Daver
08-24-2004, 08:49 PM
Granted it was against the Tiggers.....

SomebodyToldMe
08-24-2004, 08:50 PM
WE AIN'T DONE YET!

Soxzilla
08-24-2004, 08:50 PM
Yeah! WHO WANTS TO JUMP BACK ON THE BANDWAGON NOW! HUH!? HUH!?

.....huh?

mdep524
08-24-2004, 08:51 PM
Granted it was against the Tiggers........but we'll take it. :D:

JGarlandrules20
08-24-2004, 08:51 PM
Garland did well. Those bloop hits always seem to come back to hurt him..

Soxzilla
08-24-2004, 08:52 PM
Garland did well. Those bloop hits always seem to come back to hurt him..
Yeah those ones that leave the park when there are runners on base really hurt too.

I'm watching the twins game right now, ill be the first to post what happens:) (I know there is no chance in hell we win this thing, but i wouldnt mind scaring them).

Frankfan4life
08-24-2004, 08:54 PM
Let's enjoy this win today. There probably won't be another one for the next four or five days.

losingugly2004
08-24-2004, 08:54 PM
Nice win.
Nice balance on offense.
A little power ball(Uribe), and a little "small ball" = SOX WIN!

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-24-2004, 09:26 PM
ill take it!:cool:

sadly the cubs are crushing their opponent. i havent seen a trifecta in a long while. One of those would do me homage.:D:

duke of dorwood
08-24-2004, 09:27 PM
Borchard did hit it hard 4 times-

hose
08-24-2004, 09:28 PM
A win is just what the doctor ordered.

LongLiveFisk
08-24-2004, 09:32 PM
Granted it was against the Tiggers.....

I don't know if I'd say "granted" there, Daver, considering the Tigers have beaten us quite a bit this season already (unfortunately). At this point, any win is a good win for the Sox. :smile:

nodiggity59
08-24-2004, 09:33 PM
Borchard did hit it hard 4 times-
I noticed that as well.

Also, anybody notice there has been little reaction after the win today on the board...? A little strange considering the flury of posts earlier in the "KW Debates"

JB98
08-24-2004, 09:35 PM
Kind of funny how short the postgame threads are after wins. I guess there's nothing to bitch about for a change.

This outing was pretty much typical Jon Garland. He had one terrible inning and threw the ball well otherwise. Thankfully, the offense bailed him out. Good to see Rowand and Uribe batting 1-2 in the order. That's the way it should be for the rest of the year. Hopefully, we'll see Uribe, Harris, Crede, Borchard and Davis everyday from here on out. Those guys need to audition for roster spots in 2005.

voodoochile
08-24-2004, 09:36 PM
Yeah! WHO WANTS TO JUMP BACK ON THE BANDWAGON NOW! HUH!? HUH!?

.....huh?

People left the bandwagon? What's that all about...

I don't know whether that should be in deep pink or teal, so I left it in black that way each person can pick their favorite meaning...:D:

voodoochile
08-24-2004, 09:37 PM
Granted it was against the Tiggers.....Yeah, but the winning team was the Sox so it's still a surprise...:?:

PaleHoseGeorge
08-24-2004, 09:42 PM
Kinda slow in the post-game thread. I guess the foaming at the mouth, wild-eyed lunatics are saving their energy for tomorrow (or the next day's) post-game thread. It's soooo much better to make an ass of yourself after a Sox loss, raving about everything from Kenny and Ozzie all the way to Joe Crede's shoelaces.

May message board tranquility last a few more days.
:redface:

Shoeless Joe
08-24-2004, 09:43 PM
It seems like wins are spreading farther and farther apart now. But still this win feels good. I hope tomorrow will bring the same lineup from today and a good pitching performance from Buehrle...or else!:mad:

Brian26
08-24-2004, 10:07 PM
Rangers just tied up the Twins in the bottom of the 9th. The score is 4-4. Go Rangers.

Soxzilla
08-24-2004, 10:11 PM
:twinslose

Joe Nathan blows it in the ninth against mark tiexiera.

Oh happy day!

Maybe they are starting to figure nathan out, just like Shingo, SOUND THE ALARMS!:rolleyes:

South Side
08-24-2004, 10:14 PM
Kinda slow in the post-game thread. I guess the foaming at the mouth, wild-eyed lunatics are saving their energy for tomorrow (or the next day's) post-game thread. It's soooo much better to make an ass of yourself after a Sox loss, raving about everything from Kenny and Ozzie all the way to Joe Crede's shoelaces.

I can see complaining about the fly off the handle responses when we were a game out or even in 1rst but how can you complain now? We're 8 games out... people are upset, are we suppose to bottle it up?

PaleHoseGeorge
08-24-2004, 10:16 PM
I can see complaining about the fly off the handle responses when we were a game out or even in 1rst but how can you complain now? We're 8 games out... people are upset, are we suppose to bottle it up?
Complaining? Are you kidding... I'm happy!

:tongue:

TornLabrum
08-24-2004, 10:34 PM

Let me be the first to say it: Kenny and Ozzie were responsible for this win.

the_valenstache
08-25-2004, 12:22 AM
We're in SECOND PLACE. Well, tied for it.

:bandance:

(Just let the banana dance for now...)

SSN721
08-25-2004, 05:55 AM
Yay. It was fun to see them actually win a game. This is an awfully short post game thread. Come on people, we are only 8 games out, we are still in this thing.

Brian26
08-25-2004, 09:55 AM
8 games out now. Let's put together a streak and make this thing interesting, for crying out loud.

lowesox
08-25-2004, 10:46 AM
8 games out now. Let's put together a steak and make this thing interesting, for crying out loud.
They will. It seems like the White Sox thing to do. They break your heart at midseason by sucking and as soon as you give up on them (which judging by this postgame thread, we all have) they put it together for one last run - just to break your heart again.

Personally, I don't want that though. Kenny will use a late push in the offseason to validify trading away what's left of our system for a sloppy number 4 pitcher (who's secretly an ace). No thanks, I'll take the losses and better draft position.

Notre Dame football starts in 10 days.

Brian26
08-25-2004, 12:50 PM
Notre Dame football starts in 10 days.

:farmer

"Yes, it does."