PDA

View Full Version : In the Race for 2nd

balke
08-25-2004, 03:57 PM
How important is this upcoming cleveland series (our last) to you?

kittle42
08-25-2004, 04:27 PM
It hurts to say this, but

:whocares

Baby Fisk
08-25-2004, 04:31 PM
Well, barring a shocking, unexpected and entirely unprecedented late season winning-streak-rampage by the Sox, I don't have much enthusiasm for the team's post-season prospects (and division battles) anymore. The past month has killed off a lot of enthusiasm. Now I'm only interested in the games because the Sox are playing them. I'll still watch every game I can because this is the Chicago White Sox. As soon as the season is over, I'll start counting the days til Opening Day 2005.

But for the remainder of this season and the series v. Cleveland, I'd vote for "Meh."

balke
08-25-2004, 04:31 PM
We lose 2 of 3 or get swept in 4 I care. there's still the chance to prove ESPN analyst predictions wrong from the beginning of the season

Sox predicted 3rd :(

HebrewHammer
08-25-2004, 05:46 PM
Since we're probably not winning the division does it really matter where we finish?

CarlosMay'sThumb
08-26-2004, 06:39 AM
The most important thing right now is the national league wild card race. Go San Diego and San Francisco!:tongue:

ChiSoxBobette
08-26-2004, 07:28 AM
Well, barring a shocking, unexpected and entirely unprecedented late season winning-streak-rampage by the Sox, I don't have much enthusiasm for the team's post-season prospects (and division battles) anymore. The past month has killed off a lot of enthusiasm. Now I'm only interested in the games because the Sox are playing them. I'll still watch every game I can because this is the Chicago White Sox. As soon as the season is over, I'll start counting the days til Opening Day 2005.

But for the remainder of this season and the series v. Cleveland, I'd vote for "Meh."
If the White Sox hold true to form they will have a late season run at 1st place just so we can all get our hopes up for next year. Then right about this time next year will all be saying the same thing. I think this team needs a good cleaning out.

soxtalker
08-26-2004, 07:43 AM
At this point, since we have virtually no chance, dropping as far as possible in the standings probably has some benefit -- a slightly better draft choice. It is painful now, though.