PDA

View Full Version : Daley Answers McPhail

Lip Man 1
08-24-2004, 11:44 PM
From Tuesday night's Tribune:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-040824cubswrigley,1,7956608.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Lip

cubhater
08-25-2004, 12:20 AM
Gee, then the Trib ends the article with a few unrelated controversial topics tring to put Daley on the hot seat. Surprised?

eriqjaffe
08-25-2004, 09:11 AM
Asked about another such incident—this one falling concrete from the 33rd Street bridge over the Dan Ryan Expressway Tuesday—the mayor feigned shock.
I'm surprised that sentence didn't read like this:

Asked about another such incident—this one falling concrete from the 33rd Street bridge over the Dan Ryan Expressway Tuesday, only a few blocks from U.S. Cellular Field — the mayor feigned shock.

DrummerGeorgefan
08-25-2004, 12:45 PM
Daley v. MacPhail in a steel cage match....I'm taking Daley

Hangar18
08-25-2004, 01:39 PM
Did I ever mention that to anyone here?
Anyone catch the cover of the Cub-Times Today? Blaring headlines
about Daley vs McPhail ........ and they put a pic of him wearing a SOX HAT,
trying to turn this into a SOX FAN DALEY vs Poor Underdog Cubs. Very
Kiley-esque wouldnt you say? The cubs are the most Arrogant organization out there .............

Brian26
08-25-2004, 01:45 PM
How can you not like Daley with a quote like, "Get a Team!"

Ha. :D:

SOXSINCE'70
08-25-2004, 03:20 PM
Daley should have said "Get to the World Series before you crow,
you LOOOOOOOOOOOOO-SAAAAHHHHHHSSSS!!!!":angry: :angry:

PaleHoseGeorge
08-25-2004, 07:09 PM
From Tuesday night's Tribune:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-040824cubswrigley,1,7956608.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

LipI've looked throughout my morning "Near West" edition of the Cubune and could not find this article. However, on page 3 of the Metro section they did have a short 5-paragraph blurb in the "Metropolitan Digest" section under the small headline "Concrete falls into Ryan lanes," a story about crumbling concrete on the 33rd Street bridge over I-90/94. The Cubune's nameless reporter did not mention its proximity to Sox Park. You think they're getting the hint?
:cool:

In the fourth paragraph it mentions the mayor's past criticism of response to Wrigley repairs and his assertion that everyone is held to same standard. The unnamed Cubune reporter then goes on to note the responsible party for the repairs is the Illinois Department of Transportation.

NOWHERE does the Cubune report (either in my print edition or Lip's internet link above) Daley's quip that the Cubune should "Get a Team!" However this quote was the *front page* headline for today's Sun-Times. The Sun-Times also featured a large picture of Daley wearing a Sox cap.

Kudos to the Cubune for burying the most newsworthy comment from yesterday's press conference. In fact, the Cubune didn't report it at all!
:giantsnail

This entire three-day news cycle was generated strictly because Andy MacFail couldn't leave well-enough alone and issued a sarcastic written statement about not having a newspaper press inside the Urinal. Another P.R. black eye for the Cubune, 100 percent courtesy Andy MacFail's big mouth. What a stupid man he is...

:lynch&mcfail
"Just to assure everyone, the netting is specially fabricated to collect chunks of falling concrete. I want to put an end to all these rumors that the netting is nothing but a series of my sweater vests sewn together."

:bandance:

Frankfan4life
08-25-2004, 11:39 PM
Good stuff everybody! LMAO :D: