:51 PM
FSN=out
Comcast=in

but still a great idea!
Good call. I forgot about that.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-25-2004, 11:19 PM
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

hahahaha. man would that be awsome to advertise on WGN

ChiWhiteSox1337
08-25-2004, 11:36 PM
why does FSN have to portray the home fans as scumbags? they show thieves for the home fans, and now they have 2 medics leaving a dead/dying guy on the street. I hate it even if it does involve the cubs

DumpJerry
08-25-2004, 11:55 PM
We can do it with the Flub fan and the EMT is Mayor Daley....

HebrewHammer
08-26-2004, 10:41 AM
Why is it in commercials everyone seems to get the better of the ScRubs players and fans. Sosa in the pepsi ad, the guy in the bodyshop in the FSN ad earlier this year and now the EMT ad, I'm noticing a theme here....

Baby Fisk
08-26-2004, 10:45 AM
You know which commercials are better than the ones with the brothers connected at the finger? ALL OF THEM!

WhiteSoxRule2500
08-26-2004, 03:08 PM
I may have seen it but I dind't notice anything special....

Hangar18
08-27-2004, 11:49 AM
Why is it in commercials everyone seems to get the better of the ScRubs players and fans. Sosa in the pepsi ad, the guy in the bodyshop in the FSN ad earlier this year and now the EMT ad, I'm noticing a theme here....
The reason you see that, is because of the way SOX fans in real life
treat cub fans. When I see the commercials, I always think to myself
that they did a very good job at showing how the fans really interact
with each other. ESP that one, where the flubby fan, who looks like
some fratboy ditching class, hes on the cellphone (got that right)
and hes wooo hooo'ing the fact hes about to get a tatoo, and hes beside
himself, woo hooing ...... and oblivious (got that right too) to whats
going on around him. All he says in the commercial is wooo hooo cubs...
world series ......... woo hooooo its awesome .......... wooo woooo hooooo
Oooooooo yeah...........wooo flubbies! The typical fan in the bleachers
and the bars are pretty much exactly like this. they did a good job.

Hangar18
08-27-2004, 11:56 AM
The Sammy commercial, where hes "cub-dolized" by a "fan", and gets him a taco? A buddy of mine from Florida (used to live in OH and is a huge Indian fan) recently said his wife saw that commercial on layover here, and she laughed and said that was something I WOULD DO in real life, and I realized
you know what, I really WOULD do that in real life, heh heh

now, I know some here cant wait to say "yeah hangar you would do that, grow up" etc etc, hey, im a product of my surroundings. im a die-hard sox fan
and really hate that other team.

Soxzilla
08-27-2004, 12:08 PM
The sports related commercial i saw was with jake delhomme sponsering bo jangles chicken.

Rocklive99
08-28-2004, 01:01 AM
I like a different regional commercial, I think I saw it for Cardinal games. Two guys in an auto shop are hiding fish inside different parts of the car, and then the owner comes to pick the car up, drives away, and the bumper sticker on the back says "Go Cubs"

he_gone_89
08-28-2004, 07:36 PM
the all time best FSN commercial is the dude that gets crushed with his garage:D: :D: that is a classic

the medic commerical is a good one too,along with the guys working in the garage and the pipes fall onto the guy