PDA

View Full Version : ESPN and ESPN 2 to air more Sox games.

SomebodyToldMe
08-25-2004, 03:00 AM
According the the official site, ESPN2 will air Wednesday's game between us and the Tiggers. ESPN will also air us playing the A's on Sept. 2.

Why, OH WHY, are we going to be shown on national tv again?!

We can only hope for the best. Even though, as I recall, we're winless in national broadcasts this year.

mcfish
08-25-2004, 03:53 AM
According the the official site, ESPN2 will air Wednesday's game between us and the Tiggers. ESPN will also air us playing the A's on Sept. 2.

We can only hope for the best. Even though, as I recall, we're winless in national broadcasts this year.We're not winless, we beat Baltimore once or twice this year on ESPN.

Also, every single playoff game that will be played for the rest of time will be aired on national tv, so even though it's barely a remote possibility for this year, I would hope that the Sox can find a way to win next time they get to the playoffs even though Fox is doing the broadcast.

jordan23ventura
08-25-2004, 04:02 AM
We're not winless, we beat Baltimore once or twice this year on ESPN.

Also, every single playoff game that will be played for the rest of time will be aired on national tv, so even though it's barely a remote possibility for this year, I would hope that the Sox can find a way to win next time they get to the playoffs even though Fox is doing the broadcast.
Just once I'd love to see the Sox trample the Yanks, or any top team for that matter, on national television so badly that the annoucers have no choice but to kiss ass the entire game. I hope Buerhle is pitching and Shingo pitches a scoreless ninth.

MisterB
08-25-2004, 11:05 AM

We can only hope for the best. Even though, as I recall, we're winless in national broadcasts this year.
Actually their MLB page says today is Mets/Pads on ESPN and Yanks/Injuns and O's/A's on ESPN2.

samram
08-25-2004, 11:20 AM
Actually their MLB page says today is Mets/Pads on ESPN and Yanks/Injuns and O's/A's on ESPN2.
Makes sense. I think they change the schedules around a little bit come August and September to get meaningful games, which the Sox/Tigers is not.

Kogs35
08-25-2004, 11:41 AM
the sox and tigers game is only being shows in on espn2 in cleveland and ny. the spetember 2cd game agianst the a's is a espn day game which is blacked out in chicago and oakland/sanfran unless the a's televistion network isnt picking up the game.

Deadguy
08-25-2004, 12:24 PM

Train wrecks are ratings grabbers.

And never underestimate the national appeal of Timo Perez.