PDA

View Full Version : Brian Anderson's Fast Track Development Appears To Have Slowed

Wealz
08-24-2004, 03:40 PM
Somewhat concerned with Anderson's last 4-6 weeks in Birmingham. After a fast start, he's down to .284/.354/.444 with just 4 HR's in 169 AB's. The system can't afford him to have plateaud, so this is something to keep an eye on.

Randar68
08-24-2004, 04:03 PM
Somewhat concerned with Anderson's last 4-6 weeks in Birmingham. After a fast start, he's down to .284/.354/.444 with just 4 HR's in 169 AB's. The system can't afford him to have plateaud, so this is something to keep an eye on.A negative post from you about a prospect? I'm shocked.

Let me guess. It's all KW's fault too. Just making sure we have it all covered. I suppose there's no reason for you to make another post about it since we've summarized your only 2 topics ever.

1) Prospect A sucks
2) KW Sucks

Wealz
08-24-2004, 04:08 PM
A negative post from you about a prospect? I'm shocked.

Let me guess. It's all KW's fault too. Just making sure we have it all covered. I suppose there's no reason for you to make another post about it since we've summarized your only 2 topics ever.

1) Prospect A sucks
2) KW Sucks
I don't like the negative tone you always take with me Randar68.

Randar68
08-24-2004, 04:29 PM
I don't like the negative tone you always take with me Randar68.
:violin:

Rex Hudler
08-24-2004, 06:16 PM
Go to your rooms kids!

Anderson is nursing a foot problem. He was also sick and lost about 10 pounds in 4 days. I wouldn't worry about him too much. He'll be fine, but don't expect him to be in Chicago on Opening Day next year.

Mohoney
08-24-2004, 07:15 PM
Go to your rooms kids!

Anderson is nursing a foot problem. He was also sick and lost about 10 pounds in 4 days. I wouldn't worry about him too much. He'll be fine, but don't expect him to be in Chicago on Opening Day next year.

I think that would have been a reach anyway. He needs to play at least one full season in AAA. Maybe a September call-up in '05, but that still depends on a few intangibles.

Next year, our AAA talent level will really improve if Anderson and McCarthy get there.

California Sox
08-24-2004, 07:24 PM
Plus this is Anderson's first full season. I think making it to AA and hitting .280 with close to an .800 OPS is pretty good for a first year guy who only had about 50 pro at bats before 2004. Then add to that the fact he's got some nagging injuries and illness, I'll still say he's our top prospect, even ahead of Sweeney and Bmac. I say he's in our outfield come August of next year.

Randar68
08-24-2004, 10:49 PM
Plus this is Anderson's first full season. I think making it to AA and hitting .280 with close to an .800 OPS is pretty good for a first year guy who only had about 50 pro at bats before 2004. Then add to that the fact he's got some nagging injuries and illness, I'll still say he's our top prospect, even ahead of Sweeney and Bmac. I say he's in our outfield come August of next year.
definitely. Spending the offseason rehabbing the wrist, and then coming into his first full year of baseball is definitely a big deal. His early success in AA along with the nagging injuries and sickness slowing him down the last month of his first full year, and Wealz is already crapping himself about it...

sheeeeshh.

doublem23
08-24-2004, 11:20 PM
Oh No...

Not Brian Anderson!

Man Soo Lee
08-24-2004, 11:28 PM
From the Trib (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-040824soxbits,1,6820655.story?coll=cs-home-headlines):

Williams said they have considered bringing up outfielder Brian Anderson, who is hitting .284 at Double-A Birmingham. But Birmingham's season will extend into September, so the Sox wouldn't be able to give him a long look.