PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Sox rant wins Rome's Huge Call o Day

Bisco Stu
08-25-2004, 02:59 PM
Typical Flubs fan, "I'd rather dodge chunks of concrete at Wrigley than get jacked by thugs at the Cell" (paraphrasing).

SOXSINCE'70
08-25-2004, 03:17 PM
And you wonder why Rome's show won't air in Chicago soon?!?!

Makes as much sense as Harry Tinynuts trying to convince Sox fans to root for the sCrUBS now that the Sox season is over.Most of the Sox fans said they'd root for the sCrUBS when monkeys flied out their kiester.I agree.

Q:What's the definition of "hell on earth" to a Sox fan??
A: 3 weeks of the sCrUBS in the playoffs!!

I'd sooner watch a Sox loss at Comiskey than go to the Urinal Shrine and try to talk baseball.All it's about for those loooooo-sahhhhhs is beers,broads and boobs.It's been that way the past 2 decades,sadly.:angry: :angry: :angry:

Uncle_Patrick
08-25-2004, 03:19 PM
Typical Flubs fan, "I'd rather dodge chunks of concrete at Wrigley than get jacked by thugs at the Cell" (paraphrasing).
What an original statement by a Cubs fan. Good thing that there is no crime around Wrigley Field.

white sox bill
08-25-2004, 03:27 PM
Piggly Wiggly Field--If the cement doesn't get you, the thugs will!

Nick@Nite
08-25-2004, 03:55 PM
I heard the Cubs fan go off while driving around in my car. Got to give him credit. His take was good in regards to current events (crap falling from the Dave Mathews tour bus) and the fact he was cracking on a Sox fan saying "your stadium sucks" (<---paraphrasing)

Rome did mention that everything does not last forever, and that the Cubs are going to have to face the fact that Wrigley Field will have to be either torn down or dramatically renovated very soon.

By the way, Rome was trying to give air time to the Sox earlier this summer by saying that it appears the GM wants to win, citing the Garcia deal. Now that the team is sinking in the standings like a prehistoric pachyderm stuck in the La Brea tarpits, there really isn't much Sox news to talk about via his show.

All things considering, I enjoy listening to his show. It's pretty entertaining too me.

PatK
08-26-2004, 04:04 PM
Didn't FOX Chicago do some report recently that showed that there is actually less crime and less incidents of fights at the Cell than there is at Wrigley?

And last time I checked, no one was stabbed outside the Cell after a Sox game.

HomeFish
08-26-2004, 04:05 PM
I would also prefer that said caller be hit with concrete rather than carjacked.

What self-respecting thief would drive around in his car anyway?

Nellie_Fox
08-27-2004, 12:56 AM
Didn't FOX Chicago do some report recently that showed that there is actually less crime and less incidents of fights at the Cell than there is at Wrigley?You're new, so you don't know that this has been discussed often, and with proof. The Chicago PD web site has a search capability for crime reports, and the area around Wrigley always has more crime than the area around Comiskey.

balke
08-27-2004, 01:20 AM
Off-topic, Jim Rome is a moron.

out